Any thoughts/ Advice

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by LimboLarckey, Dec 4, 2016.

1. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey All,
    This will be my first -post about my first attempt at growing Cannabis indoors. I feel i may have put my plants under some undo stress in the beginning as i was all too excited to give them the light they require.

I started with Clones under a 300 Watt LED (KING LED Brand) 12 in from the top of my plants and in my small veg tent the temperatures soared to 89 degrees. I kept them under the LED for another two days while managing the temperatures with an exhaust fan.

I started seeing discoloration in some of the larger fan leaves and browning on some of the newer growth. I assumed lightburn and have since kept them under a 2ft 4 bulb T5 panel. I have been keeping them on an 18/6 cycle. However in the past two weeks i have only seen minor improvement with new growth and still my fan leaves are yellowing and browning. (See Pictures)

My questions are thus:
    For the 5 Plants i have now, is the lighting i am providing adequate? ( I was thinking about getting another 2 ft 4 bulb panel)

Could this issue be a lack of nutrients?

My Humidity is hard to maintain and is consistently in the low 30's, i mist 3 times daily! Any easy recommendations before i go out and buy a humidifier?

Lastly why is this site not letting me post pictures?

2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

12" is way too close for starting out with clones (or seedlings) under LED, imho. 24 " would serve you better until you see vigorous growth, then begin to lower the light gradually. 12" is ideal while in full flower. I really can't comment further without seeing what's going on. The site's image uploader is fucked up currently, you can try tinypic.com if you like. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

With your led at 24" what's the temp at canopy level?

Site seems to be having issues. Use tinypic.com to host image as work around.

4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya I just parrot what he says lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

haha thanks all for the replies I am quite terrified to put them back under LED until i identify the issues i'm having.

Wagon i got the canopy temp down to 76 degrees Fahrenheit.

thanks for the suggestion: please find links to pictures below and let me know what you think:
    http://tinypic.com/r/35b9g9l/9

http://tinypic.com/r/2pyz3bn/9

6. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Could this be Cal Mag deficiency?
    http://tinypic.com/r/5120c2/9

Just thought i would post again to hopefully stir some more helpful comments?

-halp!

7. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey Dirty Blue,
    Just thought i would ping you since i posted pictures! can you take a look and help me out?

8. DirtyBlueGene

Well, I'm not at all sure, but you mentioned that you had been misting your plants several times a day, due to low humidity. The tiny water droplets tend to run together into larger drops and pool on the leaves. The light you provide can be magnified by the water drops and burn the leaves. Stop the misting and see if you find any new dead spots on the leaves.

9. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

I will absolutely do that! how often should I be misting?

I ordered Cal-Mag is that safe to use as another sense check or do you feel like this is not a deficiency issue?

• Like Like x 1
  10. DirtyBlueGene

Don't mist the plants at all, so that you can determine whether new spots occur in the absence of water drops. Can you drape a wet towel or similar in the tent to provide some humidity?

11. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

haha gotcha ok no more misting!!! ...so then I should wait to see if this works before adding any Cal-Mag correct?

12. DirtyBlueGene

Yes, you should hold off on the cal-mag for now. If you stop the misting and add cal-mag at the same time, and then see recovery, you'll never know what caused the problem. :)

13. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Haha ok
    thank you so much for getting back to me.
    Game Plan: No more misting (5-7 days)...then re-evaluate!

MUCH APPRECIATED!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DirtyBlueGene

Take a good look at some leaves that are undamaged, and watch those leaves over the next two days or so to see if any new damage shows on those noted leaves. If there is new damage, we can eliminate the water drops as the source of the damage. PH fluctuation can cause similar markings, overwatering too, so we want to find out what's going on and remedy it soon. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Dude you rule, I do ph my water every time and Ph tested my soil last night which came our looking neutral! ! I will keep you posted!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I use straight tap water left sitting for a few days. I had a cal mag issue when I was using distilled water or filtered.
    What do you use?

Ph one thing I don't monitor. The ph perfect nutrients do they job. When they run out I'll be switching to another brand of nutes, then I'll have to get into phing water.

17. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

I use tap water as well, which actually comes out close to ph neutral, I might invest in a digital ph test so inventory can nail down to the digit!

did your plants with Cal mag deficiencies look like mine?

18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Was smaller rust spots starting closer to the center of the leaf. So it looked similar.

Can you see it spreading every day? How many of the 5 are effected?

19. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Two of the five are showing clear signs of brown/ yellowing with some brittle dry leaves. Mind you these two underwent the stress of LED lights being placed too close and temperature issues. I am curious if this undo stress led to these two having more problems.

20. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

UPDATE: So i have stopped misting my plants for 5 days now and unfortunately am still seeing yellowing and brown spots :(. I have also started seeing some white powdery mildew on my leaves. While for the most part things are looking healthy, I once again have some questions:

1) Is it safe to say the yellowing is due to a Nutrient Deficiancy? If so and assuming it is a Cal Mag deficiency, do alternate watering with Nute water and Cal Mag? Is that too many nutes for my plants to handle, and i should also water with Ph'd Water only within that rotation?

2) I Am thinking i am close to re-potting two of my plants (theyll be going into 5 gallon cloth bags which i think will be my final transfer before fruiting...As i am also moving these 2 to my bigger tent ( on a veg cycle back under 2 x 300W LED) should i wait a few more days or a week before transplanting and moving them under different lighting all at the same time?

3) How big will these get in 5 gallon pots? I know that is a trivial question so bare with me .

Pictures to follow: