Adding Flavors

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Plumber07, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Several weeks ago I read a High Times artical about adding flavoring to newly cut flower stems. Since I had been harvesting my plants from the top down I still had maybe a quarter oz on my best producer. Before cutting I grabbed a bottle of water (500 ml) and added 1 ml of lemon extract then put half of the mix in another empty bottle. I used lemon extract as the flowers have a lite pine and lemon sent. The artical talked about adding vanilla extract. I cut the stems with a razor and placed them in the bottles where they sat for 10 days. I dried and jared the flowers. It's only been a week of curing so I haven't tried them yet but will update soon!

Attached Files:

2. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

3. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I put another quarter in the old water. Got some mold on the stems so I'll have to be careful when jarring. Drying the flowers now. The first batch has been in a jar curing for about two weeks. Smells wonderful. Not over powering, just nice. Think it might be time to give it taste. BRB...

Nice for only two week cure. The lemon after taste is good. Still pretty wet but very smoth. Think I'll have to try a few other flavors next fall. Good stuff out of a bong. I'll roll one in a week or two when it's dryer and we'll see. Stay tuned...

Attached Files:

4. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Still puffing. I'm really happy with this stuff. Really tastes good. Going to have to try almond next year. Sure wish I had done a whole plant. Don't get me wrong, the plain jane is fine but after a few weeks it gets old. Even when I buy it's usually no more than a quarter as even the best top shelf just gets old after awhile. Going to have to try some fruit tictures next year as well.

5. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Gonna have to take a few gms of the lemon (I still have about a quarter) and make into ejuice. Maybe tomorrow.

6. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

Try mango juice.
    I read High Times most everyday.
    Always a good read.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

From what I've gathered sugar will make the flower harsh when smoked. Pure extracts work best. I used a very small amount and it added a nice mild flavor. Next year I plan to double the amount of extract and try a few more. Mango would be awesome.

8. Buck Rogers420

I add mango juice or blackstrap molasses to my water the last 3 weeks of flowering.
    It's never harsh. A vary smooth taste smoke. :pirate:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Sounds interesting. I've read a lot of pro's and con's on using sugar. I may try one or two plants this coming year. I'm also going to add some extracts to the water on a few more. It worked pretty well on cut stems. We'll see. I plan on quite a few experiments this coming growing season.

10. Buck Rogers420

The mango juice gave Super Silver Haze a vary citrus flavor.
    Adding molasses makes weed stronger smelling with out changing the taste or smell.:pirate:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Looking forward to trying it. Here in sunny so cal we can get fresh mangos pretty much year round and I've got a good juicer. What percentage juice to water? Same with the molasses? Any ferts/nutes used those last 3 weeks? Growing method, indoor/out, hydro?

I'm not set-up for indoor, outdoor mainly in the ground but I may run some pots this year so I can move them into the garage under led's to flower and get several generations, although I have to have a few in the ground vegging for 5+ months. CAN'T WAIT!

I've been helping to keep my local dispensary in business. They gave me a gm of GG x OG on my bday with a purchase and I fell in love, kickass cross. Just before Christmas I got 8 gms for $50 and some wax and a gm cartridge and they gave me 2 gms of Blueberry OG. It's like a smorgasbord. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Rogers420

About a table spoon of molasses per gallon for 2 weeks before harvest or 1/2 cup mango juice.
    Stop nutes 1 week before harvest.
    Good Luck,
    :pirate:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Update: At the end of a two month cure I rolled one up took a couple bong tokes.

The bud was perfect, just dry enough to break up and roll and burned well.

Lemon was barely noticeable. WHAT? Yeah, weird. I really expected a stronger lemon taste in the J but no.

At a two week cure the taste was really good and now it tastes like the rest. Gonna have to fire up the crock pot and make some more coconut oil caps.

14. Buck Rogers420

I don't know where they come up with all these flavors. I can taste skunk and a few other faint flavers. I can tell dank weed from bunk. I guess my taste buds are just burnt out.:pirate:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I got a few grams of Blueberry and let me tell ya, it has a blueberry taste. I've been piffin'since the mid 70's and the only thing I miss is the black afghani primo hash. Gold leaf dragon on every key. Opium added. And the taste? Nothing like it today. I have some bubble hash that has that reminiscent taste, bringing me back 40 years but not the same. The weed back then was mostly crap, but not always. Thai sticks were pretty good. Some were like the moon rocks today with hash oil added. But seriously, today there's some incredible tasting smoke. My local dispensary is out of blueberry but are advertising a fruity pebbles as well as a blackberry, banana and grapefruit, all indica leaning. If I had unlimited funds I'd buy a oz of all three and a few others I've been wanting to try like northern lights and I love their gorilla kush. They also have a blue dream and blue crack, sativas crossed with the blueberry. I need to make a lot more money!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Buck Rogers420

I got 5 free regular Blueberry seeds last time I ordered from MSNL . I'm going to plant them outside this summer and hope some of them are female. Last summer all the G-13 seeds I planted came up males and pollinated a Northern Lights plant before I trashed them. That may be a good combination. But I ramble on sometimes.
    Can't wait to try some Blueberry. :pirate: