A question for Weeze - regarding strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Strains' started by AaCanna, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:56 AM.

1. AaCanna

AaCanna Registered

Hi Weeze, i hope you are keeping well.
    I had a question that i hope can be answered. When administering extracts to your dog for Cancer what are the strain/s you are often using?

My dog has been given some quality CBD with some THC but i am starting her on FECO asap (Tcell Lymphoma bumps are creeping back in)

(Boxer, only about 4.5, 75-80lbs)

Thanks,
    A

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Mostly Gainesville Green.
    The latest batch has several Golden Diesel hybrids as well.
    A little of everything actually.
    My crosses are mostly first generation so the phenotypes are all over the ball park.

Most important to get the dosage right. Too much is counterproductive.

You are welcome
    W.

3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Jus' fine, thanks.

Mostly Gainesville Green and some golden diesel crosses.
    Most of my crosses are first generation so phenotypess are all over the ball park.
    The "strains", and hybrid ratios are less important than the proper dosage.

Last month, one of my dog's mammary tumors started to re-grow.
    I dropped the FECO dosage, and it's back in remission.
    If your dog is obviously stoned, I'd cut the amount back a tad.

Aloha,
    W.

4. AaCanna

AaCanna Registered

Sorry i did not respond earlier, been very busy.
    Thanks for the info! :)

We are getting the Pred. up a bit as 1 bump is quite large (we started 50mg for only 3 days followed by 25mg on a 80 lb boxer, too little).

She's about to receive 2 grains of FECO and gets oils as well 3 times a day.

A

5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

That looks reasonable. Now, we wait.

6. AaCanna

AaCanna Registered

She responded well to Pred. but it did destroy it completely (we suspected it was too low, now it is creeping back up), adding 10-15mg should be ok..

Also, we have a strain here in Canada called VCDC i am getting it tomorrow and will start FECO at night. (Halley's comet Hemp CBD with Sativa AM and VCDC high CBD Indica PM)

Question, have you ever tried doing a hybrid of active THC and non active i.e. THCA? Also Hemp and Canna CBD mix - Could be powerful.. or not..

7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I'm not a vet., or a doctor, but the current dosage is already quite high for that size dog.
    Prednisone does not actually shrink tumors on it's own,
    It lowers swelling and inflammation. It is a serious steroid and can do a lot of damage.
    It is given to prevent metastasis. Inflamed tissue is a nursery for stray cancer cells.
    Once the source of the inflammation is addressed, the Prednisone must be carefully tapered down.
    If not, at least in humans, it can cause a psychotic break.

As in, partially decarbed oil? Yes, it's unavoidable in most cases.
    And even raw weed has a percentage of decarded cannabinoids that varies over time.
    THC-A may be medicinal, but with the extra Carbon and Oxygen atom it is too large a molecule to pass through the blood/brain barrier.

Aloha,
    Weeze

8. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I do not know.

9. AaCanna

AaCanna Registered

Thanks for the feedback :doublethumbs:, by the way have you ever had your dog experience stomach turmoil / diarrhea as a response to oils?

10. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Not yet.
    Though at first, with too high a dosage, she forgot what food was and what to do with it.
    If this happens to your dog, check the oil for solvent contamination.

11. AaCanna

AaCanna Registered

Yeah, she recently started on FECO 1:1 CBD THC and her doses were increased, a second one just arrived. Both were tightly sealed by legit companies.

She is eating well but is not fond of the Canna taste :)