A Google problem

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I noticed that the forum no longer is included in a Google search.

Doesn't come up in either "cannabis forum" or "marijuana forum" search.

On BING its the top search result for "cannabis forum" and listed seventh when using "marjuana forum".

Maybe I should switch to Bing. The results page is far cleaner than Google.

Google has so many paid adverts on search results now, my eyeballs are starting to crack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Agreed
    It was inevitable. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Just checked Duck Duck Go too... and there we are, right at the top. So now Google isnt just changing history and lying about political things, now they have decided to censor free speech in the cannabis world. Google needs to go away... go the same way that Netscape and Altavista went.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I just changed my home page to bing.com.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Ive been using Bing for at least 4 years. Much cleaner. And they don’t seem to have an agenda politically.
    Google is very flakey.
    Now you guys know how the Pro 2A and NRA folks feel when their firearms sites and content get struck down by the likes of Google and Facebook.
    Makes you wonder who the fascists really are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Up In Smoke 420

Up In Smoke 420 Registered+

We still come up. You just have to search Google a little more specifically for these boards. The name is pretty generic, doesn't help with search results. I'll agree though that It's fallen in the past several years.

7. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I decided to switch to DuckDuckGo, which has private searches.

Also, I didn't care for Bling's push stuff. When I want a search engine page, all I want is a search box and nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I was looking up a cocktail recipe and wanted to get my favorite site, but couldn't remember the name offhand. Months ago I googled it and the site never came up.

Today, with DuckDuckGo, it came up on the first page. (drinkmixer.com)

Now one has to wonder why Google is burying the website with the most cocktail recipes on the internet.
    Another beef I have with Google is that if you search for "cocktail recipes", you start getting pages of single recipes with photos clogging up the search pages. And no, drinkmixer didn't come up in the first 3 or 4 pages, I didn't bother going farther down, since it was nearly all random cocktail recipes.

9. boaz

boaz Registered+

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I use Dogpile too, but only on the occasions when I'm really looking to throw a wide net in a search.

• Like Like x 2