Any ideas how to use Two 40' x 8' shipping containers for my grow?

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Jeff P., Jan 11, 2018.

1. Jeff P.

Jeff P. Registered

Hello , I recently acquired two 40' x 8' cargo containers that were being used as bedrooms but had to be removed when the Man from the City finally noticed them. Code violation. Anyway one mans bad luck
    turns out to be my good luck, (got them for free), and now I'm trying to decide the ultimate way I could put them to use for my future garden. One vegetative and one flowering is kinda obvious, but maybe not.
    Looking for some tips and ideas to put together the ultimate set up. I would like to say "Money is no object",
    but it is so lets keep it practical and possible. I know a lot of you have some great ideas and i"m thinking I will read them all and combine the best to build the best grow system i can, with all your help.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I've seen online where people have done that, but they usually bury the containers to limit the day to day temperature swings of mother nature. Generally they have not been legal grows, and footage is or was shot by curiosity seekers long after a police raid and the containers are considered abandoned. Cost of the electricity alone for using a single 8' x 40' long container, even buried, would be substantial.

Generally speaking, law enforcement tends to destroy it to the point where, other than burying the containers themselves, you'd have to start nearly from scratch to set it up as a grow operation.

Laws are changing though. Been a few years since I watched a video along those lines.