PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Aroura Indica CFL Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by camoxnhx, Apr 21, 2009.

1. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

So now that I just got in my seeds yesterday. So I have 2 seeds germanating ATM along with my white rhino I have in there. I also got some new nutrients. So I'm going to upload some pics here in a hour or so

2. jakezking

jakezking Registered+

camoxnhx, I'm looking forward to seeing you around again, my friend. I wish you much luck with this grow, as it seems you had some issues with your last? Regardless, I know you will have much success with this grow, and I'm looking forward to the White Rhino! What are the other genetics that you're growing?

Be good out there!

3. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

thanks man much apprecatied. Yes during my last grow some stuff went wrong and my mazar got some bud rot on it but the stuff that didnt it was some head turning smoke. The Genetics i got was Aroura Indica, Super Silver Haze, and my Mazar x Afgaini so i plan on doing the A.I. and W.R. atm, but will do a different grow for my S.S.H. :) I was just thinking that if my W.R. is male im gonna collect some pollen to pollnate a clone of my A.I when/if its female. So heres my setup.

SOIL= mircal Grow African Violet
    Light= 6 26 Watt CFL (12/12 sexing W.R.) (will have on 18/6)
    Grow Enviorment= Card Board Box
    Demensions= 17 5/8 inches long x 26 1/2 inches tall x 13 inches wide
    Age= W.R. is 3 weeks 2 days. Aroura Indica i started germanting on 4/20/2009
    Ventilation= 2 Fans (one for exaust and air movingment inside). 1 passive intake

Attached Files:

4. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

Also is there any other nutreints that are a plus to add to this. i also have mircal grow liquid plant food for the veg state (just for now) and how much of that should i add when i apply nutrients to the W.R. i plan on keeping my A.I. completely orgainic.

Attached Files:

5. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

So my A.I. cracked outta it's shell so I just planted my seed so now the project starts! Woo!

6. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

so i realized that i have some foliage burn on my W.R. from when i appled the calcium to it so whats the best method for foilage feeding?

7. jakezking

jakezking Registered+

camoxnhx, sorry I can't help you with your questions. I have never fed my plants through their leaves - surely there is something on this board about the subject; you may just want to do a quick search. I would imagine any nutes would have to be highly diluted. Also, as for your MG nute question, best way is to check the instructions, then back them off by at least 1/2, if not down to 1/4 strength. You may dial them up from there, but just start off very cautiously would be my suggestion.

As with any advice I give, please take it with a grain of salt. I'm only on my 3rd grow, and I still have worlds to learn. As with most other things in my life, I learn things the hard way - through trial and error.

Best of luck to you, my friend. Your White Rhino looks good, as does your setup. I'm looking forward to seeing that AI grow. Pretty soon, I'll share some pics of all of my babies - have to start a new log here. I'm just waiting on my Lemon Skunk, Northern Lights, and Sour Cream to pop, then I'll share some pics of my others that are about 24 days veg (Old School, Colombian Red Haze, PPP, and Bubblelicious).

Keep on keepin' on!

8. fluid69

fluid69 Registered+

foiler feeding is not recommended. i've read that a couple of places on here. plants are looking good.

9. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

So I'm sexing my W.R and it's been a week for 12/12 and no sign yet, but I was wondering if I should apply some of my Neptune orgainic 2-4-1 or should I give it a small amount of Schultz Orchid Food 19-31-17 to help with the sexing? also what is the point of adding mollasses and Epsom salt?

10. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

Also when would be the best time to start LST on my W.R?

11. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

So my A.I. popped out of the soil today so I'm a bit excited. I also started to germinate a Super Sliver Haze because I want some fine medication. With the W.R. Still no shin of sex.

12. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

So my white rhino was male. So now it's onto my A.I.

13. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

so its day 5 out of the soil of my Aurora Indica life. So i also modified my box a bit more. I extended my intake by 7 inches to help increase airflow being brought into my box. I also added another out-take fan just incase one dies and to help move air into and out of my box; i also made a new vent system to help the noise and light reducion. Now one thing that completely boggles my mind is my new set of leaves is turning purple (is this becasue of genetics). I also added a pic of the Shultz Orchid Bloom. well heres some pics on my update! :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  14. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

And of my A.I.

Attached Files:

15. bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn Registered+

What kind of soil are you using for your seedlings?

16. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

I just picked up some compost from my local garden greenhouse store and I also added some the little bit of mircal grow African violet (about a 1/4 cup). The temps are at a steady 76F. I haven't applyed nutrients yet. But when I do it will be the Neptunes Fish Fert I have. My ph is a 6.0. Hope that helps.

17. bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn Registered+

Hmm... I thought compost was only an additive to soil... and probably way to hot for seedlings.

And isn't the African Violet a fert?

18. camoxnhx

camoxnhx Registered+

Now I have the soil type not the fert. My cup is slightly warm but doesn't seem to be hot. Now I know compsot is a additive but it's not a lot in the cup. When I transplant I'm going to get some orgainic soil.

19. bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn Registered+

Yeah good idea. Seedlings only need a seedling starter soil and water. Remember to get perlite also, even if the soil already has it, it could probably use a little more.

When I say "hot", I meant too much nutrients, not the temps. When the soil is too hot, the leaves will start to burn from the tips.

20. syde00

syde00 Registered+

They do make African Violet soil mix as well, i've seen this one uhm... i think at Home Depot in Canada:

Modugno-Hortibec

it actually looks like it might be a pretty good mix... but like you said, could probably still use some more perlite in it... but it does say it has a high humus content which is nice for keeping the Ph buffered.

I'm using that company's (Hortibec) soil right now... i used their seedling starter mix which does contain compost, but i am using the vegetabl garden & herb mix as my main soil, but i added perlite and vermiculite to it. I probably woulda gone for that African Violet stuff, but if i recall, it was only available in really small packages when i was shopping around.

is interesting about growing in more or less compost alone though... i would of thought that would of been really hot like you mentioned as well... but perhaps with the little bit of MG african violet soil that toned it down a bit