2018 Outdoor Cannabis Grow - Week 9.5 of Flowering

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pictures' started by Mass Medicinals, Nov 5, 2018.

  1. Mass Medicinals

    Mass Medicinals Registered+

    2018 Outdoor Cannabis Grow
    Week: 9 and 1/2 of Flowering
    Strain: Super Silver Haze


    Week 9 and 1/2 and we are cutting down the second plant. Unfortunately it is also immature, but the harvest was required to prevent the spread of bud rot. And the weather in New England was supposed to be cold and wet for the majority of the next 10 days.



    Looking at the plants using a jeweler's loupe we saw that the plant had a pretty decent presence of amber trichomes. Not enough to really warrant harvesting at this time, but a higher concentration than the first harvested plant.

    Some of the buds still had a lot of white pistils on them. As you can see in the photo below.

    [​IMG]

    Some thoughts after growing Super Silver Haze outdoors in New England.

    1. Train and top the plants

    We didn't do this and they grew to be between 10-13 feet in some places. That was fun but it made them hard to manage. Had we topped and trained them over the course of the summer. The heights would have been managed better, and we could have better addressed other issues as they developed.

    2. Provide support for the plants as the buds developed

    Here in New England as the season changes from summer to fall the area gets a lot of wind and heavy rain. Both of which did a number of the tall top heavy sativa plants. By not providing them with proper supports, most of the plants had branches and stems that snapped and died.

    3. Manipulate the light cycle

    We allowed the plants to enter the flowering cycle naturally. This was by far our biggest mistake of the outdoor season. Had we forced the plants into flowering one month earlier, they would likely have reached their full potential in the flowering cycle.

    4. Pesticides during the vegetative cycle

    We didn't use any pest control methods this season. As a result the plants were attacked by caterpillars. These were in the buds as they were harvested and dried. Doing some general research on this subject, we could have found a number of safe options that would have helped the end product.



    Thanks for reading, please leave a comment or check us out at:
    YouTube <--- please subscribe to our channel!!!


    Happy Growing!!!
    MM's
     
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page