Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: dinosaurs

  1. #1
    dankkeeper's Avatar
    dankkeeper is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-11-2007
    Posts
    58

    dinosaurs

    I didn't think anyone (even fundamentalists) thought that people lived during the same time period as dinosaurs. Apparently I was wrong.

    Museum guides tell visitors that before Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise all of the dinosaurs were peaceful plant-eaters.

    In Genesis 1:30 God gives ‘green herb’ to every creature to eat and so there were no predators. When a curious museum visitor asks, why exactly T. rex had six-inch long serrated teeth, the guides go on to explain that T. rex used his big teeth to open coconuts.
    - from T. rex ate coconuts | Scientific Blogging
    (too bad they had to take a shot at weed at the end of the article )
    So out of curiosity,do any of you guys believe that dinosaurs and humans lived together?
    Last edited by dankkeeper; May-06-2007 at 15:51.

  2. #2
    Samwhore is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun-04-2006
    Posts
    6,597
    No, they probally ate them.

  3. #3
    stinkyattic's Avatar
    stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Join Date
    Nov-15-2005
    Posts
    18,541
    Quote Originally Posted by dankkeeper View Post
    So out of curiosity,do any of you guys believe that dinosaurs and humans lived together?
    Yeah, Fred Flintstone and Dino...
    Other than that, no.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug-08-2006
    Posts
    1,833

    leave it to kentucky

    hmmm....
    a t-rex on noah's ark?
    that explains what happened to the unicorns!
    Last edited by delusionsofNORMALity; May-06-2007 at 22:20. Reason: mental aberation and lack of fine motor skills
    Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

  5. #5
    Weedhound's Avatar
    Weedhound is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun-27-2006
    Posts
    8,410
    Coconuts!! I love that. Dinosaurs opened the coconuts and brought them to Adam and Eve who then made cocunut cookies with them and fed all. Don't you people know anything??
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

    "Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

  6. #6
    Polymirize's Avatar
    Polymirize is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-24-2005
    Posts
    1,161
    If I'm ever in kentucky again... I'd totally have to wander through that place stoned. That would be such a blast.

    Visit kentucky, make fun of the ignorant... sounds like a summer vacation to me!
    If you claim to have never seen swag that's probably because you're smoking it.

  7. #7
    smoke it's Avatar
    smoke it is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-12-2006
    Posts
    1,443
    lol. dinosaurs are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kindprincess View Post
    enlightening hell, last time i saw a demon, i beat his ass and made him my bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samwhore View Post
    we fly high...
    no lie...
    you know its....

    JESUS!
    In the eyes of a ranger,
    The unsuspected stranger
    Had better know the truth of wrong from right,
    Cause the eyes of a ranger are upon you,
    Any wrong you do he's gonna see,
    When youre in Texas look behind you,
    Cause that's where the rangers are gonna be

  8. #8
    manof34holds is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Apr-19-2007
    Posts
    6
    As a Christian, I can safely say that Christians are crazy especially with this litteral interpretation of scripture bullshit. Most have no idea that Adam and Eve is considered a myth by the Jews. Even THEY don't believe it and it's THEIR story!

  9. #9
    PureEvil760's Avatar
    PureEvil760 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    May-08-2005
    Posts
    1,151
    well this would be the 3rd time im pointing this out. Atlantis was built in the water because of the dinosaurs, they were developing a virus to kill them but were destroyed before they could.
    http://www.myspace.com/pureevil760
    Mark my words, believe my soul lives on;
    Don't worry, now that I have gone;
    I've gone beyond to see the truth.
    So when you know that your time is close at hand;
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand;
    Life down there is just a strange illusion.

  10. #10
    Oneironaut's Avatar
    Oneironaut is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-02-2005
    Posts
    2,634
    No, dinosaurs and humans did not live together, obviously. Dinosaur remains are only found in rocks that can be radiometrically dated to >65 million years, and hominids are only found in rocks that can be radiometrically dated to the past couple million. I've yet to hear a creationist properly respond to that. They point out weird anomalies where the radiometric dating process has gone wrong, but they can't possibly explain the overwhelming convergence of the properly-done radiometric data (if radiometric dating didn't work at all, we would not see any kind of correlation between different fossils, but we do), nor can they explain the positions of the fossils in widely separated geological layers. One dinosaur skeleton in the Holocene, or one human fossil in the Mesozoic would be enough to blow our whole paleontological history to pieces, but it just doesn't happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by manof34holds View Post
    As a Christian, I can safely say that Christians are crazy especially with this litteral interpretation of scripture bullshit. Most have no idea that Adam and Eve is considered a myth by the Jews. Even THEY don't believe it and it's THEIR story!
    Not all Jews. Orthodox Jews still believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible.
    Last edited by Oneironaut; May-08-2007 at 12:01.

  11. #11
    40oz's Avatar
    40oz is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-13-2005
    Posts
    1,459
    It may appear that the T rex is gonna eat the other dinosaur but I can assure you he's just stealing it's coconuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dinosaurs-t-rex-eating.jpg  

    "If you have only two alternatives, then choose the third."




  12. #12
    Oneironaut's Avatar
    Oneironaut is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-02-2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Good thing he has those sharp claws so he won't drop the coconuts.

  13. #13
    PureEvil760's Avatar
    PureEvil760 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    May-08-2005
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    No, dinosaurs and humans did not live together, obviously. Dinosaur remains are only found in rocks that can be radiometrically dated to >65 million years, and hominids are only found in rocks that can be radiometrically dated to the past couple million. I've yet to hear a creationist properly respond to that. They point out weird anomalies where the radiometric dating process has gone wrong, but they can't possibly explain the overwhelming convergence of the properly-done radiometric data (if radiometric dating didn't work at all, we would not see any kind of correlation between different fossils, but we do), nor can they explain the positions of the fossils in widely separated geological layers. One dinosaur skeleton in the Holocene, or one human fossil in the Mesozoic would be enough to blow our whole paleontological history to pieces, but it just doesn't happen.




    Not all Jews. Orthodox Jews still believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible.
    do they do archiological digs at the bottom of the ocean?
    http://www.myspace.com/pureevil760
    Mark my words, believe my soul lives on;
    Don't worry, now that I have gone;
    I've gone beyond to see the truth.
    So when you know that your time is close at hand;
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand;
    Life down there is just a strange illusion.

  14. #14
    Oneironaut's Avatar
    Oneironaut is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-02-2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Umm, no, but what does that change? (By the way, I think you mean paleontological digs, not archaeological digs...there's a big difference) If you're going to make some claims about Atlantis and dinosaurs, you're going to have to show the geological evidence that Atlantis really existed, that it's possible within plate tectonic theory for a whole continent to catastrophically sink (the principle of isostasy renders this impossible), and the paleontological evidence that dinosaurs inhabited it. Until you can do that, I think it's safe to say that it's a crackpot hypothesis with no real scientific merit.
    Last edited by Oneironaut; May-08-2007 at 13:35.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug-08-2006
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
    It may appear that the T rex is gonna eat the other dinosaur but I can assure you he's just stealing it's coconuts.
    i took that photo and actually it was a rather rowdy disagreement over the ownership of a pineapple.
    Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

  16. #16
    dankkeeper's Avatar
    dankkeeper is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-11-2007
    Posts
    58
    I've yet to hear a creationist properly respond to that.
    The generic response is that God put the dinosaur fossils there to test our faith or some crap like that. Ahh...fundamentalism at its best. lol

  17. #17
    mrdevious's Avatar
    mrdevious is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec-31-2004
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by PureEvil760 View Post
    well this would be the 3rd time im pointing this out. Atlantis was built in the water because of the dinosaurs, they were developing a virus to kill them but were destroyed before they could.
    Do you EVER express an idea as a hypothesis or theory, not just a fact?
    "Nirvana is the extinction of self" - Buddha

  18. #18
    Oneironaut's Avatar
    Oneironaut is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-02-2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by PureEvil760 View Post
    do they do archiological digs at the bottom of the ocean?
    Actually, now that I've done a little searching, I've found out they are actually doing ocean palaeontology. And so far, it looks like they haven't found any Atlantean dinosaurs.

    Ocean Paleontology Bibliography

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug-08-2006
    Posts
    1,833

    Post didn't you get the memo

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdevious View Post
    Do you EVER express an idea as a hypothesis or theory, not just a fact?
    mankind is now capable of understanding everything instantaneously. we no longer have any need of experimentation, the very concept of theory is now obsolete. as soon as an idea is uttered it becomes fact, with at least 435 experts to verify its undeniable veracity.

    if you have any questions about this development just ask al gore.
    Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

  20. #20
    Nightcrewman's Avatar
    Nightcrewman is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    May-18-2005
    Posts
    749
    "As a Christian, I can safely say that Christians are crazy especially with this litteral interpretation of scripture bullshit. Most have no idea that Adam and Eve is considered a myth by the Jews. Even THEY don't believe it and it's THEIR story!"

    Adam and Eve---the bible says they were the first man and woman on earth yet it goes on to say that their sons buggered off and married some women from somwhere or other doesnt quite ring true somehow
    where exactly did the other women appear from as Adams family were supposedly the only humans it would appear that the bible is wrong from the very beginning and that suggests it is all a load of tosh !!

    On the subject of dinosaurs and humans at the same time just because scientists have not found proof they co-existed doesnt mean they didnt.

    Cheers
    NCM

  21. #21
    Oneironaut's Avatar
    Oneironaut is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-02-2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrewman View Post
    On the subject of dinosaurs and humans at the same time just because scientists have not found proof they co-existed doesnt mean they didnt.
    Actually, we have pretty solid proof that the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. At least as close to proof as you can get. Technically, we don't have any absolute 100% definitive proof that dinosaurs don't still exist in hiding on the far side of the moon, but it's still safe to say that there are no dinosaurs hiding on the far side of the moon, and the dinosaurs went extinct long before primates evolved into anything resembling humans.

    What more proof do you want? The palaeontological record is quite clear. You can't demand absolute 100% definitive proof of anything, because that is impossible for certain philosophical epistemological reasons, but 99.999999% proof is still good enough, isn't it?
    Last edited by Oneironaut; May-09-2007 at 00:04.

  22. #22
    Nightcrewman's Avatar
    Nightcrewman is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    May-18-2005
    Posts
    749
    Dinosuars and humans did live at the same time did no one watch the documentary 1 million years BC with Raquel Welch I rest my case and of course there are no dinosaurs on the moon dont be silly the moons made of cheese and inhabited by the Clangers and the Soup Dragon, and dinosuars hated cheese this has been proved as no traces od Cheddar has ever been found near dinosaur bones.
    Cheers NCM

  23. #23
    Turtlepik's Avatar
    Turtlepik is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-18-2007
    Posts
    98
    That's kind of like something in Brasseye.

    "The lion was only trying to catch up with the antelope to give it a potato."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •