Anti-biotics.

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by malachyisntdead, Apr 5, 2006.

1. malachyisntdead

malachyisntdead Registered

So i'm on anti-biotics for tonsillitis. I was wondering can I still toke, or will it mess with the anti-biotics/ have any odd side-effects?

2. LIP

LIP Banned

Nope. You'd be FINE

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the active substance in cannabis, the thing that makes it illegal has anti-biotic properties... So i use cannabis to treat things like infections, espesh chest infections, gets rid of them alot quiker than 500mg tabs of penicillin anti biotics.

If anything it make you recover quicker and get you high while doing it.

3. Bong30

Bong30 Registered+

Drinking is the NO nO...while on antibiotics

4. malachyisntdead

malachyisntdead Registered

My course ends on Friday, can I drink on Saturday?

5. LIP

LIP Banned

Well, yeah, but personally I'd wait untill Sunday. Drinking doesnt actually do anything bad, but it cancells out the anti biotics, so they'd be no point in tkaing them.

6. FLORIDA MON

FLORIDA MON Registered+

Smoking MJ irritates the linings of the nasopharangeal cavity as well as the lungs.

Most Dr's will recommend that you eat it instead of smoking if you must.

MJ does not contradict antibiotics BUT, the irritation could leave you susceptable to a secondary infection or lengthen your current healing process despite the antibiotics.

7. Gen

Gen Registered+

I have avoided the use of antibiotics for 12 years. There are different ways to treat infection. Homeopatic medicine and herbals. Drink alot of water and be sure to take acidophilus anytime you have to take them.

8. beachguy in thongs

beachguy in thongs Registered+

Just remember that your heart speeds up, comparable to going for a jog, and then slows down in moderation as you're getting high.

Whatever the antibiotics do to your heart will exacerbate it. You won't need much to get all paranoid.