100% germination, every time ... EASY !

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by the image reaper, Feb 28, 2009.

1. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

OK, I lied :wtf:, I haven't gotten 100% germination this way, more like 99.5% ;) ... just do as I did, and don't change anything ... if you disagree, go away :D ...

1. build the bubbler box I built ... I built mine for cloning, then found out it is an incredible seed-starter :thumbsup:

2. use dim lights during germination and cloning, until roots are established ...

THIS REQUIRES ME TO MAKE SEVERAL POSTS, SO PLEASE DON'T INTERRUPT THE THREAD, UNTIL I'M DONE !

OK ?, here we go ........................

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    • Like Like x 3
  2. the image reaper

First, build the box

go to wallyworld, etc., buy TWO identical clear plastic tubs ... one will be for the bubbler tank, the other will be a humidity dome (that's why the clear) ...

buy a bag of 'Rapid Rooter' plugs, NO SUBSTITUTES !

paint the bottom box black on the OUTSIDE with either Krylon Fusion plastic sparypaint, or simply cover with duct-tape, etc ... makes it lightproof

drill 1" - 1.25" holes in one lid ... if they are too large, just stick a toothpick thru your rapidrooters ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. the image reaper

you will need an aquarium heater, cheap, automatically keeps the solution about 75 degrees

also, need a cheap aquarium pump, and airstones, that will bubble well

you will be using ONE DROP of SuperThrive per gallon of water ... I use chlorinated tapwater, helps guard against fungus, algae, etc ...

you will change this water every 5 days, replacing it with same

4. the image reaper

see what we're doing here ?

Attached Files:

5. the image reaper

place a DRY seeds into a RapidRooter plug, about 1/4" deep, and lightly tuck a small piece of rooterplug into the hole ... the emerging seeds needs a little resistance to peel it's shell off ... besides, if the seed is to weak to push thru, it isn't worth growing out ...

with the bubbler going 24 hrs a day, dim light, and about 75 degree solution, just walk away .... leave it alone, come back on the third day, this is what you will see ... in my case, 13 seeds, 13 sprouts, one male (No-stress is the Key)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. the image reaper

which, grow into this:

Attached Files:

7. the image reaper

now, you can use your extra bottom box (remember, we bought two of them) ... the spare lid can be flipped upside-down and used as a humidity dome, and your spare lid can be cut for 1 or 2 large net pots holes, or a bunch of small RapidRooter plug holes ...

now, that's how I do it ... if you do the same, you'll be glad you did ... if you do it differently, don't whine to me :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. the image reaper

MODS !! make this a sticky, please

:thumbsup:

9. the image reaper

Keep It Simple !!

and, it gets a lot easier :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

10. the image reaper

I apologize for the typing errors, and spelling, I was in a rush, to get this done, before comments, questions, etc ... ;)

11. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

I did nut sea no spelling erraeras

But how much water, or how high in the res.?
    thinks

sjov

12. the image reaper

I run the water level far enough under the bottoms of the plugs, that they stay damp, but not soaking wet (can't give a distance, as that depends on the air pump and stones) ... the photo shows them too wet, really, I dropped the level down after ... that's the beauty of the RapidRooters, supposedly, the way they retain and drain water, is just right for seeds and clones ... you need to watch the roots don't dry out, that's about it ...

13. the image reaper

Opie Yutts ...

and, I should give credit to 'Opie Yutts' :thumbsup:, this is basically a copy of his bubble-cloner :smokin:

14. GreenThumbelina

GreenThumbelina Registered

Thank you

That is brilliant.

15. Redneck020

Redneck020 Registered

Very nice!!:)

I think i will make one for myself.

16. gypski

gypski Registered+

Fantastic, gotta rig up one of those very soon!!! :thumbsup: :jointsmile:

17. Divestoned

Divestoned Registered+

Good work man (even if you did steal it from opie) it's easy too build,easy too use, and cost effective.I think many noob's will like this.

Dive:stoned:

18. Thanks a lot IR, this worked good! :thumbsup::hippy:

19. cman20118ut

cman20118ut Registered+

omg...i actually did this while the server was down...well minus the humidity dome....but i got 100 percent out of 15...i just place my seeds...(the viable looking ones) in a solution that is around 20 parts distilled tap then when they drop down i place them into the rooters...no super thrive for me....oh and my top is covered with reflective duct tape...but almost identical...hmm...terrific post tho....when i fill mine up again do you mind if i take a post a pic on this thread?...it wouldnt be for a couple weeks anyway tho

20. Garrett

Garrett Registered+

Very clever idea but how much did the whole setup cost?