15 inches of Clearance

Discussion in 'Closet / Cabinet Growing' started by BagMan13k, Mar 13, 2016.

1. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

This is my First Grow log, i figured it was more suited to be in the cabinet grow section because of my limited space and the fact that its in a cabinet.
    1 Dinafem Og Kush seed placed directly into light warrior seed starter soil in a 3 gallon pot.
    My cabinet is 16 inches wide and has about 15 inches of head room.
    I have made an array of 5 hanging CFL lights. 4 are 23 wat cool lights and one is a higher watt warm light located in the center.
    PC fan pulling exhaust from the top of the back of the cabinet.
    My nutes will be a tea of molasses and guano, and probably worm castings.
    Interior covered in some kind of kodak reflective film i found in the shed.

Alright, i put that seed straight into my soil and soaked it, 2 days later it sprouted and im currently on day 13 from sprouting. No problems as of yet (knock on wood) ive been carefully watering and monitoring temperature. My light cycle is 20/4. Something interesting is that my plant is staying around 2 inches tall but the plant is still expanding, im not complaining. Pictures to follow.
    This whole deal is meant as just an experiment really, how much can i get from a little cabinet and really just something to take up a little time.

2. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

We got the cabinet
    Day one of sprout
    Day 3 (because this is when the plant hit 2 inches and hasnt really gotten any taller)
    Week1
    Week2

Attached Files:

3. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Looks good, don't worry about the height. It's growing outward, no stretching, all's well from what I see. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

Im actually very happy with the hight, im keeping those lights low, then ill bring em up as i feel it needs it. Thanks for the reply brother.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

Alright i have a question. would putting, say, 30 watt lights in place of the ones i have make a substantial change in veg? And could i get away with flowering lights at the same wattage im using now?

6. bhoboy

bhoboy Registered+

You can def get away with it but as you prolly know more light bigger buds

• Like Like x 1
  7. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

No light can ever equal the sun. So the more light you can give at any stage, the better. You can get a change with more light.

• Like Like x 1
  8. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

I like to use full spectrum DAYLIGHT CFL'S through my whole grow

9. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

Thanks for the replies, guys. Im most likely going to get stronger lights for flower and let it grow in veg for as long as it takes under current light.
    I have noticed a dark almost purple-y red coming from the base of the leaves moving down the main vain a little ways. Its probably nothing but i figured id throw up a pic for opinions. the camera doesn't quite capture the color correctly.

Attached Files:

10. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

I don't think there is any issue there at this point, bro. It looks just like it should. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

Week 3

Attached Files:

12. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

Accidentally pressed post
    Actual week three
    Dark spots only on one leaf.
    Have only used water so far

Attached Files:

13. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

After training and and a case of overnuting we are about 2 weeks into flower

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. BagMan13k

BagMan13k Registered+

A couple weeks later and the buddage begins to show. Dont really have any concerns at this point but im keeping a watchful eye!

Attached Files: