PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Afghan Kush auto and Hash plant haze log

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by GetThisOrDie, Sep 10, 2010.

1. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Ok so its been awhile since I shared anything and ive settled enough after moving to start a log.

Hopefully I wont be tossing these plants out of a second story window.....

Anyways I had the kush auto bean that I wasnt able to fit in last run and also going to be popping a Hash Plant Haze. Its a 80/20 sativa by way of California Hash Plant and cannalope haze. I will be cracking the haze probably in a couple weeks. Took me awhile to decide what sativa I wanted to grow from my collection of beans but decided on this one because of the high resin content. I plan on getting a vape in the near future so I wanted a real crystaly strain.

For this grow I will be using a 90w LED along with CFLs and 660nm spotlights. If I find a way to add an HPS I will. The grow at my current location has to be ultra stealth and quiet because im letting a friend who is not 420 friendly stay here until they can get a place of their own. Not a problem really since ive grown in riskier situations. The grow tents are located far away through many secure locked doors so theres no chance of them stumbling upon them.

2. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

This is the kush at 4wks minus 1 day. She has been flowering for 7 days now.

Used a rapid rooter (my first time using) and I must say they are great. Thanks to all of you who suggested these in my previous logs. After the first root popped out I immidiately transplanted into her final pot with FF ocean forest.

I also gave her open sesame the last few feedings and it seems to have kept her short but tons of bud sites all over the branches. I would have expected her to be stretching by now but she is still very squat with her main cola and two others at nearly the same level. Dont know if the sesame is keeping it from stretching.

She has a very very strong smell that started with her 3rd node. I cant have it out for more than a couple minutes without stinking the whole room. Strongest smelling plant I have yet to encounter. Typical coffee grounds type weed smell. Lovely.

Temps are ranging from 75f-80f. Lights are on 24/0.

Attached Files:

3. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Forgot to mention that I have been pushing her leaves out of the way and getting light all over her several times a day. This might be contributing to the squatness and evenness of the canopy. I do this to all my plants but have been doing it like crazy to this plant just to see how it goes.

4. bobjob4u

bobjob4u Registered+

nice to see you back. Are those the afgan kush ryders from world of seeds. If so you are in for a treat. The smell you described would fit the afgan ryder i tried.bout 9 weeks should do it.After doing 10 it caused me to beef up my air filtration system.

5. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Hey bob thanks for stopping by. Yes they are the beans you mentioned.

How tall did yours get? Ive heard from other people as well that its a great smoke for sure. High THC indica. Ive never been disapointed from smoking any kush strain so im sure this will be good.

Mind giving me your smoke report on it? :D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  6. elduderin0

elduderin0 Registered+

Looks good.
    It's strange, I thought I read somewhere that Kush had less of a smell while growing. Maybe that was a different strain, though.

Keep it up.

7. bobjob4u

bobjob4u Registered+

they all were under 15" . average was 12-15 . But they were very stocky. Thick tight bud. The smallest was around 7 inches tall but like 3 inches thick from top to bottom. I would say i did find myself losing my balance alittle more often after pertaking of its rich smoke...

8. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Ok for reals... My experience with world of seeds is horrible. First I buy autoflowering pakistan ryders and they turned out to not even be autos and looked like different plants all together. Now this kush is full of nanners... Probably wont ever buy any WOS genetics again. Im going to have to look through my collection to see if I have any more WOS stuff. Will probably trade them for other genetics.

9. bobjob4u

bobjob4u Registered+

Sorry to hear. I did them once , but never tried again. Price was higher then i think they are worth. Smoke was to heavy for me made me major lazy. and i like to be motivated. Really go for the royal queen auto dwark or royal auto. Both are 8-9 weeks and seem to be quite stable and very constistant. Good lights and root space= good yield. Great upper physical stone and taste is yummy..... Not to mention there seed prices makes it even better 82$ for 10 royal auto's and only $63 for the 10 royal auto dwarf.

10. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

I have a question hopefully someone can answer... Im wondering if the FF big bloom can go bad? Let me explain further.

I moved a couple times and had packed my nutes in a steel lockbox. It got pretty hot inside the lockbox during the move and was wondering if the heat could mess with the micro beasties in it. I recently gave my kush some water and half dose of big bloom and it burned it up. Not too bad but enough to say WTF!

Any info? Ill post a pic in a few.

11. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Here are some pics of the damage.

Have about 3 1/2 wks left.

OR NOT... stupid cancom wont let me upload files. Ill try again later.

12. reefersutherlin

reefersutherlin Registered

I read in a thread on ICMAG that some organic based nutes can go bad. They said if it smells REALLY awful that they are most likely bad. It sure doesn't mention anything about it on the bottle that I have though. My answer would be a firm "maybe".

13. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Thanks for the info.

WELL its been awhile since I updated because of not being able to upload pics. So I was expecting a 9wk run on the kush but everywhere I looked up info said 7-8wks. That is confirmed on mine. I cut her at 8wks -3days. She had about 20-25% amber trichs.
    She is still drying but I did take a sample and quick dried it and must say that it is potent as a mother fucker. I am very impressed already and might look past my bad experiences with WoS and order some more. It has incredible body buzz that destroys pain. Also has a decent head high and combined they made me feel like I was going to rocket off into space. Cant wait until they are dried and cured!

I have my Hash Plant Haze bean germinating in a rooter. The wife doesnt like sativas so I also cracked a Punky Lion. Its 100% indica with a chocolate smell/taste.

The HPH should be between 9-10 wks and is 80/20 sativa.
    The PL is 8wks.

I will try to post some pics in a few.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  14. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Also forgot to mention that I cut the top half off first and the bottom half of buds are still going. It had such a dense canopy and branching that there wasnt alot of penetration. Was very bushy for an auto.

Lets try pics. nope....

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  15. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Lets try linking from album.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These pics were taken at various times.

:stoned: :stoned: :stoned:

16. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

So the two new ladies are out of the rooters and one is in soil already. All I have is OF so hopefully the little ones do ok in it so young.

17. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Its been awhile since I updated.

The young ladies are doing well. They are 11 days in the soil. I have a plan to try and get the hps up and running so might be able to get lots of bud this run and hopefully let them finish. The temps are really starting to cool off outside at night so I plan to draw that air in to cool my hood.

I will be starting to top and train them soon. Also want to take some mother clones from them this time.

Here are some pics.

Pic 1 - Punky Lion
    Pic 2 - Hash Plant Haze
    Pic 3 - side view

Attached Files:

18. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

So I hooked up the MH and transplanted the haze. Will transplant the lion tomorrow when the soil dries up a bit. Running the MH at 360w for now. Hopefully they will be taking off under the HID.

19. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Ok got a few pics of the ladies settling into new pots and under the ushio MH.

So I had my carbon scrubber disconnected for a few days while I was trying to figure out the best way to route the ducting... that haze stinks hard. The entire basement stunk today when I got home so I had to quickly figure something out and connect it. Havent had a sativa dominant strain in awhile and im looking forward to it.

Plan on making some sort of window box in the next few days. Going over different designs on paper to find one that gives me what I want.

Temps now with the MH are between 74-79f and 38-42% humidity.

These are 15 days from seed.

Pic 1 - ladies love the HID.
    Pic 2 - Hash plant haze. LST in progress.
    Pic 3 - Punky Lion.

:stoned::stoned:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  20. GetThisOrDie

GetThisOrDie Registered+

Whats up?

Plants are about 3wks veg and doing great. Havent had to give them any nutes yet. Growth slowed down a bit when I was running in the low 70s so I have it running at 78-80 now and they are picking up the growth again. I plan one flipping the lights in maybe 2 wks. Have to go tomorrow to pick up some more FFOF... 45 miles away. Thats the nearest place that I can find that sells it.

Here are some pics.

Hashplant haze is the bushy one on the left.

Attached Files: