Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THC extract

Juicyy is offline Registered

THC extract

Heyy guys

Dnt know if anyone has posted this, Sorry if someone did.

Got this off THC extraction from Marijuana

"If you ever had to think twice about lighting up a joint for fear of someone smelling it. If you were ever forced to blow the smoke out a window and pray you don't reek of weed. If you ever had to sneak around and couldn't enjoy a good buzz..."

Easy THC Extraction
    1995 Axis Innovations

This article will describe, in detail, a technique of extracting the essential oils from hemp. The final product will be a dark, oily liquid that contains 70+% pure THC. The following steps require nothing more than simple, easy to find materials and a little time.

Advantages of THC oil:

* No hot, harsh smoke to irritate your lungs
    * No tar to stain your teeth and fingers
    * Very little smell
    * 5 times as much THC in bloodstream
    * Get 5 times as many "trips" per $$$ as compared to joint/bong smoking
    * No carcinogens to give you cancer
    * The list goes on and on but let's get down to business...

Materials you'll need for extraction:

* A glass jar with a watertight lid (widemouth Mason jars work great)
    * A metal measuring cup with handle (2 cup capacity recommended)
    * Bottle of 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear brand is perfect)
    * Any quantity of pot, any strength (from a gram up to a few ounces)
    * A 1' X 1' piece of sturdy cloth (t-shirt material works fine)
    * An eye-dropper bottle (contact lens type bottles work great)
    * The use of an ELECTRIC stove and its overhead fan

Step 1

You'll need to chop up your weed and pick apart the buds until it looks like grass clippings. Remove any seeds, they have their own oils which we don't want. Dump the powdered pot into the mason jar and pour in just enough grain alcohol so the weed particles float freely in the mixture. Place the lid securely on the jar and shake a few times.

Let this mixture sit for a few hours, shaking it every once in a while. The alcohol should have turned a dark green color and when shaken should form colorful, oily bubbles on top.

Place the sturdy cloth over the metal container and press the cloth down to form a funnel. Carefully pour the contents of the mason jar onto the cloth which is in the metal cup. Make sure to get most of the weed particles out of the jar. Gather up the edges of the cloth and squeeze the remaining liquid out of the lump of weed into the metal cup.
    Step 1a

You should now have a quantity of dark green liquid in your metal measuring cup. It is possible to extract more THC oil from the remaining pot. I recommend performing Step 1 a second time immediately after completing it the first time. No sense throwing away the good stuff. Dump the pot from the cloth back into the mason jar and repeat step 1. You now have twice as much liquid in your metal cup upon repeating the first step.

Step 2

Be sure to use an electric stove in this step! (If you don't have one, read Step 2a)

Take the metal cup containing the green liquid over to the stove. Turn one of the electric eyes on LOW setting and place the metal cup on that burner. I highly suggest using the fan over the stove to remove the alcohol vapors during this entire step. Watch the liquid closely. It should only boil slightly, never raise the burner temperature above MEDIUM LOW. We need the liquid to cook down until it's slightly thick. This may take some time but be patient.

Once the liquid starts to thicken and turn darker, remove it from the heat. Never let it get too thick or it'll be too difficult to work with. If you do accidentally make it too thick, just add a small quantity of the grain alcohol to the metal cup and swirl it around till it's thinner.

Let it cool down to room temperature inside the metal cup. It should be runny enough to be poured into the eye-dropper bottle easily. You now have your final product: THC oil. It's necessary to have some grain alcohol left in the resulting liquid so it's easy to work with. This will not affect the potency of the oil.

Step 2a

This part is for the people with gas stoves. Do not use a gas stove to cook down alcohol! The vapors will explode! You'll have to have patience to complete this step. To get a final product just put the metal container in a place where it won't be disturbed. The alcohol will have to evaporate on its own. If at all possible keep it in a slightly warm area with decent ventilation. It may take days.

Once it's evaporated test to see if it's too thick. If it is, pour a small amount of grain alcohol in the metal cup and mix. Pour the liquid into your eye-dropper bottle.

Smoking Instructions

(NOTE: When smoking this oil in any form, do not let it come into direct contact with a flame. That destroys much of the THC and defeats the purpose of this whole project.)

You have the oil in the eye-dropper bottle and you're ready to smoke some? Clean up your mess first. You don't want to have to explain why a rag of wet marijuana is lying on the kitchen table do you? Wash out the jar, the metal cup, and throw away the cloth. Throw away the weed too, it's useless. Use a water/alcohol mixture to wash out the jar and cup.

Materials you'll need for smoking:

* A 5" X 5" piece of aluminum foil
    * A Bic pen tube (take out all the stuff until it's hollow)
    * A stationary flame source (a butane torch works best, but you can use a candle, lighter, etc.)
    * The THC oil in the eye-dropper bottle

Make a "spoon" out of the aluminum foil. This takes some practice but you'll get a design that works. Put 6-8 drops of the oil into the "spoon" and hold it about 4" over the flame. It should begin to boil slightly. Don't let it get too close to the flame just yet. It'll cook down and turn very dark brown and begin to make crackling sounds. Now you should lower the spoon so the THC is directly over the flame. The spoon is still face up, we're just really putting the heat to it. Hold the Bic pen tube about 1" above the dark brown area and inhale through the tube. You'll see a white smoke come up from the dark area, this is vaporized THC. Once you have a lungfull, remove the spoon from the flame. You'll feel the effects almost instantly. Exhale and place the spoon back over the flame and inhale again.

Once you've smoked what's in the spoon, put a few more drops in and repeat as many times as you want. On occasion I've smoked so much at one time that all I could do was lay on the floor with a stupid look on my face. Also, I've noticed I get a bad case of "cotton mouth," it's normal.

LOC NAR on probation is offline Registered+
    I had one of the first ISO hashoil makers way back in the day. It did all the work. Same thing only easier. We used to smear our rolling papers with the green gue and call them oilers.

greenLUNG420 is offline Registered
    this seems like a bomb way to smoke, nice find

Coelho is offline Registered+
    This THC oil is also called Hash Oil.

IridescentBSO is offline Registered
    would you be able to just drink this? perhaps put it in with alcohol so it hits the blood stream really fast (like you would with acid or LSA). This would be awesome to keep in a little container (like the eyedroper) and put a few drops on every meal or snack throughout the day, or put it in with a little whiskey flask

Quote Originally Posted by IridescentBSO View Post
    would you be able to just drink this? perhaps put it in with alcohol so it hits the blood stream really fast (like you would with acid or LSA).
    Yes, dissolving it in alcohol makes it "drinkable". But it tastes pretty bad, so it would be better to mix this "oiled" alcohol with something also for cover its taste.

It can also be mixed with anything that contains fat, like oil, milk, molten butter, molten chocolate and be used in a lot of recipes. But when cooking with it, dont make a very large meal, because drinking/eating weed works better with an empty stomach, so making a large pizza with this oil wouldnt work at all. For me, adding some drops of this weed oil in a small piece (some 5g) of molten chocolate works very well.

I dont know if eating just the weed oil would make one high. Maybe it would, but dissolving it in something (alcohol or fat) ensures its absortion by the body.

Note that eating/drinking weed takes some hours to kick in (usually 2-3h), and lasts for several hours.

I was trying to think of some kind of drink it could be added to that you could drink while on the go, adding it to milk with tea/coffee would work for that; but after you add the extract to the milk (or anything else) would it need time to sit so it dissolves into the milk and absorbs into the fat? I would make just canna-milk but it can't be carried around (or it goes bad like all milk) or be left in the fridge at work because well... So yeah, does it need time to absorb into milk or would it be an instant mixture

Also, if you pack your vaporizer and then put your drops of this into the weed in the vap will that work also? It doesn't get touched by flames and if you put it in the center of the bowl it wont even touch the super heating until the heat hits the bud, so it shouldn't ruin the thc (in theory). I just am not down for smoking bud like its meth and I really want to make this.
    Last edited by IridescentBSO; Jun-12-2009 at 20:20.

JD1stTimer is offline Registered+
    Won't tea and coffee with milk also spoil?
    You know you're high when you wonder why moms everywhere choose Lysol when to normal squares it's no wonder. And if a Woolite Pod commercial somehow makes you think of sex.

most people use milk or creamer (which is just like milk, only more fatty i believe? ~shrug~). Its because milk mixed with water doesn't spoil (i don't know why it works, it just does) and coffee is just water filtered through coffee beans so your basically adding milk to water which makes it not spoil...

I was trying to think of some kind of drink it could be added to that you could drink while on the go, adding it to milk with tea/coffee would work for that; but after you add the extract to the milk (or anything else) would it need time to sit so it dissolves into the milk and absorbs into the fat? I would make just canna-milk but it can't be carried around (or it goes bad like all milk) or be left in the fridge at work because well... So yeah, does it need time to absorb into milk or would it be an instant mixture
    Well... mixing the hash oil with alcohol is pretty fast. Just put it into the alcohol and mix until it dissolve. It takes less than a couple of minutes.
    Mixing it with milk takes a bit longer. The best way to do this is to heat the milk until its almost boiling (but not boiling) then add the hash oil. The hot milk makes the hash oil far softer and thinner (usually hash oil is thick and viscous) and much easier to mix. Just mix the milk until the hash oil get dissolved in it. With hot milk it takes just a couple of minutes too.

Also, if you pack your vaporizer and then put your drops of this into the weed in the vap will that work also? It doesn't get touched by flames and if you put it in the center of the bowl it wont even touch the super heating until the heat hits the bud, so it shouldn't ruin the thc (in theory). I just am not down for smoking bud like its meth and I really want to make this.
    It works too... And im pretty sure that hash oil could even be vaporized alone, without weed. The temperature of a vaporizer usually isnt hot enough to destroy the THC, but only to vaporize it, so it should work fine.

ky1956 is offline Registered+

oral ingestion

You can also just eat it

Storm Crow is offline Registered+

Exclamation I was OK with it until-

* A 5" X 5" piece of aluminum foil
    * A Bic pen tube (take out all the stuff until it's hollow)

Inhaling aluminum fumes is not good for the health.

Aluminum in tobacco and cannabis and smoking-relat...[Am J Med. 2006] - PubMed Result

Aluminum in tobacco and cannabis and smoking-related disease.
    Exley C, Begum A, Woolley MP, Bloor RN.

Birchall Centre for Inorganic Chemistry and Materials Science, Keele University, Staffordshire, United Kingdom. c.exley@chem.keele.ac.uk

PURPOSE: The study aimed to confirm the very high content of aluminum in tobacco and cannabis and to provide for the first time evidence that such aluminum could be biologically available. METHODS: Complete digestion of tobacco and cannabis was achieved using a 50:50 mixture of 14 M HNO3 and 0.1 M NaF. Total Al in digests was measured by graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. A bespoke cigarette smoking apparatus was used to determine if aluminum in active or passive tobacco/cannabis smoke would be trapped by a surrogate lung fluid. RESULTS: The aluminum content of tobacco and cannabis was confirmed to be high, as much as 0.37% and 0.4% by weight respectively. Aluminum in tobacco and cannabis smoke, whether actively (drawn) or passively inhaled, was shown to accumulate significantly in surrogate lung fluids, thus demonstrating its potential biological availability. CONCLUSIONS: Active and passive smoking of tobacco or cannabis will increase the body burden of aluminum and thereby contribute to respiratory, neurological and other smoking-related disease.

Now THAT is about just ingesting chemically treated tobacco or cannabis- not really about smoking it. (And I do note that the amounts were "as much as", though- so the numbers are "worst case"). But the amounts picked up by plants (and cannabis is very efficient for detoxing soils of pollutants) are small, when you compare them with smoking through aluminum devices.

Now, we have all seen what happens to that foil or pop can when you smoke through it- the metal gets thin and crumply looking. That means aluminum is disappearing, being vaporized. And where is that vaporized metal going???

And using a PLASTIC pen tube to suck up hot fumes??? Plastic fumes are really bad for you- many are carcinogenic. It's not as bad as using it for a pipe stem (which I have seen- no, it didn't last long), but still not good. Use a paper soda straw or something!

Put the oil on your papers, or on a bit of (real) cotton cloth or hemp twine and vaporize it. Drip it on parsley, catnip, or even oregano and vape or smoke it. Don't use plastic and aluminum!

Granny
    Last edited by Storm Crow; Jun-14-2009 at 20:39.
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

melodious fellow is offline Registered+

I realize this thread is a month old but this is important

I definitely agree with Storm Crow that it is dangerous to use plastic or aluminum foil! Also, from searching the net, I have seen many websites that recommend placing a drop of oil on an eating-utensil spoon and then heating the spoon from below via a candle or lighter. I think this might be equally or more dangerous as most flatware/silverware contains cadmium and chromium and nickel and many other poisonous metals as well as polishes and galvanized coatings, etc. I was horrified (and scared) to realize that some of these metals (such as cadmium) have melting points well below the temperature of a candle flame. People might be smoking their spoons instead of merely the oil (I tested this by seeing if a spoon will produce smoke when heated over a flame without any oil added and it did) Hopefully I don't have cadmium poisoning or metal fume fever.... but I am worried because I worry alot. Hot-knifing may even be dangerous as most electric stove burners heat to well over the melting point of some of these metals according to MSDS. Hopefully someone on here knows more about this subject than I, but either way this is not good.

Granny- I believe you have a vaporbros yes? Can you go into more detail about vaporizing oil over herbs as this was a bit difficult and I don't think it worked for me.
    Last edited by melodious fellow; Jul-23-2009 at 10:58. Reason: grammar
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

Did you use a candle for heating the spoon? If so, how far the spoon was from the flame?

A very small candle and a stainless steel kitchen spoon with the bottom of the spoon pretty much touching the flame (flame doesn't touch the oil, so it is supposed to be "vaporizing" but I don't think this is safe. I got nervous when the bottom of the spoon starting getting black, although the black coating easily wipes off the spoon. What are your methods of smoking/vaping oil Coelho? (btw, I am glad you replied, you are one of the smartest people I have met on here)
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

Well... if you used a candle, then the smoke you got (and the black residue) wasnt from the spoon, but from the candles incomplete combustion. In fact, putting anything (even a bar of the most heat resistent substance) over a candle will produce smoke (try it) which shows the smoke is coming from the flame itself, and not from the thing being heated.

Also, even if the temperature in the flame reaches thousands of degrees, it is still almost impossible to melt a metal spoon only with a candles flame, cause the heat gets distributed over all the spoon and it lowers the "reachable" temperature. I think (but never tried it) one couldnt melt even lead (which has one of the lowest melting points) by just putting it on a spoon and heating it with a flame.

I think the only danger is when one uses aluminium foil. It is very thin so it can reach high temperatures without much heating, and it also burns, which produces very high temperatures and possibly causes the production of aluminium vapour, which is very harmful.

When the aluminum foil burns, it gets momentarily red hot then it shrinks, gets coarse and loses its shine. If anyone use aluminium foil and notice that after smoking the aluminium foil got this way, it means one inhaled harmful substances.

But if one is careful and not heat the aluminium foil too much, but only enough to vaporize the hash oil, without letting the aluminum burn, and after smoking the aluminium foil remains smooth, shiny and without any shrinking, then i think there is no danger, cause the aluminium wasnt burnt and so no harmful vapours were released.

And i smoke hash oil much like the OP described, with aluminium foil and a bic lighter (instead a candle, exactly because of the candles smoke). When i was unexperienced, i accidentally heated the aluminium foil too much, and inhaled the smoke from burnt aluminium. It is easily noticed, as it tastes very different from hash oil, and burns the throat a lot more. Since then ive been much more careful and only heated the aluminium enough to vaporize the hash oil, and never got the awful smoke of burnt aluminium again. As it is pretty noticeable, im pretty sure i never inhaled burnt aluminium smoke anymore, and so im convinced it isnt a harmful way of smoking hash oil, if it were done carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    Well... if you used a candle, then the smoke you got (and the black residue) wasnt from the spoon, but from the candles incomplete combustion.
    i love you coelho. i had been seriously freaking out (i think i am a hypochondriac). maybe this means my breathing difficulties the last few days have been entirely psycho-somatic. I spent hours and hours reading about all different kinds of metal-fume poisoning haha.

is the aluminum foil just really convenient for you (i am wondering why you don't just use a spoon or hot knife etc to be extra cautious)??

I was really surprised that the mods did not remove the part in the original post instructing people to use aluminum foil and a bic pen.
    Last edited by melodious fellow; Jul-24-2009 at 20:33. Reason: grammar
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

1Wonder is offline Registered
    I think they still make hash oil glass pipes also. Thats what we used to use back in the 70's. Im gunna have to try some of this on my next harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by melodious fellow View Post
    i love you coelho. i had been seriously freaking out (i think i am a hypochondriac). maybe this means my breathing difficulties the last few days have been entirely psycho-somatic. I spent hours and hours reading about all different kinds of metal-fume poisoning haha.
    Man... the mind is actually a very powerful thing... it may make ones healthy body get sick, and may make ones sick body get healthy. So, if you actually are a hypochondriac, i would advise you not to read anything health related, for avoid putting "ideas" into your mind...

is the aluminum foil just really convenient for you (i am wondering why you don't just use a spoon or hot knife etc to be extra cautious)??
    Well... for me its the most practical way of smoking... spoons dissipate the heat, and so its impossible to smoke with it when the lighters fuel is near the end... and knives needs a larger source of heat, as an oven... i dont know how long one would have to heat a knife with a bic lighter until it got hot enough... so, after i learned to be careful, using aluminium became the best choice for me.

I was really surprised that the mods did not remove the part in the original post instructing people to use aluminum foil and a bic pen.
    Maybe it was because, if done carefully and properly, it isnt a SO bad way of smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Wonder View Post
    I think they still make hash oil glass pipes also. Thats what we used to use back in the 70's. Im gunna have to try some of this on my next harvest.
    A glass pipe would be indeed a very good way for smoking it...

jebus2029 is offline Registered+
    You could also evaporate it down until it is thick and pliable, or go even further and let it get hard and crisp. Then you just break off a piece and throw it in your bowl.

BlznAzn is offline Registered
    IMO the best way to safely enjoy hash oil w/o having to worry is using a concentrate bowl with a water pipe. Its a little inset bowl that has its holes above the bowl, so you just drop a few drops in and hit it with a bic, but just close enough to start it smoking. No aluminum, no plastic, just glass and water. Or no water, either way.

scrumby is offline Registered+
    I love how detailed the "How To" on chasing the dragon is. It was almost like a story that prompted images of back alley kif, and opium smokers in Afghanistan.

im def gunna use this but im gunna mod it a bit and take the alchihol and run it through my bud like 3 times so its really potent =D and im gunna cook all the alch. off so its powdered and lace my kush with it....good stuff
    basicly ive got a 7 foot hermi growing right now (first grow) and im just gunna dry that whole thing out and make hash out of it =D thanx for the info though

- keep smoking =D

sunbiz1 is offline Banned
    I would imagine you could use this method(as originally posted)over a gas stove if you are careful with a low heat setting.

Anyone tried the alcohol method over an open flame?

MadSativa is offline Registered+

BHO FTW not ISO

this thread confuses me a little, I know it is about ISO hash, but it is very old. In fact BHO is the preferred method of making hash oil, for at least 2 years, now.

butane extraction is much safer and better product then ISO hash any day. Much more pure when done correctly as well. I use a Okeif extractor, and a butane that is refined at least 4 times.

It is important to not use heat of a open flam, and also to be out side or in a well ventilated area. here are some links and vids, to use.

Also personally I really like iceolator hash, better, the taste the high everything.

Also it is not difficult to smoke oil, they have special bowls, domes, and bells you can use with your glass on glass bong. but you really don need any of these. I use a clean bong, and a torch, like a brulee torch, or even a cigarette torch, that can be bought at the corner store.

I use about 5-8 new clean screens, and just lay them flat on the bowl, so you get a plate of screens or a flat surface on your bong bowl, blob a dab of oil on top of your screens, it is easy use your torch to keep things clean, then hit it with the torch, inhale quickly, and there you go you are taking, BHO bong hits. their are also special bowls know as oil domes, oil bells, and extract bowls, that you can buy just for smoking PURE

Oh and the oil smokers I know, always whip it, for essayer handling storing, and more PURE smoke. look up whipping hash oil if you dont know what whipping your oil is all about. I hope this helps someone, cause this thread was a long read, and I still am confused

oh I don't make to much bho, it is for growers or the rich, but I did make some recently and it was very goo, and really does take only minutes to cure and smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kW7F...e=channel_page

okief butane oil tubes

and if I dont say some of my buddies will be mad

"KEEP IT PURE"
    Last edited by MadSativa; Sep-02-2009 at 21:41.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast