Adding lecithin

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by DeeG, Sep 5, 2017.

1. DeeG

DeeG Registered

Hey guys, would anyone know if it is ok or possible to add lecithin to an alcohol-based tincture? I am trying to reduce the liquid (since it's so nasty) to an oil base, and lecithin wasn't added originally when I made the tincture in the magical butter machine. I tried evaporating the alcohol afterwords but it just looked like it was evaporating all liquid and it wasn't becoming syrupy at all. Now, my question is this: Does anyone know if it is possible to add lecithin post-cooking process. When it's already made. And how much would be appropriate? TIA everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I'd put it back on the heat and cook it until the formation of tiny CO2 bubbles slows.
    It needs to be decarbed for ingestion.
    That should thicken it up. It will be runny when hot and thicken to tarry at room temps.
    If you wish to add lecithin, do so while it is still warm enough to be runny. Then it can be mixed by "whipping" it in with a small whisk.
    Lecithin is not used a thickening agent. It does affect the texture, but more importantly, it make the RSO more completely digestible.
    50% lecithin will double the bulk, but since more of the RSO will be absorbed, do not double the dosage size if you expect to get out of bed. :)

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard