Anyone ever test positive after 100 days?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by Kburn, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Kburn

Kburn Registered

Okay so first thing first. Im male 21 about 5'11" and around 180. I used to smoke what i would consider pretty good grade marijuana about a half oz. a week. I quit june 27th and thought a little over a month would be enough to get clean. On august 15th i took a drug test and still failed. I was working out everyday running a little over 3 miles at my local track. I stopped running after failing that test, now its November im going to take another one soon i recently started running again and really want to be clean. So my question is has anyone tested positive after 100 days? Anyone have any insight on about how long it will take before i am clean?

2. CallMeChong

CallMeChong Registered+

I smoked about the same amount as you (maybe a bit more) and much smaller frame. I have seen extreme cases where people fail being 100 days clean but these people are very overweight and much older. My case, 65 days with not much working out. I highly doubt it would take you 100 days. If you were working out all the way up to your test, that might have given you a spike in levels. I would say most people of normal size even heavy smokers are clean in 90 days or less. Google your question and you will see a few cases where people took longer than 100 days on some forums. There are a few but this is not likely for your size and age.

3. Kburn

Kburn Registered

Thanks for the reply. I have googled it and noticed that too but im just curious and probably a little paranoid. I started running again recently and its been a little over 100 days should i stop as it would cause a spike in my levels before the test or would this long after not make a difference?

4. CallMeChong

CallMeChong Registered+

You most likely have very little metabolites if any in your system at 100 days. Working out should not affect your levels at this point or spike enough to cause you to fail a urine test. I tend to be on the extra cautious side so if you do work out just make sure you stop 3 days before the actual test and eat a heavy meal the day before your test.

5. Kburn

Kburn Registered

Okay thank you for the advice. Im going to take a home test in a few days and take the actual test next week. I will post my results then. Does it make a difference that ive been smoking about 5 years?

6. CallMeChong

CallMeChong Registered+

The longer you smoke and amount you smoke makes a huge difference. A non habitual smoker will be clean in a much shorter time. A habitual but casual smoker ( like just once a week) will be clean in less time. The more you smoke, the more buildup of metabolites you have in the body. Having a high metabolism, low body fat, and being a daily exerciser can all help decrease your time of being clean but not by much for heavy smokers like you and me.

7. CallMeChong

CallMeChong Registered+

Just to put things in perspective, my 65 days was with no exercise after the first 30 days (felt it wasn't helping enough). Smoked everyday for past 6 years, half to one ounce a week of high grade. I am a female so naturally more body fat. Also in my thirties so metabolism for sure is slower than yours. 45 days clean, still failing miserably. Right at threshold (15 ng/ml) on day 52. Negative on day 65. Half-life of thc is about 7-10 days. I bet you were really close to passing and could have passed with slight dilution and stopping the exercise a few days before your test on 8/15.