Cannabis.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Making Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question

bogoljub777 is offline Registered+
    so what happened jasher?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

jasher is offline Registered
    well.. i tried an alcohol extraction and i hardly got anything out of it. i'm pretty sure i did it right. either way at the end the weed/plant matter was useless and the "hash oil" i was left with was barely any. so i guess i got the majority of it out using the no-heat extraction but i find that hard to believe. i conclude:

no-heat extraction works but leave it for more time then i did. also, if you can, a heat extraction always works much better.
    I'll make again in a week or so with heat and the same amount of the same quality bud and will compare the brownie's highs. that will be a better qualitative analysis.

sweet.

that sounds good man. too bad on the tme waste though.

so i assume that you cant do this around your parents or in your house, thats why you chose no heat method.

if you still have problems.... why not start a fire out in the woods or at a campsite, and cook it there?

also.... the hash oil dosent make that much. even when you use alot of weed.

jasher is offline Registered
    so i assume that you cant do this around your parents or in your house, thats why you chose no heat method.

if you still have problems.... why not start a fire out in the woods or at a campsite, and cook it there?
    you're spot on. and yeah, with what i know now, i would have rather made a fire/used a lavalamp base/something else with heat.

cool. do it up.

grow weed in some wooded are too.

J-dubb206 is offline Registered+
    if its mids id say go atleast 6 gs....

blued3vi1 is offline Registered+
    so you are telling me that i can take a flavored e-juice, let it sit for days/weeks with finely grind bud and then i can strain it and use the e juice and get high!?!?!?! im getting too excited about this.

catbuds is offline Banned
    Don't know what e-juice is, but thc is only soluble in alcohol or oil. So soak your pot in grain alcohol, vodka or whiskey, (several days), strain out the herbage, pour your alcohol into your e-juice & drink up.

cbraafhart is offline Registered+

Cool Please PM me your instructions(if possible)

I was wondering if this person succeeded this way, and if he/she can pm me the instructions how he did it. because I also want to try it without the heat. In the Netherlands buying a lot of cannabis is impossible. The rule being 5 grams per day. so i'm going to make a small batch and this method is one I was looking for. If the writer is not available anymore can someone please tell me how he did it. I've read the whole thread but I did not quite understand how he achieved it.
    thanks in advanced for your troubles
    nomoredrugwar likes this.

nomoredrugwar is offline Registered+
    I'm ready to try my own experiment, and was looking for some pointers. I have some stems and sticks from a really good strain, and a friend of mine (who's done it) said to fill a baby-food-sized jar about 1/4 to 1/3 with the stems, pour olive oil over it, stir it around, then put it somewhere dark and cool. Check it at around the 10-day mark to see if there is any cloudiness in the oil -- I don't know why, but this appears to be a bad thing. If the oil doesn't remain fairly clear, then the batch might be "bad." (I think "bad" in this case means it won't be potent, but I'm not sure.) The process is supposed to take a couple of weeks.

Since I use olive oil to cook with, I thought this might be an additional source of medicine. My friend said as long as I don't heat it at too high a temperature when cooking, then it should bring the THC out and be effective. (Baking accomplishes the same thing at low temperatures.)

So, cbraafhart, shall we try it together? Might as well, the only other thing I do with my stems and sticks is throw them away. Seems like a waste, right?

I finished my experiment and my oil has turned 2 to 3 colors darker. I've used Mild olive oil so i don't have that much olive oil taste when i bake with it. I have yet to try this to see what effects it would have. but When i test it i would post back and give everybody a detailed results. But I've eaten space cake and I've smoked weed but it seems i don't get high don't know why .
    My test batch was made with 5 grams of white widow( it is said to be 15-21% THC) and 100 ml of Mild olive Oil.

Cool Waiting to test my batch

I finished my experiment and my oil has turned 2 to 3 colors darker. I've used Mild olive oil so i don't have that much olive oil taste when i bake with it. I have yet to try this to see what effects it would have. but When i test it i would post back and give everybody a detailed results. But I've eaten space cake and I've smoked weed but it seems i don't get high don't know why .
    My test batch was made with 5 grams of white widow( it is said to be 15-21% THC) and 100 ml of Mild olive Oil.
    catbuds and nomoredrugwar like this.

How long did you let it marinate? I started mine today with virgin olive oil, and even took pictures -- one with a lit candle behind it that makes it look like THC sparks inside the oil... Unfortunately, my pictures are too large for this website. I've also tried numerous edibles, but got little effect, so let's both keep our fingers crossed!

By the way, my friend said that I shouldn't cook with the oil, but just use it to toss hot pasta (along with the butter of course).

Don't know how to make oil, but I do know that if the oil clouds up, it's due to bacterial growth. (Just like the bacteria bloom that makes new fish tankes go cloudy, called new tank syndrome). I'm following this! Thought... how about if you decarb the herb before placing it into the oil, or putting it all together & bringing heat up enough to kill bacteria (what temp?) , then putting on the lid & letting sit?
    - My ex & I were making BHO once. I came in the house just for a min & left him ALONE just within the edge of the woods. In less than 5 min, he managed to set a 2 mile deep, 8 mile long stretch of woods on fire! So I'm seriously interested in producing extracts without heat!

Quote Originally Posted by cbraafhart View Post
    - Well if that don't knock your socks off, we'll know this method isn't leaching the THC into the oil! Don't throw out the plant material! If it has no potency don't waste the widow. Put her back in the oil & heat it to proper temp (?) For the recommended (?) time. At least its not BHO & you won't be setting the woods on fire! LOL!

Hey catbuds, we're trying to do this without any heat at all. But, also, we wouldn't want to decarb until we're ready to consume, right?

There are too many stories about homemade BHO causing fires and explosions, don't you think? Not that it is something that I would ever try, as I'm not as brave as you are. But it kinda sounds like it's a good thing this person is your "ex"?

I know 'without heat' is the main issue, but should you not be able to leach the THC into the oil, I know of no other way to save it without heating. Sorry. I haven't messed with doing any of this since Ronnie & the fire. We have people here who are into the concentrates big time who could help, Weezard, Growgoddess & Crystaliscious. Look for the thread, 'My experience with RSO. There's nothing on the thread about making oil without heat, but that's where you'll find the people who would know if it can be done, & how to go about it. I hope you find a way to make it work. But I just had a thought. .... Can you get a coffee mug warmer or candle warmer? Maybe put everything together in a ceramic bowl, plug in the warmer&set it up behind something to hide it? Only have it plugged in while you're there (fear of fire)? Grasping at straws!
    - As for the the "ex", There's hundreds of reasons he's better as an 'ex' than anything else. He was an abusive dick to anything living. The worse was the animal abuse. He was so hated around here, his meth hook up gave him a big bag of herion instead of meth (crank) & O.Ded big time. Found dead behind the liquor store with a syringe hanging from his arm. No one mourned but his mamma. I was a little pissed I never got my revenge. Ehh, maybe someday I'll find his grave so I can take a dump on it.
    - But anyway, the three people I mentioned know more about oils & concentrates than anyone here.

cannabis-seeds is online now Premium Sponsor
    speaking of BHO, has anyone tried that honey bee extractor?
    i happened across it on Amazon & they make it seem somewhat less dangerous
    then i had to search & there were glass extractors that look very much like something else to me - if you see them, you'll know exactly what i mean.

~~shadow
    Cannabis Seeds | Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!
    cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store
    Follow us on twitter @rhinoseeds for special offers on premium beans.
    Check our Cannabis Seeds Blog for the latest news.

Weezard is offline Registered+
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, CB.
    Been keeping my nose out because no one asked me.
    This thread got way off track with well-meaning advice that did not actually address the question.

This discussion is not about decarboxylization of the active ingredients.
    It is about the efficient extraction of resins from cannabis using vegetable oil as the carrier

First, a little correction.
    Ethanol is a good solvent and does not need more than 3 minutes wash at freezing temperatures to extract as much as 22% oil by weight.
    The whole "green dragon" thing is a waste of time.
    Isopropyl alcohol is even more aggressive and should only be used at very low temperatures.

The reason is not the solvency of the resin/oil it's about the "packaging"
    The majority of the oil is encapsulated within a wax shell.
    Making Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question-4352.jpgMaking Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question-one.jpg
    It keeps the oil from oxidizing, and protects it from the elements.
    The wax softens at body temperatures and melts @ >100F.
    The wax dissolves readily in most solvents, but not so much in oils.
    That's why we boil cannabutter, not to de-carb, but to melt the wax.

Hope that helps

De carb is another subject and I'll be posting a tutorial soon.

Aloha, y'all

Weezard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question-2589.jpg  
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

Ok... Weeze, I might be wrong, but I have the impression the two new to this thread may be trying to do this in their room very stealthy, so that's why I brought up the mug warmer. So, if you used oil (or in my case butter for my cat), would it work with a mug warmer? & if so, for how long? (I'm my case, I want to infuse the butter with the cannabis oils & only strain out the big pieces of herb without using water, because Sam likes that taste). I need to take my own advice & do some reading! Want (need) to learn how to do all the concentrates. But anyway, just what can be done with a mug warmer?

That will work a treat!

How long will depend on temperature of course.
    Decarb is a curve.
    Higher temperature requires less time.
    At 212 F. it takes many hours.
    At 252 F., 27 minutes or so.
    I have a graph here if I can find it.
    Hang on. . .
    Ah.

http://cannabischris.com/wp-content/...on-graph-b.jpg

Keep in mind that coffee warmers are not born equal, yah?
    Just stir the weed into the butter in one of those thin, metal, measuring cups on a coffee warmer.

I used to monitor the temps with an IR scanner and time it with my phone.
    After a few runs and some close observation, I found that I can just go by visual indicators.
    Living Hawai'i, I look for tiny bubbles when doing ethanol extractions.
    As you reach the end, the excess water boils off in large bubbles of steam.
    When those cease, continue heating and very small bubbles form, they are the CO2 boiling off.
    (Carbon Dioxide is denser than air so the bubbles are smaller than steam, or air.)
    When small bubble production slows, I call it done.
    That, and not unlike baking cookies, the scent can tell you when they are done.
    There is a subtle, but definite, change in the smell

Aloha,
    Weeze

Thanx Weez! Your poor computer must have its memory nearly maxed out by now, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds View Post
    Thanx Weez! Your poor computer must have its memory nearly maxed out by now, yeah?
    I seem to be blessed with expandable ram.
    Might be because I constantly defrag it.
    I'm getting mo' betta at discarding "facts" that are no such thing , and ideas with little merit.
    In short, completely delete useless files, outright falsehoods, and emotional baggage.
    My head is practically empty and constantly "hungry".
    Always got room for actual facts.

When knowledge is shared it becomes wide spread wisdom.
    Knowledge hoarded?
    What's the point?

Now, to stay on topic.
    Grinding the cannabis in not recommended when making budder
    The meds we want, are primarily stored in the sessile and capitate glands.
    There is < 1% in the stalks so grinding them up results in dilution and and contamination of the end product.
    Just thoroughly dry and gently crumble the buds.
    Then you can use a kitchen sieve to easily filter out the dross.

Same advice goes for a cold extraction, with solvents, so it qualifies as on topic yah?

Aloha y'all
    Weeze
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12