PAX2 Vaporizer

Aeroponics White Foam in Reservior

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by JoeCamel, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Registered

I’m a newbie to hydroponics. I’ve got 6 plants growing in a home made Aerospring (31 gal Rubbermaid rough tote). They are 7 weeks old and have been in the flowering cycle now for 5 days. I’m feeding Dyna-Gro Bloom, along with Advance Nutrients Bud Candy and Bud Igniter. I’m draining and refilling the reservoir with 15 gal of tap water nutrients & supplements every 5 days. Room temp and water temp is 68 deg. PPM 854 & ph 5.8. Today was the first time I’ve drained and refilled the reservoir since starting the flower cycle and feeding these supplements. I noticed while draining the reservior a white foam building up along the sides of the reservoir and around the roots. I tried to rinse away as much of it as I could before refilling. I was feeding Dyna-Gro Grow during the veg cycle and didn’t see any of this foam. So far it doesn’t seem to have had any ill effect on the plants so I’m wondering if this is something normal the bud candy and bud igniter supplements are doing. Has anyone else had any experience with these supplements and this white foam?

2. Charbud

Charbud Registered+

Possibly a reaction between the plastic inside the container and the nutes ?

3. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Registered

I sent an inquire to Advance Nutrients and their response was that Bud Candy could be responsible for the foam.
    Thanks for your response.

Joe Camel:thumbsup: