Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Candy Recipe - lollipops

rudy2010 is offline Banned

Candy Recipe - lollipops

I just found a good recipe for making lollipops or suckers or hard candy. It was from Paula Deen at the Food Network site. It use regular sugar, light corn syrup, butter and jello. I used the thermometer from my turkey fryer and it seemed to work OK in place of the candy thermometer. I used my cannabutter in the recipe. The candy was excellent and very chronic. It hardened really well and tasted great. However it is not clear like some suckers when it hardens but that was not a problem for me.

Just search for lollipops at the food network site for details.

If you use this recipe make sure to make the candies really quickly or the whole thing will harden in the pot!

I was wondering if anyone has any other recipes for suckers or lollipops or hard candy that will result in clear chronic candy. I don't have keefe or hash oil but I do have cannabutter and cannaoil. I also have high quality shake that can be used or buds if that is the only way.

fight2survive is offline Registered
    looking for that tooo....thanks.

I can find the clear hard candies and suckers at almost every dispensary. Some are really hard and break if you bite them and some are just a little chewy and will bend a little before they break. The ones I bought are not as chronic as the ones I made with the non clear candy recipe but they were just tiny little frogs and such so that may explain the weakness.

I hope someone can chime in with a way to infuse clear candies with some kind of cannabis extract other than hash or oil.

I can make tincture by soaking buds in grain alcohol. I was thinking of giving this a try with some afgoo buds and make a really strong tincture. Then I could spike the candy like you do jello shots or something like that. Any thoughts or suggestions.
    alchemiss likes this.

Faddenator is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010 View Post
    I can find the clear hard candies and suckers at almost every dispensary. Some are really hard and break if you bite them and some are just a little chewy and will bend a little before they break. The ones I bought are not as chronic as the ones I made with the non clear candy recipe but they were just tiny little frogs and such so that may explain the weakness.

I hope someone can chime in with a way to infuse clear candies with some kind of cannabis extract other than hash or oil.

I can make tincture by soaking buds in grain alcohol. I was thinking of giving this a try with some afgoo buds and make a really strong tincture. Then I could spike the candy like you do jello shots or something like that. Any thoughts or suggestions.
    Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions, just thoughts. I don't think spiking the mixture will work because it will probably affect how it hardens. I could be completely wrong though.

It would just suck to spend 2 months and an ounce of bud making that tincture just to waste it... Either that or it's totally worth it and I'm missing out
    When in doubt, fill it out. :CanCom Troubleshooting Form

Any/all posts made by the person(s) under this username are 100% fictional and are for the purpose of online role play. Any/all images/videos associated with this username are compiled from various locations on the internet and are in no way connected to person(s) under this username. Therefore, any form of media associated with this username should be regarded as solely fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

That thought had occurred to me as well. Messing with an extablished recipe could be a problem and wasting buds is always a bummer. I was thinking though that since the sugar mixture has to be heated to 275 - 300 degrees to make the candy the alchohol would evaporate off and leave just the THC carrying part of the tincture.

Hopefully someone who has been successful will chime in. In the mean time the non clear candies I have are totally delicious and effective.

fight2survive is offline Registered
    rudy, i tried your recipe yesterday, and it didnt worked at all...For some reason, the butter got extracted from the mix during the cooking process....

Maybe you did not stir the product enough during cooking or had the heat too high. You need to stir the sugar butter and corn syrup constantly while it is being brought a boil. Then keep stirring contantly until the temp reaches 300 degrees F then take off the heat and add the Jello. Mix the Jello quickly and pour out the candy as quickly as possible. And don't make the candies too big or they will be harder to eat. I hope you did not ruin your canna butter.

We had really good luck on our first try. We went out and bought several other flavors of Jello to make other flavors of candy. We still have a lot left from the first batch so we have not tried the recipe again.

I make the butter by adding 2 oz of quality trimmings to 1 lb of butter. Let the mixture start to boil then turn down to a simmer and cook 8-10 hours covered. Strain with cheese cloth and cool.

The following recipe is stolen from Paula Deen at the Food Network site under cherry lollipop

3/4 cup white sugar
    1/2 stick butter
    1/2 cup light corn syrup
    1 (3-ounce) box cherry gelatin dessert
    Nonstick vegetable cooking spray

Butter or spray nonstick vegetable cooking spray onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Arrange half of the lollipop sticks on each and set aside.

Cook's Note: When measuring corn syrup, spray measuring cup with nonstick spray as corn syrup will pour out smoother.

In a small saucepan over medium heat add sugar, butter and corn syrup together until sugar has dissolved.

Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Insert a candy thermometer into syrup and continue cooking until temperature reaches 300 degrees F. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin until smooth. Cook's Note: This sugar syrup is very hot and can cause a painful burn!

Using a metal tablespoon and working quickly, drop heaping spoonfuls of lollipop syrup on end of each lollipop stick. Cool completely. Wrap each sucker in plastic wrap and store in an air tight container.

Just some additional info on our experience.

The butter does not really mix with the sugar until after the mixture boils. Maybe even a little after that. You have to keep stirring practically the entire time. When the temperature reaches about 270 degrees F and definitely by the time the temp reaches 300 degrees F a metamorphisys takes place and the whole mixture starts to look like a nice carmely mix. I had an assistant when I made my candy and we traded off stirring and holding the thermometer. My assistant had a blister from the constant stirring and the fact that we used an all metal stirring spoon which got really hot.

Hope these details help. The candy is excellent. I had one approximately 2 inch diameter disk of candy last night and was totally ripped about an hour later.

bubadutep75 is offline Registered+
    great idea, I thought about making candied apples, I have made them before but you could easily add canna butter or hash to the mix

Graywolf is offline Registered+
    Hi ya'll, try this:

A patient friend had jaw pain and coveted a lozenge, so I came up with the following lollipops, which not only did the patient fall in love with, but in field testing, it developed a strong popular following for both it’s medicinal effect, and its tasty method of ingestion.

Please note that candy making is hazardous because of the extreme 300F temperature of the mixture and its propensity to spatter in the presence of moisture and the way it sticks to the skin while burning. Wear long sleeve clothes and eye protection while using this recipe.

Note that both the cinnamon oil and the hot chili oil will burn both the skin and eyes, as well as create respiratory and sinus distress if its hot vapors are inhaled in quantity. Mix under a well ventilated hood and wash your hands after handling.

The oil bath will also react violently with water at 375F, so make sure that the vessels that you place in them are dry and keep other sources of water away from it.

Cinnamon Cannapops

1 Cup sugar
    1/3 Cup honey
    3/8 Cup water
    ½ Dram Loranne Oils Cinnamon candy oil concentrate
    ½ Teaspoon Loranne Hot Chili favor booster (optional to make hotter)
    ½ Dram BHO cannabis oil concentrate
    . Powdered sugar as needed

Start by extracting the cannabis oil from trim using BHO or QWISO techniques.

Place extracted oil in a 250F oil bath and cook one hour. This purges any remaining solvent and decarboxylates the oil to make it orally active.

Add Cinnamon oil (and hot chili oil) and stir until mixed. Set aside.

Mix the sugar, honey, and water in a pot and place in an oil bath at 375F. Mix well while beginning warming and then cease stirring until the mixture reaches 300F.

Remove from oil bath and allow to cool until it reaches ~230F. Add cannabis cinnamon oil mixture and stir until mixed. Do not inhale the fumes that come off during mixing and avoid eye contact with the fumes.

Spoon mixture into prepared lollypop molds, or pour onto cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with Pam.

Score material in pan in ¼ grid pattern with a Pam lubricated knife as it cools.

Allow to cool until semi rigid, and then remove lollypops from the mold and coat them and the sheet lightly with powdered sugar to eliminate stickiness.

Titrate to determine dosage using ¼” scored squares.

Bon appetite! Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort………….

GW

PS: The patient and Jolly Roger fan requesting the “hot” cinnamon Cannapops, reports that the ½ teaspoon chili oil booster was about perfect for her and I liked it as well.

In her own words, “It gave me a speech impediment from a cleft pallet, but as soon as it quits burning, I can’t keep from sticking it back in my mouth again.”

My own reaction too!

Cinnamon pops sound good but require some special BHO oil. The pops are a lot of work but real rewarding.

Tips:
    You have to keep stirring after it boils
    It does not look right until right before the end
    You need to be ready to pour the pops quickly

johard59 is offline Registered+

cheese that you can for everything

here is my recipe also.. check this out..

3 Tbs cannabutter
    3 Tbs Flour
    1/2 Ts salt
    1 1/2 cups Milk
    1 cup of any kid of grated chesse but not processed

Melt the cannabutter and remove from heat,stir in flour and salt. Add the milk graduly and stir until well mixed. Cook it over low heat until its thickened or it start bubling and rember to stir it until it bubbkles. Cook for 5 minutes add cheese and stir until smooth and blended.

This is amazing over any pasta and vegtables.

the high is a 9/10 hahah

Graywolf is offline Registered+
    Cinnamon pops sound good but require some special BHO oil. The pops are a lot of work but real rewarding.

Tips:
    You have to keep stirring after it boils
    It does not look right until right before the end
    You need to be ready to pour the pops quickly
    Note if you are making pops by my recipe, you must not stir at all after the mixture is throughly mixed or you will start crystalization prematurely.

The difference is I use honey as the menstruum instead of butter.

I have never seen clear candy using butter, but it is relatively clear with honey.

The honey does change the hard crack candy to haaard taffy, which can seal patients mouths for awhile or pull dental work, if you bite down hard on it.
    Last edited by Graywolf; Jul-24-2010 at 10:04.

Good info. I have a ton of honey my neighbor gave me from his hobby hive. I may have to give this a try.

Another tip for making the lollipops or candy

You need to have the place to pour all the liquid completely ready ahead of time or it will harden before you can pour it.

You cannot reheat the final candy mixture or it will turn brown and taste funky.

amnbannert is offline Registered
    Cannibis Suckers are made with corn syrup, granulated sugar, and water. Here is my recipe for a 25 batch sucker recipe.
    2 cups of granulated sugar
    2/3 cup of light corn syrup (Karo)
    3/4 cup of water
    1 Dram of Candy Flavoring (Like Lorr Ann Candy Flavoring, its stronger than regular extract
    And Food Coloring
    Mix all of the ingredients together in a large saucepan and put on Medium Heat. Mix ingredients until combined and then leave it alone until it reaches 300 degrees F'. If you dont have a candy thermometer you can test the temperature by dropping a bead of the syrup into ice water and seeing if it is crunchy. If it is, then working very quickly, insert the Hash Oil (I use 3g's for this size batch) first. This is imperitive! If you put the flavoring in first and then use a flame to melt the oil into the mixture the alcohol vapors from the flavoring will flash flame and you can burn off your eyebrows and scare yourself to death. Ask me how I know? Make sure your Honey Oil is evenly distributed for a stable dosage and pour into pregreased (Pam) molds with the suckersticks allready in place. After pouring the suckers roll the sticks so they form a better hold on the sucker. Allow them to harden and then package them in clear cellophane candy bags and tie them with twisty ties.
    Warnings- If you live in a humid area there is a good chance your suckers will come out chewey especially with an electric stove.
    Electric stoves are NOT IDEAL. If you have a gas stove you will have the best results as far as crunch factor and clearness.
    Practice without using the oil first. When you have the recipe down THEN add the medicine. Why waste such valuable goods on something you might burn. Once again ask me how I know?

Hope this helps everyone! Let me know if you have any other questions on edibles or alternative ways of taking your medicine.

Thanks for the updates and warnings. I will keep these in mind.

I am wondering how your honey oil is processed. So far I have seen butane, co2, alcohol and steam for the extraction process.

I plan to invent a process to squeeze the oil out of the hash creating the only true honey oil. It is a shame to call oil processed by any other method honey oil.

I was at Organicann in Santa Rosa and they have honey oil but the bud tender could not say by which process it was created. I requested that they start providing that information so we will see what happens.

Anyway I like your recipe and will have to give it a try when I start making my own oil.

Toastyroadie is offline Registered+
    If I'm using hash, then I decarboxylate it in the oven and then use everclear to break it down further into an oil substance.

I then boil off some of the everclear and add vegetable glygerine. Mixing everclear and vegetable glycerine is propylene glycol, same as the flavorings from loran.

This should result in clear candy and work better than butter, it works great for me.

Get a candy thermometer, you must reach the hard tack temperature for it to be clear and break like glass using care not to over heat.

markrj is offline Registered
    Thanks for the updates and warnings. I will keep these in mind.

I am wondering how your honey oil is processed. So far I have seen butane, co2, alcohol and steam for the extraction process.

I plan to invent a process to squeeze the oil out of the hash creating the only true honey oil. It is a shame to call oil processed by any other method honey oil.

I was at Organicann in Santa Rosa and they have honey oil but the bud tender could not say by which process it was created. I requested that they start providing that information so we will see what happens.

Anyway I like your recipe and will have to give it a try when I start making my own oil.
    Stay away from Organicann they don't respect their customers. If you don't like what they sell you they will throw you out.

I usually only go to Organicann just for clones which have been quite good and they usually have a huge selection. They are really like Nazi's with the rules especially the parking lot. No one under 18 can be in the car in the parking lot, No cell phones, No pictures, No getting out of the car in the parking lot to stretch your legs. I had some folks drop me off so they could go to the gas station and not have to abide by all the parking lot rules. When they came to pick me up I was told by the security that if I ever did that again I would not be allowed to come back. WTF. Anyway I put up with the rules just because of the outstanding clone selection.

I am sure the next time I go there they will still not know how their honey oil was processed.

Anyway I made a 7 lb batch of butter and plan to make some bomber candy.

growvalencia is offline Registered
    Thanks for recipes, i want taste this

Bigbud911 is offline Registered+

Talking Glycerin tincture for lollypops?

Couldn't you use glycerin tincture in lollypop recipe since glycerin is sweet? Does anyone have recipe for lollypops with glycerin tincture?

I am not really familiar personally with the glycerene tincture. From some threads at this site it seems most of the ones you buy at a dispensary are pretty weak. I will not be spending any of my money on this any time soon to see if it is really as weak as people say. I make killer cannabutter and my medibles are 10 - 24 times stronger than the ones you can purchase at any of the dispensaries even their so called 4X products. Just 2 ml of the alchohol tincture my friend made will make your tounge numb and get you totally stoned within 3-5 minutes.

I see someone had a recipe for making glycerene hash oil. They mentioned "decarboxylate it in the oven and then use everclear to break it down further into an oil substance". I am not sure what this means. Can you give a little glycerene oil for dummies explanation.

donnachris is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by johard59 View Post
    here is my recipe also.. check this out..

3 Tbs cannabutter
    3 Tbs Flour
    1/2 Ts salt
    1 1/2 cups Milk
    1 cup of any kid of grated chesse but not processed

Melt the cannabutter and remove from heat,stir in flour and salt. Add the milk graduly and stir until well mixed. Cook it over low heat until its thickened or it start bubling and rember to stir it until it bubbkles. Cook for 5 minutes add cheese and stir until smooth and blended.

This is amazing over any pasta and vegtables.

the high is a 9/10 hahah
    this is a thread about lollipops and you put a post in here about cheese sauce. does that make sense???

This does sound good. I am not allowed (wifey) to put any cannabutter in any regular meals. I made cannaoil and it has not been used for 2 years. I may make that cheese someday when the attitude is right. In the mean time I still have 5 kinds of cookies, candies, lemon bars and mini pies to consume whenever I want.

donnachris is offline Registered+
    i could imagine hubby telling me that i couldnt put cannabutter in all my food. once we start growing, everything will have some sort of THC in it. yummy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast