14/10 @ last two weeks of flowering?

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by t3chyo, Jun 9, 2006.

1. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

I was watching a very infomative video where the guys from the THC Labs show off how they grow all their MJ. Now one the guys there said he always switches from 12/12 to 14/10 on the last two weeks of flowering to get maximum thc content, what do you guys think?

2. bongerstonerd00d

bongerstonerd00d Registered+

Believe it or not.........

I read the exact same thing at another hydro website this afternoon. I was going to ask if anyone has tried that here myself. I do not remember reading any posts here about that. Would be intersting to know how it worked out.

b0nger

3. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

well the video I watched they cultivate sooo many plants lol, and they are a seed dealer, I would assume they know their stuff. It would be nice to hear from someone who has tried this on these boards, anyone?

4. LIP

LIP Banned

Giving the plant more darkness in the last 2 weeks is very good for the THC production. It's in the last 2 weeks that the THC really starts to form.

5. Jdog7000

Jdog7000 Registered+

I don't know if it makes it have a higher thc content.
    It would speed it up to finish. Ans make the yield a tad smaller.
    But thats pretty much it ,in my opinion. But give it a try and let us know.

6. bongerstonerd00d

bongerstonerd00d Registered+

OK,,,,another thought

Its good for extra THC, but does it affect yield ?

b0nger

7. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

IMO if i were to guess why it was better(remember I have no growing experience yet...) is that you can force 2 more hours of a light a day on the flowers w/o going back to veg becuase you're already too far into the flowering stage. More light more trichs, right?

maybe I should take the clip from the video i'm talking about and post it on here, actually i'll do that now. comp is slow so don't expect me to do it fast...

8. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

9. HapaPride

HapaPride Registered+

what did it say at the end.... the ? was

"so your finding your getting better yields this way" "i am finding..... cut off

10. Trivium

Trivium Banned

Hey guys, I have never tried this before but I have a firm believing that this guys right. THC forms in the dark, when your lights are off the THC is building, so giving it 2 more hours of darkness I guess would make for a more potent smoke, I must try this some time!!:D. T3ch , you think you're going to give this a go on your first grow?

11. knna

knna Registered+

Im a bit confused: i thing some people answer about 10/14 and others about 14/10 (lights on/off).

I use both. 10/14 at the beggining and 14/10 at the end. And yes, i note it in the potency. Only slighty more yield than 12/12, but i think it improves THC %.

12. knna

knna Registered+

There was a controlled experiments: clones for same mother, grown at 12/12 and 10/14. The THC content of the 10/14 was 50%:eek: less than using 12/12.

I ve seen botanic studies wich show that more hours of light not only report higher yield (by more total iiradiance), but it affect to how the growth is distributed: more hours produce more carbon fixation to flowers and less to leaves and stems.

I upload a pdf of a botany study about (performed with similar plants to cannabis in photoperiod responses).

Attached Files:

13. The Grim Reefer

The Grim Reefer Registered+

Harddon has a few posts where he recommends switching over to 14/10 to increase potency and production.

To try the theory out for myself, I went ahead and switched them 2 days ago and noticed quite the spurt in the buds.

Now granted it's a bit biased because she was in veg only 1 day prior to that so it could be she just had a lot of energy she was saving for the buds and decided to inflate like a beast.

I'll be sure to try this again on my next grow for some proper results :D

14. cmorbud

cmorbud Registered+

im at that point now. am willing to try but i have new clones in there too.
    how will 2 weeks of 14-10 then back to 12-12.
    any thoughts?

15. HapaPride

HapaPride Registered+

the video link above states 2hrs longer of light so 14hrs of light and 10hrs of dark and to start the flush period at 5weeks.

i think i am going to try it... i am now at 5weeks and hope for the best, but i wish i was able to do a test

16. Jdog7000

Jdog7000 Registered+

Bro that is so off!
    Don't do that.
    Flush 2 weeks before the buds finish.
    And if you run it at 14 hours of light, it can start to veg again.
    Half this thread is so far off it's scary. lol
    I would never risk fucking up my yield after all that time . To maybe get more thc. Which I don't believe anyway.
    Prove me wrong.
    But I won't be trying this.:thumbsup:

17. slave2thagroov

slave2thagroov Registered+

J-whattup. your hushmail is full. i tried a couple of times. hope everything is goin smooth now!?! :thumbsup:

18. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

Big mike from advanced nutes talks about it too I would figure that it would give you overall more weight but he also said it can take an extra week to finish. I have never tried it I have done the reverse of that after 50 days in hopes of getting the trich to finish changing because it was a 70 day strain that I wanted to finish in 60 I ended up getting to pull it 6 days early.

19. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

in the vid he says with some strains you can go up to 14/10 at the last two weeks. I know what you mean it would be risky, maybe 13/11 for most strains?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  20. t3chyo

t3chyo Registered+

It's possible, but like he says in the vid some strains can do 14/10, I would probably play it safe and do 13/11.