Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I put a clone outside and it started flowering. I need some help. Anyone?

CottonMouthKUSH is offline Registered

Exclamation I put a clone outside and it started flowering. I need some help. Anyone?

So I got a sweet clone of Sour D from a good friend of mine who grows. When I got the clone it was already about 2 ft tall. I put it outside in early April.(Which I later found out was 2 early) Its been outside for about 3 1/2 weeks and its flowering. I have it on a balcony with a light, so ive been trying 2 turn on the light when the sun goes down to try and get it back into veg. Will this work? Its not a light for growing just a cieling kind of light.

Someone please help.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

mohjong is offline Registered+
    Doesn't seems to work for me. I first put them under a flood light after sunset. Then I even built a grow box and put them under 20/4 over 2 weeks and no progress as far as growing any new leaves.

Those clones average 5 inches, but I just tried some DJ blueberry and it's potent. I also currently have a Master Kush ultra flowing at around 3 inches. So April or even May is not the right time for clones.

nugrowr is offline Registered+
    i got some out right now and the same thing is goin on BUT if you just leave it be it will kick out and veg soon
    I ROLL THE BEST BLUNT!!!

OK Thanks

So if I just leave it be without giving it light after sunset it will go back into veg? What is the right time to put clones outside? Anyone?

whenwethc is offline Registered+
    yes late april early may best time
    'That Was Easy'

irydyum is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonMouthKUSH View Post
    What is the right time to put clones outside? Anyone?
    Depends on how big you want your ladies to get before they finish. Do a little research on the strain you have if you can, sometimes breeders can give you an idea of finish time and you can work backwards off that. Assuming that the breeder can give you a valid flowering time. So if it finishes late october, and flowers for 9 weeks, it should start flowering around mid August. So, if you put a plant outside in April, and allow it to veg for 4 months of summer sun, be ready for some monsters by late October.

I'm sure you could get away with a solid month of veg (if it's clones, 2 months for a seedling) and get a sizeable little yeild outdoors. So theoretically, you could go outside as late as the end of June and still achieve a mature crop.

All the dates are hypothetical for explanation sake, so I hope the principle comes across. It's up to you when they go out, keep in mind 6 months of worrying about critters and varmints and bugs is a long time. Less time outside, less exposure Not to mention theives.

I'm gonna go blaze
    ----------------------
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Current Grow here: Irydyum's Kush Grow
    Past Grows:
    White Widow
    Mango/GreenCrack
    Greenhouse Mixed Indicas

OK. New question guys.

So I have now stoped giving the clone light after sunset. Its May 8th and should now be enough light to put it back into veg state. The clone has been showing flowering for about 3 to 4 weeks! So my question is how long will it take till I can see that it is reverting back to veg? And what are the signs. Any help would be great. Thnks

Some Pics of my babby

Let me know what you guys think
    Attached Images Attached Images

pistolsmokin is offline Registered

early flowering

man im having the same prob. mine dint even get half the size of urs before the stoped growing and started budding i dont see them going back into veg. maby im just worried i have 4 strains heavy duity frity og kush purple kush and cheese, thed cheese is the only oned not showing flowering the others have acual buds on them, and the purp started first i wonder if i should just start feeding them blooming ferts or keep the same scedule. or maby its possible to harvest 1 plant twice a year? just like uhr pokst ive got verry little help have posted on 3 dif. sites till i stumbled acrost ur posting so i sighned up on hear hope we find the awnser soon ......................

tinytoon is offline Registered+
    Blame it on the weather. Seems like weather all over is going nuts this year. Major earthquakes, flash floods from rain, Tornados and hurricane season starting late. Hell today is Mother's Day and at 530 this morning I had snow on the ground, just a trace but it was snow. I know not everyone has the room but if you do and tired of dealing with weather bout only choice is move inside.
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only. ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or "found" on the web.

cannont10 is offline Registered
    well if your plant was on light for 24 hours a day and then you put it outside an tricked the plant because you changed the time it was getting light. id say if its not too big put it back inside under a light for 18 hours for about 1 week the following week switch to 16 hours then put it back outside she should end up pretty nice.

Moved her inside.

Will this set up work? Have 3 floresent lights on her. Gonna try giving her 18 hours of light for 1 week and then 16 for a week. ? Or do you think I should just leave her outside and let nature do its thing. Anybody?

dirtybuds is offline Registered

premature flowering

yo yo cottonmouth and others,
    this year I wanted my plants super big so I put out clones in early April also, as all of you have noticed they began flowering. my clones I put out between 6inches and 12inches.. Now im in the central Valley of Cali, and have noticed in the last couple days it seems the flowers are dying off. to me this is a good sign that the are turning back to vegetative growth. Also the plants seem to be growing taller as oppose to flowering. These are the two signs I have noticed of reverting, now the question for me is, like other members of the flowering plant familys should I debud the current flowers to promote new growth or should we just let the flowers die off as I assume they will.

observation is the key to understanding.
    dirty

from ASK ED

Marijuana plants respond in a predictable manner to changes in the lighting regimen. Given 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness each day, the plants change from vegetative growth to flowering. Inversely, plants which have been under the flowering regimen of 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness each evening, can be forced back into vegetative cycle using continuous lighting.

To force plants from flowering to vegetative growth, cycled light is replaced by continuous lighting. When the ripe buds are pruned from the plant, some vegetation, the lower portion of the bud, is saved. New growth will emerge from this vegetation within a few weeks of forcing.

The plants can be any size, but they must retain some leaf matter to regenerate.
    end of ED

this is dirty now,
    so if the sun in the sky is increasing are plants will turn back to veg.

Green Love is offline Registered+
    Thats a big bush.
    Last edited by Green Love; May-10-2010 at 04:47.
    "Today, maybe a good day, but tomorrow might be a better day."

"You know your happy when you pitch a tent in the morning."

cannont10 is offline Registered
    Yea bro that will work fine. your plants lookin pretty good.

FLOWERING IN APRIL

WELL I JUST TOOK ALL THE FLOWERS OFF OF ONE PLANT TO SEE HOWE IT GO'S BEFOR HACKING ALL OF THEM AND KILLING THEM HOPE ALL GO'S WELL

removing flowers

I have read on a few posts that if you prune off the top of the buds that you are going to be pruning off the most potent part of the plant and the plant will never reach that potential again.

I am just letting the flowers gradually die off and naturally turn back to veg. so far so good will post some pics tomorrow.

patience is a virtue, trust in the son.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybuds View Post
    I have read on a few posts that if you prune off the top of the buds that you are going to be pruning off the most potent part of the plant and the plant will never reach that potential again.

I am just letting the flowers gradually die off and naturally turn back to veg. so far so good will post some pics tomorrow.

patience is a virtue, trust in the son.
    HOW CAN U TELL THAY ARE DYING OFF? MINE SEAM TO BE STAYING THE SAME NO GROWTH BUT STILL VERRY HEALTHY! ITS CRAP I HAVE A LOT OF MONEY INTO MY GRO AND THE WEATHER IS F-ING THEM OFF

oldhaole is offline Banned
    Will this set up work? Have 3 floresent lights on her. Gonna try giving her 18 hours of light for 1 week and then 16 for a week. ? Or do you think I should just leave her outside and let nature do its thing. Anybody?

How many hours of light does she get outside? If you get more than 12 she can go out. You are going to have fun with her because she is going to be BIG. Is she going in dirt or pots?

to pistol

the branches will start to grow longer also the hairs on the buds will retract, or die off, as oppose to reaching to the sun. these are the two signs I have noticed.

note to self, next season wait for the end of May to put clones outside.
    dirty

my girls this season
    put out in early april.

Nutrients?

Just got the nutes for my babby. I went with Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil, which she has been in for about a month now. The Fox Farm line is all organic natural fertilizer as opposed to synthetic ferts. So I have a question, I am starting to notice the smaller leafs beging to bet bigger. This a sign of reverting back to veg? Its been under 18/6 hour light time for 3 days. So my main question is can I and should I start giving it the veg nutes now? I think it needs some food, What u guys think?

And for the guy who asked if its going in a pot or the ground. Its in a 10 gallon pot and im just gonna leave it in there. + Nice pics dirtybuds!

irydyum is offline Registered+
    The Fox Farm line is all organic natural fertilizer as opposed to synthetic ferts.
    From Foxfarm:

Our Products: Organic or Synthetic?

Our Peace of Mind® and Happy Frog® fertilizers are 100% organic. Our Big Bloom™ Liquid Fertilizer and all of our soils are also organic. We do offer some fertilizers with mineral-based, time-release ingredients that are not classified as organic. These include American Pride® and Marine Cuisine® fertilizers, Tiger Bloom® and Grow Big® liquids, and our soluble products like Cha Ching®, Beastie Bloomz®, and Open Sesame®.

Don't be mislead by reputations, i'm not sure where everyone is getting "Organic & Foxfarm". If you are using anything but the soil and bigbloom, you can be sure it's NOT organic.
    ----------------------
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Current Grow here: Irydyum's Kush Grow
    Past Grows:
    White Widow
    Mango/GreenCrack
    Greenhouse Mixed Indicas

good line of nutes.

Just got the nutes for my babby. I went with Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil, which she has been in for about a month now. The Fox Farm line is all organic natural fertilizer as opposed to synthetic ferts. So I have a question, I am starting to notice the smaller leafs beging to bet bigger. This a sign of reverting back to veg? Its been under 18/6 hour light time for 3 days. So my main question is can I and should I start giving it the veg nutes now? I think it needs some food, What u guys think?

And for the guy who asked if its going in a pot or the ground. Its in a 10 gallon pot and im just gonna leave it in there. + Nice pics dirtybuds!
    sounds like your plants are turning back. yes give them veg nutes. I have noticed with FoxFarm the three you have, its also good to get some CalMag+ and start off using 1/2 of what the bottle recommends per gallon(all nutrients). ofcourse that was doing indoor with clean medium as oppose to soil. thanks for the kudos on the ladys yours look nice too, the lighting outdoors is good enough for veg now so if you want them outside you can. mine have been out the whole time and are turning back just fine....currently using FloraNova in my indoor this crop. if your going to use the foxfarm look into getting the OpenSesame, BeastieBlooms, and ChaChing for optimum yield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast