10x12 shed

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by Arturo pineda, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Arturo pineda

Arturo pineda Registered

Hi there need information on new growing room I have 10x12 9 ft height.i want to grow 6 feet tall plants.I'll be using 2 1,000 watt lights so my question is how many plants am also ill be painting all the walls with flat white Please help Thank u

2. redtails

redtails Registered+

That's not enough light for that much vegetation honestly. I wouldn't do more than 6 plants at that size under 2 1000w. You need a walkway at least to access everything. Subtract that from your square footage, now that is your grow area. With a good hood you can get 1 light to cover about 5x5 area. So now you can see that 2 lights will only cover about half of your room adequately...

3. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

Even with 2 - 1000 watt lights, you're going to generate some heat, so you need to be thinking about climate control. Fresh air is needed because plants need CO2. There are many things to consider so google or use youtube to look at how to design grow rooms.

Yes, white walls are a good idea. That's what I have. (I thought blue or pink would be so pretty, but alas, the plants are color blind.)

• Funny Funny x 1