Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMOKING AND WORKING OUT

Charkie02 is offline Registered+

SMOKING AND WORKING OUT

My baseball coach is a total dick. He's always trying to catch us drinking or smoking or doing something wrong. He's actually gotten spies to take pictures of people with beer cans in their hands and punished them for it. He's never caught me smoking before but says he knows i do it and i need to stop.

And so one day he gives us a speech on why its wrong to smoke. Most of it was crap but one thing caught my ear. This is while were working out in the off season and he said that smoking weed will actually burn off muscle quicker than normal and make you weeker faster. I thought about it and since ive been smoking ive worked hard in the weight room and haven't gotten much stronger. I knew smoking lowered your metabolism but I never heard this before.

Is my coach right?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

smartin.2006 is offline Registered+
    I don't think so man, I smoked through all four years of high school athletics, and I noticed major improvements the whole time, now I hardly ever work out and I'm weak as hell. Just don't let it get your motivation down. If your not getting any stronger it might be the way you working out.

It just seems to make since because through the week I go up and after the weekend I seem to go down like two or three reps. maybe its just mental but it wasnt until he said it that i thought about it. And thats only for upper body. My legs keep getting stronger and stronger.

smartin.2006 is offline Registered+
    Honestly its all in your head, cuz if weed was bad for your muscle growth it would effect your whole body not just a certain area. You might already be doing this, but don't lift weights everyday, always skip a day.

Born To Stone is offline Registered+
    Sounds like bullshit to me...look up medical studies if you are worried, but even though i haven't done it in a while, whenever i worked out when i was high i could feel the muscle working better if you know what i mean and could focus on the contraction more, but also i felt more lazy lol

I dont think I would ever want to work out high, doesn't seem like it would be too fun.

burnable is offline Registered+
    working out high is the greatest. It creates a nice hybrid cannabis/runners' high. Often you're capable of more stamina and the time goes by faster. After a while of doing it, your body expects to exercise right after blazing, and you get a real urge to do it, so it's easier to remember to do your workout. kind of like pavlov's dog
    Don't smoke cannabis to relieve anger, but rather as a reward for working soberly through anger.

Life is too entertaining for higher powers not to be watching closely.

A rule really only needs to be followed by those who do not know why it is a rule.

Cali2 is offline Registered+
    You should stop drinkin Alcohol, its way worse than weed. But watch fuckin with your lungs, after I smoke the next day I feel the constriction. Its probably not realistic but vape would be ideal.

What kind of working out are you talking about; running, bench, squats, sit-ups?
    I'm more of a mellow high person so I just dont see myself working out high.
    Seems like a buzz kill.

i do an elliptical, pushups and situps, but I know others who do free weights after puffin. whatever's your fav. At one time, I couldn't see any value in exercising stoned, but I swear by it now. Why perpetuate the notion that pot makes you lazy? Once you get in the habit, your highs just get better. you have a more active mind while high. Your high doesn't get killed, it just changes into something more unique.
    Don't smoke cannabis to relieve anger, but rather as a reward for working soberly through anger.

A rule really only needs to be followed by those who do not know why it is a rule.

happa is offline Registered
    Hello, I've been lurking around here for a while but this is my first post.

I find that smoking motivates me to work out because it makes it fun. I like to toke and then go for a good hard bike ride. It's sort of like an out-of-body experience where you feel no pain, the world is rushing past you, but everything slows down at the same time.

r0k
    r0k is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Charkie02 View Post
    I dont think I would ever want to work out high, doesn't seem like it would be too fun.
    Working out high is a bad idea (unless you want to sober up). THC is stored in fat cells, and when you work out, you burn fat cells. Thus, burning away your high

Being high is like being in love: If you're unsure of whether or not you're in love, you're not; If you're unsure of whether or not you're high, you're not.
    So smoke more

Peace and Love

“If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so”
    – Thomas Jefferson

OLDE ENGLISH '800 is offline Registered+
    ive been smoking since 12 working out since 14 and i definitely havent lost muscle its been nothing but gain, i would tell him to fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by r0k View Post
    Working out high is a bad idea (unless you want to sober up). THC is stored in fat cells, and when you work out, you burn fat cells. Thus, burning away your high
    what is stored in the fat is a biproduct of thc. it is not anything that inebriates or makes you high. burning it away in no way effects the psychoactive thc that is otherwise in the body
    Last edited by burnable; Nov-03-2007 at 03:16.

thcbongman is offline Registered+
    My baseball coach is a total dick. He's always trying to catch us drinking or smoking or doing something wrong. He's actually gotten spies to take pictures of people with beer cans in their hands and punished them for it. He's never caught me smoking before but says he knows i do it and i need to stop.

And so one day he gives us a speech on why its wrong to smoke. Most of it was crap but one thing caught my ear. This is while were working out in the off season and he said that smoking weed will actually burn off muscle quicker than normal and make you weeker faster. I thought about it and since ive been smoking ive worked hard in the weight room and haven't gotten much stronger. I knew smoking lowered your metabolism but I never heard this before.

Is my coach right?
    There is some truth to it, but has very little to do with weed.

When you consume things that speed your metabolism, you have to make sure you eat enough. Like let's say you lifted heavy weights for an hour straight. That's a lot of calorie burn, and you gotta replenish it, otherwise, you'll burn off muscle and a little fat.

Make sure you eat enough after!
    Happiness only real when shared

There could be some truth in that. I've had alot of problem gaining weight my whole life. Now I'm taking weight gainer shakes and eating protein bars after I work out but evidently its not enough, I've gained like 2 pounds. I guess I'll just step it up and drink two shakes a day and eat more protein bars.
    You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?
    They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
    No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
    What'd they call it?
    The Royale wid Chee

Pulp Fiction

sam111 is offline Banned
    in my eyes weed relaxs the body and the mind after a long workout as for losing muscle no it dosent as long as you eat healthy and resonable portions which you do anyway when smoking bud. tabaco is the only down fall as for bud it is used by doctors and medical people in a blunt i think it will have positive affects on the body includeing muscles foer relaxation the main thing to muscle growth is rest and diet then training.

thcbongman is offline Registered+
    There could be some truth in that. I've had alot of problem gaining weight my whole life. Now I'm taking weight gainer shakes and eating protein bars after I work out but evidently its not enough, I've gained like 2 pounds. I guess I'll just step it up and drink two shakes a day and eat more protein bars.
    I know all too well. No matter how much I eat, I end up gaining very little. It's all good right now, because my workout is more for gaining strength through flexibility

But if you want to gain serious weight, you gotta eat some protein every 4 hours, and add some speed sessions to your routine, lifting pretty heavy weights. 3-4 reps at heavy weight you are comfortable with, you wanna try to aim for 80%-90% of your maximum 1 rep in proper form. Speed sessions are 8-10 sets, with rest time depending on how intense you want your work-out to be. You'll be massive if you can follow through with that, but it's tough to have protein every 4 hours!
    Happiness only real when shared

mushaboom is offline Registered+
    the bullshit stoners and anti cannabis people come up with... ill never understand. smoking cannabis will not make your muscles weaker or make it harder for you to get stronger. anything you put in your lungs that isnt supposed to be there is more than likely not going to be good for you. i will say that if youre hitting the bong multiple times a day it's going to affect your lung capacity. do some breathing excersises and some cardiovascular work outs to counter act it.

^yeah totally. since I exercise daily I never cough(even during smoking) and never have any phlegm and my lungs always feel light and clear. I don't think any sort of ill effects of moderate smoking take hold when your lungs are getting a workout all the time.

kms brown is offline Registered+
    yeah....your coach is full of shit, our weight training coach used to be into some hard core drugs and he used to smoke too. He dislikes kids smoking weed and he said its because it lowers your drive and your ability to push yourself. And the reason your strength gain for your upper body is slow is because your probally a skinny guy like me with a high metabolism. So your coaches standard work out for the whole team may be the wrong work out for you. And I dont believe it affects your cardio either because every monday and wednesday i ride the bike for 30 minutes straight and work out. Then every day of the week i participate in normal sports. I smoke 2 bowls every night and im still one fastest kids out there with the most endurance. Please be smart and dont take everything an adult tells you to be the truth set in stone, especially a coach cause they have a agenda, do the research for yourself and find out rather than just thinking about it with his opinion influencing your thought process.

kms brown is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by thcbongman View Post
    You'll be massive if you can follow through with that, but it's tough to have protein every 4 hours!
    not to mention your butts gonna be able to clear a room in one movement!

TubbyMan is offline Registered

wow

You got a hardcore coach man. Plus its the baseball coach usually atleast with me the baseball coach was always the coolest one out of them all

Elote20 is offline Registered+

i dunno if this has already been said

BUT UH. WEED AFFECTS EVERYONE DIFFERENTLY. IF YOU GET TO WORKING OUT, THEN YOU WORK OUT. IF YOU GET SLEEPY YOU SLEEP, YOU MELLOW OUT THEN YOU fuckin mellow out...

WEED is for EVERYone...

denial102 is offline Registered+
    what your coach doesnt want you to know is that smoking weed gives the heart the same pulmonary excercise as a brisk walk or a jog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast