Cannabis.com

Thread: Apperantly you can't clone a FEMINIZED seed???

Ktrain is offline Registered+

Apperantly you can't clone a FEMINIZED seed???

GH fems are awesome, they turn out great........BUT..........my buddy went to clone his and not one of them from two different strains grew any roots!! So he called the place he got the seeds from and they told him, "you can't clone fem seeds, they make them so you can't clone them they are for a one time grow only" craziest thing I ever heard, but he is a experienced grower and cloned hundreds of plants. These were in the cloning machine for almost a month with not one sign of a root! Strains were Himalayan Gold & White Rhino from Green House, smoke was great tho...

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

gainesvillegreen is offline Registered+
    That just doesn't make sense to me. It seems to be impossible because the plant grows roots itself, and a clone has the exact same genetic coding (i.e. will grow roots).

I would consider alternative methods of cloning. Try a bubbler, or rockwool in humidity dome... rapid rooters in humidity dome, etc...

keeko is offline Registered+
    reconsider the place where you and your friend get FEM seeds
    " knowledge is not power, knowledge is potential power"

"those who follow the herd step in SHIT"

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    That's the most bizzare claim I've heard all week. There should be NO problem cloning fem seeds. The only thing a plant needs to be cloneable is some undifferentiated cells and rooting hormone... if it can't root in a cloning situation, it stands to reason it also won't grow roots in the pot either.... sounds like another call to the vendor for clarification is in order.

cway is offline Registered+

There is no such thing as a stupid question

Yes the plant should root.. It sounds more like user error than hardware IMHO..

Ktrain is offline Registered+
    the only thing I can figure is he used tap water and it's very hard water?? almost 450 ppm outta the tap? do you think this could of caused it? only other thing is maybe the rooting solution was no good.......

Try using ozarka distelled water and ph it to 5.9 and make sure you guys use clean equipment. Remember to make sure that your shoots have multiple internodes and tops are harder to clone because of all the Veg growth on them. Make sure to keep your dome humid and cut all the leaves 3/4 of the way off to ensure that the plant slows down photosynthesis and focuses on recovering from shock. If you google mj cloning youll see a ton of stuff .. Thats how I learned..

and if the plant dont root then maybe its that particular plant that just wont root or the strain might just be finicky but it has nothing to do with Fem/Fem Chromosomes...

Then again this is all in theory..

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    I call Bullshit !!!
    I cloned 4 Greenhouse feminised seeds - "Church" . And it was my very 1st attempt , thanx for the tutoring Stinky . Something else is going on there .
    Crispi

Quote Originally Posted by keeko View Post
    reconsider the place where you and your friend get FEM seeds
    very good advice, they obviously don't have a clue, or are just trying to con you into buying more seeds ...

keeko is offline Registered+
    " knowledge is not power, knowledge is potential power"

"those who follow the herd step in SHIT"

Scodd is offline Registered

That is incorrect.

Whether or not the plant was from a feminized seed has nothing to do with taking successful cuttings. I have been taking cuttings from plants that came from feminized seeds since feminized seeds first became available commercially.

psteve is offline Registered+
    Shenanigans!!!
    you got scammed. There's no such thing as a 'non clone' strain. It's impossible.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Well, there are strains that will physically clone but should not be cloned, like LowRyder, because it's entirely pointless. Don't bother cloning an autoflower strain. All others should clone with varying degrees of difficulty unrelated to presence of a Y chromosome.

oliwog is offline Registered+
    ive cloned and rooted feminised plants successfully so it can be done, its no different to non fem seeds
    Last edited by oliwog; Dec-21-2007 at 13:37.
    high everyone!!