PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Are Zippo lighters bad for bowls?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Fore20, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Fore20

Fore20 Banned

I roll up a fat joint or blunt once in a while, but I mostly smoke from my pipe. I was thinking of getting a zippo light, but would that be hard to light the bowl with? Kinda seems like it would, since the flame is a little different than a BIc lighter.

2. mfqr

mfqr Registered+

Yeah, you might not want to use a zippo for sparking up a bowl. Just use a bic... or any cheap lighter. Zippos can work for blunts and joints, though... and they are mostly used for tobacco products. That's really their purpose anyway ;).

3. friendoftheend

friendoftheend Registered+

It probably wouldnt be to hard to light a bowl with... But i dont think it would taste very good b/c of the lighter fluid..

4. Ezekiel 25:17

Ezekiel 25:17 Registered

I find when using a zippo, cornering your bowl become harder. The flame is sometimes bigger and goes all over the place because it uses a wick and fluid, but it does stay lit in the wind much better. I would say only get one unless your smoking cigarettes or trying to impress the ladies with your zippo tricks.

5. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Registered+

It's very bad to light with, and it does taste like shit.

Bic's are the way to go.

6. friendoftheend

friendoftheend Registered+

Word!:jointsmile:

7. blazed620

blazed620 Registered+

agreed ^

8. slpntrx5

slpntrx5 Registered+

whoops. double post. :wtf:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  9. slpntrx5

slpntrx5 Registered+

you could run to a tobacco/headshop and grab a pipe lighter.

they're pretty cool.

the flame comes out the side, instead of the top, so your hand stays vertical when you light it.

i like 'em.

:)

10. ryanses

ryanses Registered+

yea the zippo makes the weed taste a little zippo fluidy. i dont think its bad, but its better to use a bic or some cheap lighter, i hate those tweaker lighters tho, the ones that shoot out a huge flame sometimes

11. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

Use a $2 BIC, can't go wrong. :thumbsup:

12. nicandy

nicandy Registered+

Whoa! I remember when there was no Bics! I used to have a Colibri (very nice and a little bit chic!) for going out, and a Zippo for work! What a pain that was to run outa fuel! Or when the flint wore out... Aaaah! the good old days...:hippy:

13. 666300

666300 Registered+

Id say stick with Bic.

14. TheAtomicPunk

TheAtomicPunk Registered+

I think the zippo fluid you inhale just tastes like shit... Bic forever... :stoned:

15. TheAtomicPunk

TheAtomicPunk Registered+

Yea the other problem with a zippo is that the flame can no longer be used to light a bowl when it's upside down... That doesn't help...

16. Bongalicious

Bongalicious Registered+

crickets are the best

17. rebgirl420

rebgirl420 Registered+

I dont like zippos for smoking pot. Sure they have cool designs and they look better than a bic but bics are the way to go.

18. Blitzed

Blitzed Banned

Zippos are more for show really, but do find them to do alright for lighting hitters.

19. CannabisCrooz

CannabisCrooz Registered+

save the zippo for blunts or joints, there always nice to pull out when your sparking up a joint at a party or something and wanna impress :)

ive only smoked a bowl a couple times with one, i didnt really taste anything different but i did burn myself a bit. if you got a bic use that

20. if it's so bad why would htey make pipe zippos???

i stilll say use a regular butane lighter.... i love the taste of zippo lit cigs.... but weed has a good flavor... i wanna taste as much of it as possible... not hide it..