Barneys’ Kookies Kush and Tangerine Dream.

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by TomSawyer2112, Aug 20, 2018.

1. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

So. There’s 20 more buds of various lengths not pictured but this is the main top (10”). Tangerine Dream finished out very lovely. It was beginnng to show some stresss towards the end due to being rootbound in the 5 gallon canvas pot. But the tricomes are nice and cloudy and there’s a bunch of gold and red hairs. Sorry for the pic quality. Thinking I got some sticky on the camera lense. 35CF6EA1-CC77-473B-BAC6-2BB25029D4AB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TomSawyer2112

Cookies Kush is still in the tent but she’s huge. She should be ready in the next day or two.

3. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Those Buds look great. Wish I could get some to grow that big. I think my biggest bud on a plant so far has only been about 6" long. The last plant I had I flowered for 12 weeks trying to get bigger buds. I did get about an oz. more than usual but it doesn't seem as potent as the plants I only flowered for 8 - 9 weeks. I don't know if they start losing potency at a certain point in flower if you don't harvest … but it sure seems that way.
    I did have 1 bud that was about 12" long, but it was a cutting I took to determine sex. The cutting grew into 1 big bud with no side branches. That bud wasn't very potent either. But all the rest of the stuff that only flowered 8 - 9 weeks was excellent.
    Do these plants with the fruit names "Tangerine Dream, Orange Punch, etc." actually taste anything like the fruit ? I've been avoiding them because of the fruit names as I don't like any citrus type of fruit. I'm more of an Apple, Plum, pear & banana type of person. Citrus is too acidic for my liking.
    But Cookies Kush sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Going to have to try that one.
    I'll be ordering that one plus some more Fire OG seeds as so far I like it the best.
    I have 14 different kinds of seeds on their way now (3-5 seeds ea.) so we'll see if I get a new favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TomSawyer2112

There was a day or two a few weeks ago where they seemed to have a smell of chocolate. Not sure though. Right now they have a very lemony/fresh cut almost lemongrass/mustard aroma.
    The roots which are drying in another location have an almost fresh like cabbage like aroma.
    Cookies hasn’t finished yet. Smells very citrus chemical/diesel aroma. And the fat sticky buds are loaded with gold hairs.
    They say these strains have certain flavors. But I’m not sure my tastebuds will ever really appreciate it.

5. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

• Like Like x 1
  6. TomSawyer2112

Yes. That’s a great option that would be ideal! However, I have No room in my tiny fridge, and no place to put another spare fridge without creating questions and suspicion, however the room where they cure is isolated from heaters, light and elements. There’s almost zero light and it’s winter time so the room stays below 65F. And it’s RH is always around 32-40%. Air and RH can be circulated and modified as needed, and temp control is in place. Zero pests and no exposure to outdoor elements. I strived hard to make sure the drying/curing process is as clinical as possible. It worked fanastic last grow and no one even noticed a smell.
    Here is the Cookies Kush as of yesterday. She’s lonely. 818C5180-A61D-40F9-9AE3-F0D2D82BB669.jpeg

I will be popping a bud off tomorrow to look at under a microscope to see if she’s ready. She’s also now showing signs of being rootbound. These 5 gallon pots are still too small for my needs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

yum

• Like Like x 1
  8. TomSawyer2112

32986BE3-E647-4B8E-9FC3-EEF01E18CA88.jpeg
    E0B29988-C47F-4465-A242-701F5B0B454D.jpeg
    Say goodbye to Cookies! She’s finished.
    Good night! Drive safe! Don’t forget to tip your waitress/waiters!
    Another project complete.
    21 branches on Tangerine Dream
    23 branches on Cookies Kush.
    Barney’s rocks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TomSawyer2112

Okay. This Tangerine Dream strain is basically weaponized weed. One bowl. Four hits. Coughed my brains out. Tripping balls. Psychedelic visuals. I need to limit my intake to a much smaller bowl. 12 hours later, I still feel really good and buzzy. Flavor was intense. Once the intensity eased up a bit, I was able to sleep really well. During the first 4 hours tho... HOLY F**€. Just sat and stared at the TV smiling. Tripping my balls off. Ended up watching Reefer Madness (RiffTrax version). LOL.

• Funny Funny x 1