• 1 Post By nugssgalore
  • 1 Post By RLSteve
  • 1 Post By trueprogress
  • 1 Post By mrsffdbob
  • 1 Post By Max Blast
  • 1 Post By Max Blast
  • 1 Post By Auto bang
  • 1 Post By Haxie

Thread: Will dispensaries buy from ANYBODY?

RLSteve is offline Registered

Will dispensaries buy from ANYBODY?

That is... anybody with a patient card as well as a non-profit organization for growing marijuana? Or do dispensaries only buy from certain growers?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Iceberg420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSteve View Post
    That is... anybody with a patient card as well as a non-profit organization for growing marijuana? Or do dispensaries only buy from certain growers?
    CA dispensaries buys from patients i think maybe... as for everywhere else its diff its either coming from

1.) the people
    2.) a factory specialized in growing cannabis

Well, I thought you had to be a patient in order to grow marijuana legally?

So, I'm a patient, but don't I also have to start a non-profit organization to grow and sell marijuana to dispensaries?

Iceberg420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSteve View Post
    Well, I thought you had to be a patient in order to grow marijuana legally?

So, I'm a patient, but don't I also have to start a non-profit organization to grow and sell marijuana to dispensaries?
    Hmmm, you live in cali??? their laws are constantly changing when mmj was first legalized thats what they did but they might have changed it... sorry if i cant help but i live on the east coast...ish... I'm sure someone will pop in w/ an answer very soon tho man and they'll know for sure, whereas i can only guess... your best bet would be google and this for finding out i'd suppose

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    There is no such thing as legally selling to dispensaries. They will buy from anyone that has a good product and that they trust. It usually pays to have someone vouch for you.
    painretreat likes this.

nugssgalore is offline Registered+
    In So Cal in order to sell, you must be a legal MMJ patient not only with doctors papers but you have to be registered with the state and then file for a nonprofit business license. When I got my doctors papers I did not want to be registered with the state in a public record so I opted out of that.
    painretreat likes this.

nugssgalore is offline Registered+
    That's to sell "legally" to dispensaries, of course.
    painretreat likes this.

So, I know that when I form my non-profit organization, I want to name it something that is inconspicuous.

But... when I put down the primary purpose of my non-profit, do I say that I'm growing medical marijuana? Or should I list an inconspicuous purpose?
    painretreat likes this.

trueprogress is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by nugssgalore View Post
    In So Cal in order to sell, you must be a legal MMJ patient not only with doctors papers but you have to be registered with the state and then file for a nonprofit business license. When I got my doctors papers I did not want to be registered with the state in a public record so I opted out of that.
    California Prop 215 patients are able to turn their excess meds over to collectives and co-ops who will then help facilitate transactions between its members so that you may be compensated for the costs you incurred in producing the meds. In other words, as long as you are a state medical card holder and a member of the collective you are dealing with, they are able to accept your overages and reimburse you for them. That said, forums are no substitute for good legal advice from someone who is an expert in this particular field of law within the area that you will be operating in. Expect to pay $250-$300/hour for that type of legal assistance.

Best of luck.
    painretreat likes this.

mrsffdbob is offline Registered
    Do not, I repeat...Do not give your medicine as a consignment!!!!
    -Bob
    painretreat likes this.

Max Blast is offline Registered+

Exclamation

It is unlawful to either "buy or sell" marijuana in the state of California.

Read the law yourself and you will see that anyone who says it is legal to "buy" or "sell" in California is not actually reading the law.

"Compensated" or "reimbursed" does not mean "buy" or "sell" or otherwise "profit" from sales of marijuana.

Anyone who tells you otherwise has not read the law or is simply not equipped to understand what they read.

Sorry if I am being too blunt here but it really irks me to see so much mis-information on this subject. Most responders to this subject are just parroting the misinformation they have heard elsewhere.
    painretreat likes this.

NaturalScience is offline Registered+
    Donations... like medical art. lol Anyone ever get free sh*t at a dispensary? NO. Are dispensaries required to give their sh*t away!? If so, at what percentage, and where is my FREE SHIT!

Max Blast is offline Registered+
    Nugss, I must have missed something in the dozens of times I have read the law word for word. If it is not too much trouble can you please direct me to the specific language in the law that says "sales" of any type are allowed? Can you also point me to the specific language that says one must register with the state and file for a non-profit business license. I am referring to the actual laws (215 and 420) not the Attourney General's guidline which are not law. California law.

Trueprog, can you point out the specific language in the law that states that you must be registered with the state. Not just that they would like you to but that you are legally required to do so.

regards,
    Max Blast
    Last edited by Max Blast; Feb-14-2011 at 18:55.
    painretreat likes this.
    Never argue with a fool: 1) People watching can not tell who is who 2) They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Auto bang is offline Registered
    Yeah I've never heard of having to have a license to buy or sell ones medication. As long as the dispensary meets all requirements. Max blast was right.
    painretreat likes this.

Haxie is offline Registered+
    Last edited by Haxie; Oct-29-2012 at 11:41.
    painretreat likes this.

painretreat is offline Registered+
    Neat article Haxie...
    Reads like an Elliot Ness style round-up. The Nixons..owned and operated all these collectives?
    Seems to me, the feds are targeting plenty of the collectives/disp/co-op's that have more than one storefront. for those really wanting to make a difference for patients. pr

Danbridge is offline Registered+
    I had to join a collective and supply only them with my meds. I am now a caregiver for another patient.

DeliveryChiefs420 is offline Registered
    We're looking for sum good indoor for our dispensary. Top top shelf only though, were located in Central California so there isn't much around here, mostly up north or down south.