Thread: Canna-Oil - Enough for 10+ Pans of Brownies

jamstigator is offline Registered+

Canna-Oil - Enough for 10+ Pans of Brownies

Because my canna-oil making experiment worked so well, I'm going to provide the recipe I ended up working with here. This is for those who like the strong, long-lasting high that cooked cannabis gives, and who don't want to invest time into making oil every time they want a pan of brownies, people who know they ARE going to want to make many pans of brownies (or anything else you can cook with canna-oil).

First, a warning: this will reek, you will smell it all over your house. Don't try this if you're having half a dozen cop friends over for dinner or anything. Heh.

Ingredients:
    2.5 ounces of buds. Use the best you can.
    One 48 fluid ounce bottle of canola oil or olive oil.
    One crockpot with a 'low' setting
    Some finely woven cloth (cheesecloth, an old shirt, whatever)

Directions:
    * Put buds in crockpot
    * Pour oil over buds
    * Turn crockpot to 'low' and cook for 6-12 hours, stirring frequently
    * Turn off crockpot and let cool for 30 minutes
    * Place finely woven cloth over mouth of glass jar
    * Pour oil/bud mixture over cloth, straining out plant matter, so only oil enters jar
    * Squeeze as much oil out of cloth as you can, then discard plant matter

You should now have at least 5 cups of amber-tinted cannabis-infused oil, as much as 6 cups if you're diligent about squeezing out the oil. I got 5.5 cups personally, which is enough for 11 family-sized pans of brownies.

Look for brownie mixes that take half a cup of oil and make those. The ones with nuts are great. Cut the brownies, when done cooking, into 16 squares. Try one test brownie. One will probably not be enough for you, but start there anyway, at least with the first pan, to get a feel for how potent one brownie is. Then work your way up until you get the high and duration you desire. Be patient, as it can take anywhere from 45 minutes to a couple of hours to feel the effects kick in.

Store your remaining oil in the refrigerator, and keep away from light as much as possible. Unlit mini-fridges are great for this, or just store the oil in an opaque container.

Enjoy!

*burp*
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

Edit: that's 2.5 ounces of DRIED buds.
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

royalHIGHness is offline Registered+
    will middies be good enough?

Sure, you can use middies. At the end, it may take an extra brownie to get you as stoned as you would have gotten if you'd used something higher grade, that'd be the only difference.

phoenix is offline Registered+
    Do these need to be chopped up finely? Or just throw them in the crockpot as is?
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

I didn't chop them up, personally, but I used mini-buds, which were kinda smallish anyway. If I used real (large) buds, I'd probably cut them up into inch-sized pieces at least. But I doubt it really matters much if you stir them up reasonably frequently. And don't be too gentle, since in this case you WANT to knock all the trichomes and stuff loose into the oil. Stir vigorously.

potheadjames is offline Registered+
    This is some good stuff. I made a batch the other day out of some mexican schwagg. I have made browinies and oatmeat cookies with this oil and the high I get from two cookies is way better than smoking two or three bowls from my pipe.

stonarr is offline Registered
    mush the buds up in the oil.... it always helps with mine

Yeah, when they're cooking, I squoosh them around every time I stir them up. I've been having a painful medical problem the last week, and I gotta say, without these brownies I don't think I could've made it through the last week, they really help that much. I'm clinging to these babies until the doctor can see me.

BurnTheHerb is offline Registered

smoke cooked weed?

no u cant smoked cooked weed becaus eit doesnt burn and if it does it tastes terrible

Magic Haze is offline Registered+
    theres hardlyany THC left in the bud after cookin with it, best advice would be throw it out its not worth the hassle

EmoRebellion is offline Registered+
    Wouldnt it be better to grind up the bud?
    28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds... that is when the world will end

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    the amount of herb you go through isn't nearly so important as the overall richness of your existence.

invision is offline Registered+
    grind up your bud or even make it like powder and you will see a huge diffrence in the high trust me, the more finely you chop it the better it will extract.

ZeldaG. is offline Registered+
    but cant i chuck the left over buds in the mix would it give it a weed flavour??

Ganja Dude is offline Registered+
    I'm definately going to test this out once my grow is complete.

Everyday Struggle is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeldaG. View Post
    but cant i chuck the left over buds in the mix would it give it a weed flavour??
    What i hear is when my friend made some without straining it and he said they were disgusting.
    The oil makes them taste wonderful
    DEFINITELY strain it
    Watch the little things; a small leak will sink a great ship. - Benjamin Franklin

CheeseOnToast is offline Registered+
    Grind the bud, then freeze it, and THEN do this recipie (stir the fuck out of it all when you first put the oil in

mjbennett06 is offline Registered+
    How much oil will it take if you only have quarter oz., and how many pans willthat make
    Disclaimer: Anything I say in this forum is completely fictional. I only act like I grow weed because it makes my friends think that i'm cool.

MVP
    MVP is offline Registered+
    MJ, check out this post for a 1/4 recipe >>>> click here. It's very similar and makes one kickass batch of brownies as long as the herb is good quality.

Jamstigator, great recipe. I recommend grinding up the herb in a coffee grinder for maximum absorbtion of the psychoactive elements into the oil.

bogoljub777 is offline Registered+

yes, back from the ban

that ban wack. it wasnt like i was off topic for many posts, it was like 2 or 3.

that was silly. who is doing it?

what a rude thing to do. quite rude.

but as for the cooking thing........ a quarter o will make a good batch of 1 pan of brownies. use the appropriate amount of oil called for in the recipe.

as for smoking the used bud, or not straining it, strain it! if you dont want to strain the bud, you can eat bud whole. here is how you do it.

take like a gram or 2 if its bad bud, chop it up, mix it with olive oil, then place the weed with olive oil in a pan on the stove. cook until it turns brown.

dont use too much oil. the oil should not pool under the weed while it cooks in the pan. lightly coated with olive oil.

then ball it up, swallow with water like a pill. you will get high for like 4 hours or 6 hours.