Any Religious potheads out there?

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by brave little toaster, May 31, 2006.

1. funkysole808

funkysole808 Registered

I think I have just found my religion. Thousands of people smoke cannabis religiously, including myself. We are protected by the 1st Amendment, and have not lost a court case yet. I'm not kidding, check it out for yourselves at: www.thc-ministry.org

Peace from the aloha state:Rasta:

2. evoldeewecaep

evoldeewecaep Registered

Hey man

I am christian man, and God is most important to me in my life.

there idn't a thing wrong with tokin it up man, as long as you de herb don't become your idol. When you start thinkin bout de herb more than de Lord, you know you be strayin too far man.

God don't be carin whether ya be smokin man, he cares that he be da main of your life man, you understand?

:Rasta::Rasta:

3. ziggyb

ziggyb Registered

My two cents...

I agree with 'EVOLDEEWEDAEP', with a few personal exceptions. I've been a Christian for 6 years and a pot smoker for more than half of my 35 years. A couple years into my walk with The Lord, I have been convicted about my personal pot use. It is clearly deterring and stunting me from doing all the things in my life that I want to do. This was true before I was a Christian, too.

The long and short of it is, one's relationship with God is a very personal thing, as is their 'relationship' and motivations for smoking.

Another couple of comments: According to the Bible, we are to be sober minded and admonished against being drunk. Yes, God put all the herbs on the planet, as well as poisonous, deadly ones. He gave us knowledge and the ability to learn. He gave us our natural state of consciousness (our soul, which is eternal). Being high IS an altered state of consciousness, no matter how pleasant it seems.

But, most definitely, God being first in our lives is, by far, the most important thing to focus on, if we want to be close to Him and blessed as well. I am still working on all of this, and I know, for me, He doesn't want me smoking. And each time I disobey, well, it's clear I'm not putting Him first.:(

4. chris62008

chris62008 Registered+

well stated. I have to agree. I believe smoking weed is a sin if you are abusing it. Smoking a joint once or twice a day is ok. But once it starts controlling your life and taking away the things that are most important, THAN it's a problem or SIN.

5. PureEvil760

PureEvil760 Registered+

I find it good, when I find myself in a mental cage weed sometimes shatters it.. or at least makes it seem more roomy.

6. chris62008

chris62008 Registered+

agreed! marijuana is usually the only thing that can calm me down after stress. I cannot control my stress real well and it's bad sometimes. Marijuana is very effective in calming me down and helping me relax.

7. nonymoose

nonymoose Registered

What About the Commandment....

"Thou shalt bear no false witness". Has anyone stopped to think of all the lies it took to convince Congress they should make marijuana illegal? All the movies made depicting marijuana smokers as lunatics out to cause murder and mayhem; absolutely ludicrous! And there are lots more than just "Reefer Madness".

I, too, am a pot smoking Christian; I base my pot smoking on several things: 1. I like it. 2. Jesus said, "It's not what goes into man that defiles him, but what comes out." So, watch what you say, and do. 3. I have had many great bible studies while enjoying one of God's greatest plant creations.

I find that it soothes me and slows me down enough for God to get my attention the way He would like to, while I'm reading His Word. It puts me in a state of wanting to listen rather than talk. In this manner, the Holy Spirit is able to share with me things I would not have understood otherwise, and I've been a Christian since 1983.

Since then I have never experienced condemnation by the Holy Spirit for smoking cannabis. I just read that it was used in the Holy anointing oil and as incense for the Temple worship in Israel back in the days of Moses and Aaron.

It can put you in that child like state of mind that Jesus says is essential for entering into the Kingdom of Heaven. It can help you focus and get the feeling of what it actually means to "repent of this life" and "abandon all for the sake of the kingdom"; something we don't see at all in the church body of this country.

My prayer for pot smokers is that they would begin to allow God and His Christ to minister to them in the way He wants to, and begin to show them just exactly how much He loves them, and that He does not condemn them for partaking of His creation.

Realize that Satan is the ruler of the world governments, and he obviously has good reasons for wanting to keep marijuana illegal. If you want to call marijuana a gateway drug, then so be it, but understand that it can be a gateway to understanding the Word of God. So, grab your bong and your Bible!

8. 420IAMthatIAM

420IAMthatIAM Registered+

....peace..friend!every thing i say here is only for getting your soul into the peace zoneit's not the cannabis thats the bad guy here...
    the cannabis is only magnifying your true self;the culprit here is not the cannabis.the first step in being one with GOD is to be honest with ones self...GOD is the one who is going to fulfill HIS plan for all our lives.remember it's his plan!!

9. 420IAMthatIAM

420IAMthatIAM Registered+

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. first lie... the son of virgin spoken of here is'nt jesus it's Immanuel Gen 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
    Gen 11:2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
    Gen 11:3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
    Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
    Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
    Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
    Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
    Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth:
    and they left off to build the city.
    from this story we can understand a couple of things; one the people were in harmony with one and other,each man had bits of truth, went his way became a country, became a religion. so all religions have bits of truth, no religion knows what that bit of truth is .they just think they are the truth...its up to us to gather those bits of truth and enjoy!:postreadfaq::detective1::abduct:

10. christian4cannabis

christian4cannabis Registered+

Cannabis has been given to us by God for sure! To be enjoyed, and to be utilized to open your mind up to God, and also medicinally. They used to use cannabis in the old testament to make incense that was burned on the altar in the tabernacle before you entered into the holy of holies, and as anointing oil for it's medicinal qualities.

11. silent leprechaun

silent leprechaun Registered+

I'm a non-believer but an over-achiever ! :)

Just kidding :)

12. silent leprechaun

silent leprechaun Registered+

Why do religious people use such large font sizes ? Are they shouting ?

13. dzydeb

dzydeb Registered+

I agree, silent leprechaun. I think they are shouting. I'm so glad I left "Religion" behind and started acting like a child of Yah. Religion is arrogance. Accepting that I am just a child, brings me into the correct perspective of who I really am, and my true relationship with the Creator.

Smoking Cannabis is not a sin, unless you make it so.

14. christian4cannabis

christian4cannabis Registered+

Completely agree dzydeb a personal relationship is the only way to go! I don't understand why people want to use bigger and bigger fonts, it just make me want to skip past and not even read what they type.

15. angel119

angel119 Registered

I am a spiritual person. I do regularly attend a Christian church. What does Jesus think of me smoking? I don't know but I think He's cool with it. I believe it's made me a better person, for one thing. Certainly i am more patient, joyful, loving, and peaceful, for example. How can that be so bad? I'm not hurting anyone so I don't think it's a sin. But like with anything, you have to have your boundries. I consider myself to be a very responsible user, and I try to live by a certain code of ethics I have for myself. There's a time and a place for it. If something bothers your conscience, avoid it, but I have no remorse or regrets about starting because I really don't believe it's wrong.

16. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

I go to church regularly and I always go stoned. It assists with my reasoning, I believe.

17. nascarmike

nascarmike Registered+

What's is your heart is what counts. As far as I can tell it comes down to this the bible say ALL the law and the prophets comes down to loving God and loving your fellow man. It don't seem all that complicated.

18. 32yrslater

32yrslater Registered+

You want religious advice? Well here's mine...I was was born and raised Catholic. Any Church's Christian related are break away's (Protestant) because they didn't believe everything as the Catholics did/do. Do I believe all the Church BS? NO!! I'm a "free thinker". Folks that aren't have a tendency to follow just about anything...and we know there's some weird stuff out there...like the Korishtians for example (spelled wrong?) David Koresh..he told people he was God and they believed him...and subsequently burnt to death via ATF.

I'm not going to tell you what to think but what do YOU think? What would Jesus say?...send you to hell?

19. low_rdr

low_rdr Registered+

Just like 32yrslater:

Born and raised catholic, but I'll just quote the bible:

Genesis 1:12 - And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

God thinks its good. I tend to agree :thumbsup:

20. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Registered+

Pantheist, though I was raised Lutheran. I agree with 32yrslater as well, you need to be a free thinker. You can't follow what normal humans tell you.
    Besides, weed is a plant, a natural thing and, if you believe in a god that created the world, then that means he created this plant as well. And if you don't feel like it's affecting your life negatively, then don't worry about it.