Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

BobBong is offline Registered+

Exclamation Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by the_yeag
    nice... that would have to be the most complete recipe i have seen and definetly in laymans terms......now after you boil it and i;ts time to simmer for 12-24 hours would it be fine to put in a slow cooker instead of leaving stove on.
    Well, first i wanna say sorry because apparently i can't merge or juggle threads properly today.. (just spent 5 minutes being a dink)
    i'm curious what you would mean by a slow cooker.. a crock-pot kind of thing? ... It is possible, i will check and let you know.

I made this 2nd thread to discuss the recipe rather than clutter up the recipe with questions.

Any comments, suggestions or questions about the CannaButter recipe are more than welcome

Bob.
    Last edited by BobBong; Sep-28-2006 at 15:53.
    Aliens likes this.
    As we live...a life of ease. Everyone of us...has all we need. Sky of Blue...and Sea of Green. In our Yellow Submarine.
    Bob's CannabisButter Recipe!
    Everything in Moderation...

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Quote Originally Posted by someoneimadeup.
    Hey Bob! what about making smaller batches? i don't wanna use an ounce man!!!

Well... you can easily cut recipe quantities in half.. however,doing this does effect how much butter you'll get out of the batch.

Using an ounce of cannabis and 1lb of butter we get approx. 350g's of butter more or less. That's not a lot of butter and if you cook and bake you'll know it's not easy to do it in considerably smaller quantities than what the recipe calls for. It is ideal to make it according to the recipe..and if you wish to have it a bit stronger.. than add more Cannabis.

The idea here is to make a batch of it that you can save and use when you feel like it.. whether it's over the course of a week or 3 months.It WILL be worth your time,money and effort. This much i can assure you. I personally haven't made this yet but i plan to begin it tomorrow and make a video of the key parts..it is a club certified recipe so i don't doubt the quality of the recipe.
    Any kind of cook reports would be greatly welcome.. if you make this, let us know how you do

Cheers and happy cooking,Bob.
    Last edited by BobBong; Sep-28-2006 at 16:33.
    As we live...a life of ease. Everyone of us...has all we need. Sky of Blue...and Sea of Green. In our Yellow Submarine.

shoi is offline Registered+
    i dunno if it fits in here best but....

wen u are making say brownies can u just use the box stuff? or do u have to make them from scratch? and if u use the box stuff wat do substitute hte canna butter for?
    Quote Originally Posted by graph View Post
    It's hard to convince us that weed's the problem when all of us here know it's not. At one time I think we all used to be like you, we believed the government at face value and accepted the fact that because it's illegal, it must be immoral, too. Then we all grew up a little bit and realized our own experiences should shape the path of our lives, not what someone else tells us to think

the yeag is offline Banned
    EH...bob the slow-cooker crock pot thing works good, and is safer and wastes less energy....so thats good EH

jamstigator is offline Registered+
    I always use a crockpot to make canna-oil, set on low, for 7-12 hours. Never tried it with butter though. Me and the woman are happy with brownies, canola is cheaper than butter, and that's what the brownie recipes ask for, sooo...I use oil. Butter is probably more flexible though, for baking a variety of things. If you think an ounce is a lot, you wouldn't even wanna see how much I use to make 48 fluid ounces of oil, which is good for 11 pans of brownies. Lasts for months though.
    "Before you consider one an enemy, first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if he *is* an enemy, you're a mile ahead, and you have his shoes."

roadcam Guest
    I never thought of using my crockpot ... good idea ...

Quote Originally Posted by jamstigator View Post
    I always use a crockpot to make canna-oil, set on low, for 7-12 hours. Never tried it with butter though. Me and the woman are happy with brownies, canola is cheaper than butter, and that's what the brownie recipes ask for, sooo...I use oil. Butter is probably more flexible though, for baking a variety of things. If you think an ounce is a lot, you wouldn't even wanna see how much I use to make 48 fluid ounces of oil, which is good for 11 pans of brownies. Lasts for months though.
    Yea, the recipe is for butter.. oil is a similar process but does not need to be done nearly as long.

Pezzo is offline Registered+
    what temps it gotta be on to simmer? same question to simmer milk. thx guys

Lethal G is offline Registered+
    Hey Bob.

I just thought I would say that I tried your cannabis butter recipe yesterday (I followed it very well) and it turned out to be a great success. The cookies I made with it are very potent. The butter I've tried to make in the past was NEVER this good. Thanks bunches for the recipe dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenn
    WHO THE FUCK IS CUCK NORRIS???
    Quote Originally Posted by hempilation311
    the guy who's gonna roundhouse kick you in a few seconds for spelling his name wrong
    Fav. Rap Quote of the week:
    "Pumpin' out albums like Reverend Run is pumpin out children, here's another one
    So catch me on more 24's than Kiefer Sutherland
    I'm bound to be the greatest, I'm determined to win
    Until then I can't get no (satisfaction)!"
    -Ludacris, Ultimate Satisfaction

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal G View Post
    Hey Bob.

I just thought I would say that I tried your cannabis butter recipe yesterday (I followed it very well) and it turned out to be a great success. The cookies I made with it are very potent. The butter I've tried to make in the past was NEVER this good. Thanks bunches for the recipe dude!
    Our first testimonial! I love it. I'm glad it worked out well for you man
    I've yet to make the recipe but i am pretty much ready to now (i've saved enough um...material.. to add )

Very glad to hear.. did you follow the recipe very closely?
    If so, i'm very very happy to hear.

Bob

So rather than do a video just yet.. I've made a batch and taken pictures of what i did..

Check em out in the gallery!

jazzboy_32 is offline Registered

where'd the butter go?

I'm having a little difficulty here in making my tasty canni-butter. I recently took my trim and ran it through a food processor to grind it into a super-fine flour like Bob's recipe recomends. However, when I try and follow the ratio for butter to trim (about 1oz trim to 1lb butter), I'm finding that my fine-ground leaf matter seems to soak up ALL the available liquid, making me have to dump far more butter and water into the mess to give me a little moisture to simmer. When I drain, filter and press the stuff , I'm finding that the best I can get is about 1/4 cup green butter rendered from nearly 2lb fresh butter placed in the boiling pot!
    Is this right? Is anyone else having problems with their leaf soaking up all the goodies and giving back very little or have I ground it too fine for cooking. It seems that I should get back more butter for all that I dump in in the first place.
    PS I have the same problem when I do tincture: 2 quart bottles of Bacardi 151 to 1oz of ground trim to get 3/4 cup of Green Dragon. Danm! thats alot of 151 to dump in to start!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzboy_32 View Post
    I'm having a little difficulty here in making my tasty canni-butter. I recently took my trim and ran it through a food processor to grind it into a super-fine flour like Bob's recipe recomends. However, when I try and follow the ratio for butter to trim (about 1oz trim to 1lb butter), I'm finding that my fine-ground leaf matter seems to soak up ALL the available liquid, making me have to dump far more butter and water into the mess to give me a little moisture to simmer. When I drain, filter and press the stuff , I'm finding that the best I can get is about 1/4 cup green butter rendered from nearly 2lb fresh butter placed in the boiling pot!
    Is this right? Is anyone else having problems with their leaf soaking up all the goodies and giving back very little or have I ground it too fine for cooking. It seems that I should get back more butter for all that I dump in in the first place.
    PS I have the same problem when I do tincture: 2 quart bottles of Bacardi 151 to 1oz of ground trim to get 3/4 cup of Green Dragon. Danm! thats alot of 151 to dump in to start!
    Sorry for the late reply.

It sounds like your temps are to high. The butter should be kept below a hard boil..more a light simmer than a boil.
    If you're having problems with water content, are you covering the pot?

The alcohol would evaporate considerably faster than water, so i'm not sure what the problem with the green dragon would be.

DeepFriedBrain is offline Registered+
    You can get all the THC into your butter within an hour.
    Use 1oz of trim to 1oz of butter(clarified ghee)
    Drop your ghee and trim into a crock pot with enough water to just cover the leaves.
    heat over a charcoal fire for one hour while stirring.
    add water as nessesary to stop it drying out.
    After one hour
    pour the mix into a pot lined with a cheese cloth.
    Lift and twist the cloth to remove all the water and butter. Use a couple of wooden spoons to help wring all the moisture out and wear heavy duty rubber gloves as this shit is hot.
    Let the contents of the bowl cool.
    The butter will set hard on top of the water, remove butter and throw thwater away.

DO NOT DRINK THIS WATER, IT IS TOXIC AND WILL GIVE YOU A BAD BELLY.

Take your butter, squeeze and rinse it under flowing cold water until some of the green has lightened.

You now have potent canna butter that will enhance any recipe.

joetwitch is offline Registered
    i jus put butter in a micro wave dish then put that in another micro wave dish full of water and sort double boil it that or i use a double boiler

Non
    Non is offline Registered+
    so a quarter of an ounce for 1 stick of butter. I'm going to try this out. I don't know what setting I need my stove for.

Non
    I'll figure it out tho. Is 22-24 hours necessary? can it just be 7-12?

Non
    also how do you use it on toast, would I have to toast the bread first then spread the butter, and how much would I have to use... and also was wondering if the bud strained from the butter is still useable to be eaten..

jrs212 is offline Registered+
    Hi everyone. I made my first batch of butter last week. I took 1 oz. of great weed, into 1 lb of butter. I had a pot of water on the stove, brought it to a rolling boil. Dropped weed in. Brought temp down to simmer. simmered for 2 hours, dropped in lb of butter simmer 2 more hours. Stirring frequently thru all this. After simmer strain and refidgerate. Was a complete success.

grwsmith is offline Registered

Should I use dried cannabis plant material or is it better to use fresh?

Hello,
    I am a little confused about the amount of cannabis to use. I have made my first batch of CannaButter following BobBong’s recipe. I used just over 1oz/38gof fresh green leaf and stork. I then looked at Bob’s CannaButter photo shoot and saw the size of the bowl with ground cannabis in it and (unless the bowl is thimble size) is a whole lot more than 1oz or Bob’s cooking a ton of butter!!

Questions:
    Should I use dried cannabis plant material?
    Is it better to use fresh?
    Remembering that I am using this for pain control, am I still using too little plant material?
    Is it OK to use the stork?

Notes:
    I have managed to replace a 5,000mg a day Paracetamol habit with 30g of CannaButter. I am hoping to come off my Diclofenac next.

The X Man is offline Registered+
    Don't get hung up on specifics.... dump a pile of leaf and stock (with a few buds) into a pound or two of butter, add some water to keep the greens covered and stick in a slow cooker for a few hours.....(I'd say 6 minimum and 22 max) Strain it and squeeze the hell out of the cloth (clean dish drying cloth works in a pinch).... it all works.
    And Jazzboy... don't use 2 quarts of 151 for green dragon, try 2 ounces with one oz weed. You only need a few drops to do what several shots of yours would do. If you want to make some totally knock down peanut butter cookies add some green dragon into the cannabutter once it's melted.....Couch locked for 20 hours.....
    Last edited by The X Man; Apr-06-2007 at 14:14.

Tokudai is offline Registered+
    Well, here we go - 1st shot at Cannabutter. Tks for the recipe bobbong, can't wait to try it!

Unfortunately I don't have a coffee grinder, so I just busted it up as finely as I could by hand, to get most of the stems and break up the budlets, and then ran my Braun hand mixer through it for a few minutes..I used about 40 grams of sugar trim/popcorn buds, 5 sticks of butter and 2 1/2 cups of water - keeping the same approximate proportions methinks I should be ok, and I upped the bud quantity for better performance and to make up for the non grinding factor..

20ish hours to go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.-budda.jpg  
    We CAN stamp out Glaucoma in our lifetime

I musta missed the part that mentioned the smell - P-U! Glad I live alone!

All done - it looks like the pics I've seen, so I think I did it right - we'll find out soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.-buttah.jpg  

Mission - Creamy Broccoli Tuna Helper
    Substitute - 4TBS cannabutter for 4TBS butter, garnish with little budlet sprig
    Result - WOW!

I could taste there was SOMETHING different, but I don't think I could have picked it out. The broccoli flavoring really covered up any weed like tastes, and added/masked the color. Ate about 1/2 a package (1 big bowl - pkg serves 5 HAH!) at 8:15 last night and was soaring by 10:30. Totally spaced out, watching tv, realizing I haven't hit the bong in hours was amazing. Just a puddle in the couch all night, super couchlocked. Went to lie down at midnight and played Nintendo DS for a few hours, still majorly buzzed when I decided to goto sleep at ~ 3ish..Sleep came real easy. Too easy..... I promptly woke up at noon - WAY overslept.

Huge success - this stuff works great! Thanks again for the recipe Bobbong!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast