Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phytokind

Thread: Which strain has the highest CBD?

phytokind is offline Registered+

Which strain has the highest CBD?

I want the CBD effects more than the THC effects, so if anyone knows of a strain that seems to have very high CBD, that'd be great. I did find a seed site that shows some of the THC and CBD percentages, but there's not all that much to choose from.
    Bigtoe24 likes this.

Well I just read that hemp has high CBD, so maybe I'll just smoke hemp.

Why do you want to smoke something high in CBD?? that is what you dont wanna smoke....

Because it supposedly has an anti-anxiety effect. But weed doesn't really make me paranoid anyway, so maybe I don't need a high CBD strain.

as the THC degrades to CBD, it produces more of a body stone, and 'couchlock' ... you can grow any strain out for this effect, just leave it in flower until the trichomes turn amber, that's the sign you are past the THC peak, and degrading into CBDs ... also, a straight indica will give you the same effect, usually ... try a 'Kush' or 'Afghani Hashplant' type of strain ...

Due to all the misinformation around, people are THC snobs nowaday. THC IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE ONLY PSYCHOACTIVE CANNABINOID! That said ... let people have preferences, guys.

kush07 is offline Registered+
    CBD does supposedly have effects upon THC induced high but you never want to much. CBD is one of the main cannabinoids in Ruderalis. Ruderalis plants are true ditch weeds that give you headaches more than highs. THCV is a very good cannabinoid. It could almost be classified as super THC. Just don't smoke a CBD high plant. If you want a less anxiety high then don't smoke so much or just get a sativa bud. Sativas give energetic uplifting highs.

Happy Toking

lol, well so far everyone in this thread is wrong, but I'm not getting into it. All I'm going to say is check out Mel Franks, Revised Deluxe Marijuana Growers Guide for the most accurate and complete guide for cannabinoids.

kush07 is offline Registered+
    Well, smoky I would check out the book but you know my issue with that though don't you.

Happy Toking

lol but it makes such a great addition to the library...

robert42 is offline Registered+
    INDICA STRAINS:
    Afghani #1
    Butterscotch Hawaiian
    Celtic Stone
    Early Girl
    G-SUS
    Kush
    Lightstorm
    Mango
    Mazar
    Newberry
    Northern Lights #1
    Oasis (Northern Lights #2)
    Manghani (A very resinous Mango x Afghan)
    Millennium Bud
    Mongolian
    Mother of Mercy*
    Romulan
    Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck*
    Mad Shad
    Sour Bubble (ahx1)

Indica Dominant HybridsAurora Indica (Nirvana) [Afghani x Northern Lights]
    Blueberry (DJ Short) [(Oaxacan Gold x Chocolate Thai) x (Highland Thai x Afghani)]
    Bubblicious (Nirvana)
    Celtic Stone (Celtic Stone Seeds) (Stonehedge x Dixie Crystal)
    Holland's Hope (Dutch Passion) [Big Bud x Skunk #1]
    lemon stinky (crazy x seed's)[sensi star x chronic]
    Northern Berry (Peak Seeds, Hygro) [Northern Lights #5 x Blueberry]
    BC Purple Star (BC Bud) [Purple Star (Holland) x BC Purple Indica]
    Skunk Kush (Sensi) [Hindu Kush x Skunk #1]
    Snow White (Nirvana)
    White Indica (Ceres Seeds) [Afghani x Afghani x Skunk#1]
    White Rhino (Greenhouse Seeds) [White Widow x Unknown Indica]
    Why is marijuana not legal? Why is marijuana not legal?
    It's a natural plant that grows in the dirt.
    Do you know what's not natural?
    80 year old dudes with hard-ons. That's not natural.
    But we got pills for that.
    We're dedicating all our medical resources to keeping the old guys erect,
    but we're putting people in jail for something that grows in the dirt?

GONE but hopefully not forgotton

orangeman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedParcelSecrets View Post
    Due to all the misinformation around, people are THC snobs nowaday. THC IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE ONLY PSYCHOACTIVE CANNABINOID! That said ... let people have preferences, guys.
    You have to excuse them. In a way people like that are trend whores or never learn for themselves, only know what is given to them. Thats why people only know about THC think thats the only thing that participates in the psychoactive effects and say shit like "dro" for good weed...it's pathetic lol.

And I'm sorry phytokind but hemp is fiber, it's made of the stems and branches of marijuana, you dont wanna smoke that. I mean you could but...why would you?

Don't worry man, I'm not going to smoke any hemp

babystarbud is offline Registered+
    well, i dont fully uderstand the relationships between different cannibinoids,

but from experiance i know this....somestrains much lower in THC are a buch better high.
    everyone seems obsessed with bluberry which is high in thc, but i find the taste is not good and the high is strong but of poor quality.

some strains much lower in thc like orange bud i find have a near perfect high and great taste. its all about personal preference.

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+

Cool ..serious CBD...

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper View Post
    as the THC degrades to CBD, it produces more of a body stone, and 'couchlock' ... you can grow any strain out for this effect, just leave it in flower until the trichomes turn amber, that's the sign you are past the THC peak, and degrading into CBDs ... also, a straight indica will give you the same effect, usually ... try a 'Kush' or 'Afghani Hashplant' type of strain ...
    ..some of my "very late harvest" white widow/rhino plants, went beyond couchlock.....closer to "temporary polio".

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp View Post
    ..some of my "very late harvest" white widow/rhino plants, went beyond couchlock.....closer to "temporary polio".
    Yes this is what I experienced with some way over ripe bud, and I liked it quite a lot.

orangeman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by babystarbud View Post
    everyone seems obsessed with bluberry which is high in thc, but i find the taste is not good and the high is strong but of poor quality.
    What blueberry were you smokin on . That strain is so popular it's some thats authetic and others are just imitations. Maybe you were smoking some pretendo lol.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    If you want an anti-anxiety strain, try out strawberry cough, which was bred for that, or look into any of the breeders who are into medical, such as Federation or BOG.

You should look for a strain with the overall effect you want, not just that it has high CBD.

babystarbud is offline Registered+
    i got it from a mainstram coffeshop in amsterdam, i just didnt like it that much.
    silver haze is quite nice though.
    although ive found a lot of what is generally considered the best weed, all tastes the same after a while, and it just becomes over powering in a not particularly pleasent way.
    to me, that not what smoking is about.
    some people like whiskey, some like vodka, bluberry just isnt my thing really.

i didnt really make my point very well, my bad. what im trying to say is, you shouldnt let thc content dictate what is good, ive found, just smoke and see.

BukDatAss is offline Registered+
    I like the strong Couch lock feeling that the White Rhino brought to me. I didnt thing it was as strong as it was suppose to be, but I did love the high. I got no anxiety on that what so ever as I do when I smoke some good strong haze or Ak. I'm looking for the same type of feeling only stronger so I was looking at Greenhouse and they have
    Wrhino at a 11%THC n 1.6 CBD
    Really thinking of getting this
    Great White Shark 14%thc n 1.7 CBD- sounds like a stronger White Rhino just what I was looking for

PS how does CBN play the role in the high?
    Ambience have a seance in the garden of Eve
    I'm a God, a gardener, a guardian of trees -Canibus

idontgivenames is offline Registered+
    thats foolish to blame your anxiety attacks on just weed. it's you. the same weed can be just as sedative and mellow for you, and racey and paranoid for the next guy. the only real difference inbetween sativa and indica buds as far as being high goes is the body and mental high. but no bud specificly induces paranoia. if the bud has an intense mental high, it could just as easily invoke creativity, then the next joint later it invokes paranoia. it all depends on your chemistry and circumstances. and circumstances effect chemistry anyways.