PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

20 day old plant from seed only 4 inches tall

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by fourtwo_zero, Dec 21, 2011.

1. fourtwo_zero

fourtwo_zero Registered

Hey guys, im new to the site, so sorry if I sound ignorant at all.
    Being as i am a first time grower, im a bit concerned with my lovely plant.
    I planted it 20 days ago and it is now at the 4 inch mark. Is this typical size for a plant this old? I started 18/6 2 days ago.

2. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Since you refer to it as your "lovely plant", I'm gonna assume it's all healthy lookin'.

Right about now, provided you are giving adequate light and nutrients, is when the growth rate will REALLY take off. The first few weeks from seed are kinda slow.
    These plants are 22 days from seed, most were just topped. 2 of the slower ones haven't been topped, yet. They're just about 5". I'd say your right about on pace.

Some strains grow faster or slower, but once they reach a size large enough to support rapid growth, it will begin. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. rudolfskis

rudolfskis Registered+

Evilcarman,
    Those look sweet.Im a first time grower ...Had 4 seeds dont know what it is.Not cronic i \m sure but wanted to get my feet wet.Im useing cfls 2 300 watts and 4 100s....Im glad to see this post as im about a week in and although there looking perfectly healthy i was wondering when they were gonna take off like the ones you have.
    Do you know can i expect my plants to bud like the cronic ive seen? Being from good weed but NOT cronic?
    Im useing a starter feed kit that looks pertty easy and hope i get a decent bag from them....Hoping there not all males..sigh But when can i expect them to show male or female?

4. GANJAPITBULL

GANJAPITBULL Registered

If grown indoors, about 10 days after the light schedule has been changed to 12/12 is when you will be able to tell male/female

5. GANJAPITBULL

GANJAPITBULL Registered

If grown indoors, only after the light schedule has been reduced to a 12/12 schedule. About 10 days....

6. The Widow White

The Widow White Registered+

If you let them veg long enough....around 8-9 weeks, they'll show their sex and you don't have to bud them off to know. Plus, given you have the space, the longer you let them veg, the larger and healthier they should get thus, more at harvest time. Be very very VERY careful not to over water them. That is the biggest issue with most new growers. Let them dry COMPLETELY out before you water them again. Also, very young plants don't or shouldn't require much in the way of nutrients. Let them get their root system established a bit before you start hitting them with chemicals. A good growing soil will have all the little plant needs until it can get established. If your soil isn't that good, you need to get some good soil...recommend formulated grow soil. Also, keep your container size relative to the size of the plant...no 10 day old plants in 5 gallon buckets, or it will be weeks and weeks until you see anything happening up top on the plant. Before they do much above ground, they establish their roots in the container they're growing in. ALSO.....and a BIGGIE here....get yourself a pH pen and make sure nothing liquid goes in your plants unless it is a pH of 6.5. If you don't manage your pH levels, the roots of your plant will lock up and it will not be able to take in any nutrients and will become totally SAD! Get on here and find yourself a grower who has a setup pretty close to what you have and go through their grow journals. There is some basic information you need to know to grow these things without a lot of issues. It's always better to know before rather than freaking out when you have a problem and not knowing what to do. So save yourself the hassle and stress and learn what to do before you get too deep. It's a process and takes time. Most people kill a few before they figure it out. The forum already has all the info you need on it and can prevent most of that hassle and stress if you'll take the time to dig in. Good luck to both of you and welcome to the forum. TWW