Any thoughts/ Advice

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by LimboLarckey, Dec 4, 2016.

1. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Thanks Dirty! Unfortunately i went ahead with the the weedwacker line...ha! we shall see how it turns out, i spaced my line every two inches and made an adjustment for a bit looser line so i can hopefully have a little bit more play. For my first attempt in flower ill just be utilizing Sour OG and Locomotion because im optimistic and hoping these two will fill my tent with produce :p Pictures soon!

2. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Here we go! I only took pics of one plant after trimming the girls, so pictured is my gorilla glue trimmed up. I switched to flower, they are going to bed at midnight and starting 12/12 at 730pm tomorrow!

I watered with half dosage of Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and Bud Ignitor. I will keep you posted!

Thanks again all for all of your tips and tricks!

-Toad

Attached Files:

3. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Alrighty then. You have to move the plants into their permanent positions soon, think about how you want to lay it out and whether you want that fan to remain in the back there below the screen. Good luck, bro.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya good snipe DBG, he most likely doesn't want to keep the fan there or else it's gonna be trapped!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Thanks for the input all! MY thinking for leaving the fan there was to alleviate concerns with my soil staying moist for too long? Should i keep it there or maybe water a bit less each watering to ensure it dries in a timely fashion. As per plant positioning i did put some thought into which way the shoots/stems are leading and think i am in goods shape. Let me know about the fan though. Also is it alright i swapped over to the bloom nutrients without flushing with fresh PH water. The last watering they received was H20 only, and i suppose its too late now so well see what happens. :/

-Toad

6. DirtyBlueGene

Yeah, you didn't need to flush, your plants will be in transition for a while and will use up the grow nutes as needed until they are truly in bloom. As long as you can access the fan when you need to turn it off/on, should be alright, didn't realize it was solely to ensure the bags don't stay soaked, though they shouldn't anyway. Well you're into 12/12 now, when things get interesting. Carry on. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Thanks Dirty! I am very excited and will keep all of you posted as the weeks go on! I pulled 6 clones off the locomotion, its my first time with that as well so well see how my success rate turns out :p

I am eagerly awaiting my Vegmaster, i can't wait to get some more light in my veg tent!!!!!

-Toad

• Like Like x 1
  8. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey Dirty,
    I was curious if you or anyone on this forum might have some knowledge on the topic of grow room temps for LED lighting. While i was paroozing the CLW website, they mentioned that my air temps should be higher than if i were running HID's. See below. while its not a problem for me to increase air temps i was hoping i could get some weigh in here on the importance of staying around 83-85 degrees. Let me know your thoughts and see below for the excerpt i am referring to.

"When a leaf absorbs IR, it heats the leaf creating actual leaf temperatures of 5-7 degrees higher than the 78F degree air temperature. Thus with light sources rich in IR, an air temp of 78F is functionally 83F-85F to the plants metabolism. LED’s emit no IR, so to achieve similar metabolic rates found in HID or greenhouse conditions at 78F air temp, LED growers need to run the room air temp at 83F-85F. Air temp can also be lowered by 3F-5F in the last 2 weeks of flower to enhance ripening, but remember as relative humidity goes up the air temps go down, so be prepared to make adjustments accordingly."
    "Root zone temperature needs to also be monitored. Running the air temp higher than 85F generally REQUIRES proportionally cooler dark period air temps to maintain an average root zone temp below 75F. Oxygen saturation in water drops off rapidly above 75F. So allowing the average root zone temp to get much higher than 75F will starve the roots for oxygen no matter how much oxygenation you provide to your nutrient tanks. Also, root pathogens prefer high-temperatures and low-oxygen conditions. So running room air temps above 85F can be challenging for all but the most experienced growers. Cooler nutrient tank (60-75F) temps can also help maintain the root zone below 75F without having to change the dark period air temp. Nutrients should never be cooler than 60f at the time of watering."

9. DirtyBlueGene

Sorry I can't really help with that, bro. In soil or soilless medium such as pro-mix I try to keep tent temps between 67 and 84°F. That quote appears to refer to hydroponics, and I have no experience with it.

10. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

White Powdery Mildew is taking over my plants, can you all weigh in on home remedies or otherwise to help me get this problem under control? any and all input would be appreciated!

11. DirtyBlueGene

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Thanks Dirty!
    I bought some No More WHite Powdery Mildew after a recommendation from my local hydro store and put my fans on separate timers to work in the dark periods in both tents to keep that humidity down and things are looking up!

I got my solarstorm vegmaster and my plants are starting to explode in my veg tent. Ill post pictures later.

My clones of my Locomotion are looking healthy but 8 days later and NO signs of rooting coming out :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey All,
    I'm looking at humidifiers for my 3x3 tent, does anyone have any reccomendations? Hopefully one that will shut on and off to keep the room at a set humidity level? Let me know when you get a chance! :)

-Toad

14. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Locomotion budlet at 17 days out, i realize now after close to 3 weeks i probably shouldve took 4 plants to flower with a good 40% of my scrog unused :( other than a few nute burn sites i feel like im handling things as best i can. My only question comes to defoliation:

How much should i defoliate and when, i don't want to remove too much too soon but on the other hand there are fan leaves shading bud sites and i dont want them to get second class treatment ....decisions!

Attached Files:

15. DirtyBlueGene

I see open areas in the screen, so as you move the budlets into those spaces you will allow more light below. It's those buds above the screen that are gonna produce for you, those below will be mostly popcorn, so use discretion when trimming. I mostly just remove new sucker leaves below the screen and find that the older larger fan leaves just drop anyway when well into flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Thanks Dirty,
    Things are really coming along now in my tent ( i Have been taking a picture every day for a timelapse i hope to share of my first grow. I do have a concern with one of my plants in particular. It is showing lighter green to mild yellowing starting on the outside of the leaf and darker towards the center. All plants are showing a bit of discoloration per leaf with lighter patches of green. I thought it might be Cal Mag and have used the full dose (2 tspn of Cal Mag per gallon of H20) when watering with PH'd water. Ill have pictures tomorrow!

Kind Regards,

-Corey

17. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Here is the discoloration i am talking about, one of my other plants is starting show signs of it but one plant looks like that pretty much everywhere :/ ANy thoughts on what it could be?

Attached Files:

18. DirtyBlueGene

You really need to show the whole plant, and then take a close shot of a leaf while it's still on the plant. ;)

19. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

That mild blotchyness often precedes a white powdery mildew bloom.
    Take DBGs advice, he won't steer you wrong.

20. LimboLarckey

LimboLarckey Registered+

Hey All,
    Here is a picture of part of my canopy the plant in the back is the one showing the most issues but i am starting to see some lighter green patches on the plant at the bottom of the pic. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks AlL!

Attached Files: