178 days...

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by EvilCartman, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Who are you voting for in the US Presidential election?

1. Pat Paulsen

20.0%
  2. Barry Goldwater

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Snoopy

60.0%
  4. A turnip

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

...is a long time. :p
    Finally gonna wrap-up the first grow of this Thai. (Gypsy Nirvana- Thai Stick Sativa)
    It's like losing a member of the family, she's been in the corner of the flower tent for so long.
    [​IMG]

Now, the shitty part. :rolleyes:
    Trimming this beast will be a chore. Yield will be pretty abysmal, far more leaf than calyx to deal with. Even though the plant is pretty big, I doubt it will yield more than 3 oz. Lotta useless greenery. Taking this down on the weekend because there will be several hours of painstaking scissor work, to get the most out of this big, green, mess. I've tried pulling the leaf off. Faster, but that removed too much of the flower, as well. So it looks like a long session of trimming fox-tails.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The next time this one flowers, will be to make some seed.
    She's a good candidate for hybridization. Absolutely no herm tendencies in this plant. Pretty fortunate to find a solid female Thai, straight away.

I've got a few ideas from what seed is on hand;
    Mango Haze
    G-13 Haze
    Shark Shock

Ha, I did paint a few flowers on this girl, early on. Found 1 mature seed.
    It's been so long I forgot where the pollen came from, though. o_O
    I'll write it down, going forward. :D

This will be the winters distraction. I've got no real plan. Just going to cross this girl with any good-lookin' male that happens by. It'll be fun to see what kind of changes result from the offspring. As is, this girl is too wild for my liking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

trimming isn't work. I vote for the Mango Haze, I've heard good things about that one.

3. redtails

redtails Registered+

I wasn't a fan of the great white shark when I grew it so I'd say either of the hazes would be good.

4. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

I've grown mango haze a few times. It's top shelf.

5. Buck Rogers420

I've got some Super Silver Haze seeds for my next grow. have you ever grown that strain?

6. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

Lots of times. Neville's Haze is my favorite but it can take so damn long. SSH and Mango only bloom about 12 weeks or so. NH is very finicky and easily over fed, doesn't like strong light or heat. SSH and MH are pretty forgiving.

7. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Very nice indeed, EC. :doublethumbs: Good luck with the trim, bro.

8. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Thanks, yeah, I hear ya on that! Nothing to write home about. Shark-Shock would mainly be an effort to add bulk/structure to the flowers.
    Looking around yesterday, found more candidates. Cheesy-Fire, Strawberry Fire Cough, Fire Cherry Cookies, Banana Fire, Power Cheese and a pile of old crosses of TGA stuff.
    First pollen on hand will be from an f2 of Archive Pie-Face. (Cherry Pie x Face-Off OG)
    That's one I look forward to seeing. This Thai has a very subdued aroma, like a light lemon tea. Mango haze is one of my favorites, too.
    I've got blisters on me fingers!! :D
    Mango ought to be a nice fit, the more I think about it. That'll be first on the list when the beans get crackin'. :)

Thanks! It was the longest I've spent on a single plant, ever. Tedious, separating each fox-tail and trimming around it. The pile of leaf was double the pile of flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

I went to see one of the grow log I did including Mango Haze. Son of a bitch, I have no listed threads credited to my name except one that is not about growing. And all the grow logs I did between 2008 and 2014 (usually three a year) are gone. And I stuck around this swirling toilet of a site the last couple of years because I didn't want to lose my grow logs and photos. Fucking A.

From my home photos, Mango Haze. A couple of weeks to start and 18 weeks bloom.

DSCI0004.JPG

DSCI0005.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. Buck Rogers420

after a good harvest don't you just want to have a Thanksgiving party ,like the Pilgrims:dancing::baggy:

11. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

That sucks! I remember the logs, the 12/12 from seed, all the outdoors.

Were you able to get any "real" outdoor this year?
    Saw your "bait" plants posted up. ;) Rippers are the lowest...

<edit>
    It may be just another thing wrong with your account. A peek through the logs turns up 14 going back to ~ 2006.

Shov's Grow Log 2/2009

Shov's Grow Log 1/2009

Shov's Christmas Sativas 2008

Shov's Christmas Grow
    Shovelhandle, Aug 17, 2007

Shov's Bubblegum Grow
    Shovelhandle, Dec 2, 2006

Shov's Autumn 2009 Grow
    Shovelhandle, Sep 23, 2009

Shov's Afghani x BOG Medley Spring Grow
    Shovelhandle, Feb 11, 2007

Shov Winter 2013-2014 Sativa Grow
    Shovelhandle, Sep 24, 2013

Shov Spring Sativas 2014
    Shovelhandle, Feb 15, 2014

Shov Spring 2013 Grow
    Shovelhandle, Apr 17, 2013

Shov 2014 Fall - Winter Grow
    Shovelhandle, Oct 8, 2014

Shov's Winter Grow
    Shovelhandle, Jan 11, 2013

Shov's Summer 2010 Grow
    Shovelhandle, Jun 15, 2010

Shov's Spring 2010 Grow
    Shovelhandle, Jan 6, 2010

Shov's Grow Threads
    Shovelhandle, Aug 17, 2013

They're there, hidden from you. o_O

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

Even when I'm signed in my list of threads only goes back to Aug 25, 2016

13. redtails

redtails Registered+

I can't find my old threads by searching either. Something is very screwy cuz I can search for the exact title of the thread and it doesn't show. If I navigate through the forums they're still there but not searchable for me

14. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

the site totally sucks really. to bad, it was the best one going for a while.

15. Kannnabis

Kannnabis Registered

Hey Evilcartman did you ever get around to making more seeds of your Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick? I would like to test grow some seeds if you don't mind.;):D

Kannabis