Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matanuska Thunderfuck

SaanenGoats is offline Registered+

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Hey guys,

I noticed that Dr. Greenthumb has a new seed in stock, Matanuska Thunderfuck. I've heard a lot about it, and I'm wondering if it's possible that he actually has it, and whether it is worth the price. (C$265 for 10). Does anyone know anything about this seed, or have any comments on the value of these seeds??

Gatekeeper777 is offline Registered+
    i know that for C$265 it better be some damn good area 51 shit, thats just plain hella-stupid.
    WOW, i am in the wrong business.

bong_man is offline Registered+
    10 seeds for $265!!!! that wud have to be some mystial bud!

the yeag is offline Banned
    well the price is right for quality seeds.. matanuska thunderfuck, the originol strain was clone only. That was in 1970 something. Today fine genetics still come from the northland. Seeds that hold traits of the originol mtf are alaska thunder, yukon gold, matanuska tundra. I would trust another company that sells this strain it is called SAGARMATHA seeds. I highly doubt the doc has been holding on to clones for thirty years , or anyone for that matter. Doc greenthumb does claim his seeds are from the originol strain, but i call bulshit. Try trading seeds to one of our alaskan members.

$$$$=quality genetics. $=noob dirt weed and hermies. go buy some shitty seeds that sell for 30 bucks for ten...good luck you will need it, or your easily satisfied.

Scarlet Sky is offline Registered+
    YEAG HELP!!! MAY THE PONTIFF HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL!!!

i have GOT to find yukon gold if it is still in existence... i can't find it anywhere!

please help me track it down if you can... i'll love you forever

Sky

trades are doable...
    Quote Originally Posted by OniEhtRedrum781 View Post
    Hahaha, that's classic, You're like the Lizard Pimp!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymirize View Post
    Sex is fantastic. I highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenFog View Post
    We should only blow smoke...into the air...not up eachothers' butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nochowderforyou View Post
    Like that saying goes, "arguing over the interent is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard"

Email B at Hempdepot.ca he will hook ya up. I have found they will get you about anything.

Scarlet Sky is offline Registered+
    thank you thank you thank you!!! oh, i hope i can get a hold on the gold; haven't seen it or heard about it in over ten years... soo sweet and honeyish, with a knockdown mellow... it took me thirty minutes to realize i was obliterated! good stuff

thanx again yeag, and hey, i'd realy like to talk to you; i've been trying to get you to email me for months now...

if you have time, please drop me a line babyjesslockhart@yahoo

love, Sky
    Quote Originally Posted by OniEhtRedrum781 View Post
    Hahaha, that's classic, You're like the Lizard Pimp!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymirize View Post
    Sex is fantastic. I highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenFog View Post
    We should only blow smoke...into the air...not up eachothers' butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nochowderforyou View Post
    Like that saying goes, "arguing over the interent is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard"

will do..if hemp depot does not have it go with sagmartha seeds. i hear they have sweet ass genetics. they have something real similar to what you want.

freewheelinfrank is offline Registered+
    I've never tried Matanuska, but most reports I've read, indicate it's potency is disappointing, (doesn't live up to it's reputation) - ???

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by the yeag View Post
    Email B at Hempdepot.ca he will hook ya up. I have found they will get you about anything.
    hell yeah yeag ,
    Bel. there at H/D rocks man .
    crispi

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelinfrank View Post
    I've never tried Matanuska, but most reports I've read, indicate it's potency is disappointing, (doesn't live up to it's reputation) - ???

Well like you said n0o0b..you have never tried it don't shit on the last frontier

spankey is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelinfrank View Post
    i got the chance to smoke it in the very early 80's ya if it was real mtf it would be worth the money if you have the skill to grow the monster plant. it is the type of plant that is tough for even kbs growers. BUT THE STRAIN IS DEAD. so do not waist your money.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by the yeag View Post
    matanuska thunderfuck, the originol strain was clone only. That was in 1970 something. Today fine genetics still come from the northland. Seeds that hold traits of the originol mtf are alaska thunder, yukon gold, matanuska tundra......
    . Try trading seeds to one of our alaskan members.
    Fine fine genetics are still kicking around up there.
    I have personally grown and can vouch for a couple of the surviving Alaskan local lines, gifted to me by 2 friends.
    One MTF-derived line was by FAR the burliest plant I have ever seen, with dense buds and a fine aroma/flavor to boot. When I broke down my grow it was one of the few strains that I decided to keep in mother form in a safe location. Thanks Sweet Daddy D

Yeag knows his shit re: the Thunderfucks.

Rolla Fatty is offline Registered
    I have some of these going right now. I'll let you know how it works out.

Botanyx is offline Registered+
    cut my mtf down two weeks ago. very dreemy high that lasts and lasts. to me it tastes like columbian from back in the 70's. didnt get a huge yield indoors but i think i'll try it outdoors

3sixty is offline Registered
    Got this photo from drgreenthumb.com I think it is the real thing but would apprecaite some input from the oldtimers. you have to double click it to see it at a decent size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matanuska Thunderfuck-mtf-sat-cr.jpg  

canna-bliss is offline Registered
    it supposed to be great sativa that tastes like red grapes from alaska. if tthe seeds really are Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck. then its probably worth it

ericwt is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sixty View Post
    Got this photo from drgreenthumb.com I think it is the real thing but would apprecaite some input from the oldtimers. you have to double click it to see it at a decent size
    That looks like the real thing

spankey is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sixty View Post
    it looks close so it is probably a hybrid. the original strain is gone but there are some very good hybreds of it. it was grown by clones for so long that males were not prodused anymore. a friend of mine used to live in matinuska valley and grew it out doors. his trees got to about 8' with huge buds.

they may not be true trhunderfuck but i bet it is almost as good!!
    looks very tasty!! but remember the pure strain is dead. that does not mean it is not close. and if it is a true strain when you grow it i recomend keeping your best male and continue the strain those seeds could make you some bank locally. i am sure friends and others you know will pay through the nose to buy those seeds from you and probable half the people here would also. i know i would. to me it would be like finding bigfoot

GraziLovesMary is offline Registered+

The original Matanuska Thunderfuck from the 60s and 70s was an Indica out of necissity due to the fact that it grew wild outdoors in the Matanuska Valley. The 18-22 hours of daylight during the growing season, the perfect soil conditions in the valley, and the hardiness of that particular Indica strain ensured that it evolved into the REAL reason we should be thanking Seward for buying AK from the Russians for 1.6 Billion dollars.

Anybody that heard anything about MTF and dissappointment in the same paragraph heard wrong or heard from the wrong source. The strain has produced essentially the most THC-potent marijuana in existence, with some crops having a recorded 32% THC level. And that is from decades-old data.

Like previously mentioned, MTF is essentially non-existant in its original form as it was clone only, but Sagarmatha got ahold of some clones years ago and cross-bred MTF with a few different breeds and now sells seeds for Matanuska Tundra, Matanuska Mist, and Matanuska Mint among others. My favorite out of these would be Matanuska Mist by far.

I had the pleasure about 8 years ago of trying some MTF from an old friend of mine that has a cabin in the valley and has been cloning the strain and a few others for close to 35 years now. The bud was so dense with crystals but instead of looking snow white it looked golden... sparkly golden with a deep green hue somewhere in the center. And seeing as how its outdoor grown and the temp drops at the end of the growing season, a few of the leaves were usually a deep purple. I cant even describe the smell... much too long ago but I can still almost remember it. Anywhoo me, another friend and this old man smoked a relatively small joint he had rolled the day before.

I literally tripped off THC. No shitting.. I was seeing colors and trails and trust me, it wasnt laced. The only time I ever got higher off THC than that was when my friend brought some golden hash back from Amsterdam with like a 81% THC content.

Its not even so much the high THC content in MTF that gets ya but the surplus of CBD. Being an Indica it has much higher levels of Cannabinidiol than a sativa would, but it has way higher levels than about any other plant. As most of you know, CBD is what gives you the body high as well as many of the medical benefits enjoyed by people who smoke it medicinally.

Yukon Gold is another Alaskan native strain mainly from SE Alaska such as Kodiak island, and it is fuckin potent as hell also. Anything from Kodiak island is abnormally humongous due to the magnanimous surplus of natural resources present on the island. The grizzlies there get 15 feet tall... dwarfing polar bears but as they are a sub-species and not an individual species polar bears retain the title of largest bear. I may be rambling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Hes prolly out fighting bad guys, isnt he some sort of super cannabis ninja?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Damn, I wouldn't have expected the Weed Ninja to be so... EASY!!!

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Wow, what a fantastic post! Welcome to the site.

tevnig is offline Registered+
    2-3 pounds a plant.what lol

GraziLovesMary is offline Registered+
    Wow, what a fantastic post! Welcome to the site.
    oh why gracias amiga!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Hes prolly out fighting bad guys, isnt he some sort of super cannabis ninja?
    Damn, I wouldn't have expected the Weed Ninja to be so... EASY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GraziLovesMary View Post
    oh why gracias amiga!

very nice post man...but i must say there were too errors...kodiak is in south centrel ak not southeast, which would be by the capital. kodiak browns are lare, i have hunted there many times. the largest kodiak grizzly ever taken was not 15' tall. due to over hunting the mighty kodiak rarely grows larger than 10' today.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast