Any thoughts/ Advice

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by LimboLarckey, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

haha. wrong.
    Light is radiation and strong radiation may burn living tissue. Sunburn, whether it's hot out or your at polar regions with below zero air temps as long as the sun is bright (and reflecting off the white surfaces increases the amount of radiation received).

2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

ROFL you need to learn what the ionosphere is dude

3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Now hold on there friends.
    Maybe the laws of physics do not apply in Alabama. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

lol guys its called thread hijacking.... you are all guilty of it, why dont you exchange numbers and chat offline and cut it out. I appreciate the input but this isn't facebook.

5. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Lol you know what I mean, i certainly appreciate input, but when it turns into a full blown back forth its a little frustrating is all. I don't care that much just saying, weve had the internet for a while now, and a difference of opinion/understanding of the facts is inevitable. You put your arguments out there, thats all you can do!

6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Indeed. :)

You did get 2 full pages of excellent advice from DBG before it went off-track though.
    That might be a record. :D

Back on topic.
    You seem to have your grow handled now.
    How else can we be of service?

Aloha,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 2
  7. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Haha true blue! At the moment i think i have it handled.

*Update* I have enlarged my veg tent to 2'x4'x5' height and am testing out removing my T5 panel for LED for a full LED grow. My Temps are holding and Day 2 my seedlings look happy albeit a bit lighter green than i would hope for but im hoping thats normal :/

I DO have a question come to think of it. How often should i be pruning my vegged plants? All 3 Gorilla Glue Clones are Bushy as all get out to the point where i cant find the damn stem...this may be a good problem to have but im wondering if i should start pruning now to give focus to the upper half of the plant or if all pruning should occur a few weeks into flower aka lollypopping?

-Toad

8. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

The pics are good enough to see that the plants look healthy. :thumbsup: I think the screen is a good idea and should help to maximize your yield under the LEDs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Oh Dirty Blue How i have missed you, haha Thanks man i'm getting stoked! I just ordered all the materials i need to start cloning....also very interested in grafting to a mother ...but im getting ahead of myself haha

10. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

"I DO have a question come to think of it. How often should i be pruning my vegged plants? All 3 Gorilla Glue Clones are Bushy as all get out to the point where i cant find the damn stem...this may be a good problem to have but im wondering if i should start pruning now to give focus to the upper half of the plant or if all pruning should occur a few weeks into flower aka lollypopping? "

Excellent question.
    But your first question should be, "Will topping, or fimming benefit this particular plant?"
    I'm just saying, it's a good idea to grow a strain as normally as possible for it's first harvest. Take notes, and pictures, then decide how to augment it's natural bent. :)

Aloha,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Eep, I got fairly excited with the notion of Topping and Fimming and pretty much went to town on all of my plants, (Including my seedlings at the 4th node in hopes for an actual SCROG grow). That being said apart from topping and fimming should i be trimming lower growth that will most likely be well below canopy when set into flower. ... I think i know your answer and correct me if im wrong but: As this is my first go around i should bring it to fruition without overthinking to get a baseline of results correct?

12. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Could not have said it mo' betta myself. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. DirtyBlueGene

Everything's gonna be alright, some experienced growers have taken an interest in your thread. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

• Like Like x 1
  15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

It gets worse! :D
    I just assembled a new LED light that I didn't actually need because, it's, well, just so damn cool. :)
    single chip.JPG too bright.jpg
    How's that for a hijack. :)
    Aloha,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 3
  16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I started out and continued with lst and topping. Fimming was hit or miss for me.
    Lst is great you get a nice even canopy but I think it is a bit more work then a scrog. You don't have to continually tape and bend down the branches with a scrog just thread them along.
    If you can fit a scrog in there go for it. The one thing is your plants are stuck there until harvest. You can't move them or anything and access is limited to them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey Wagon,
    I have been using LST to achieve an even canopy but will be setting up a SCROG type setup when i go to flower....silly question but once the screen is set up, i will undo all of my LST ties right?

-Toad

18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya once the screens in place you can remove them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey All,
    I built the framework to two PVC squares for my SCROG and drilled holes. Two questions:

1)
    Will i need multiple frameworks for a SCROG or do i just adjust the same screen up throughout flower?

2)
    As per material for the trellis grid or what have you, what are your recommendations, I was planning on going with the weedwacker plastic? Eh?

Ill post pictures once i'm done, for tomorrow they go to flower!!!! :D

-TOad

20. DirtyBlueGene

1) No, you use just the one frame, usually set about 10" above the soil. You tuck all branches under the screen radiating outward and when they grow upward through the screen you just gently bring them under again and move them out to the next hole, repeat as necessary.

2) That weed wacker line is too stiff (and expensive), IMHO. I just get some colored string from the dollar store. If the materiel used is too stiff there is no give and can make the tucking procedure more difficult than it needs to be.

• Agree Agree x 1