PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Bi-Polar Type 2 = Medical Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Dispensary' started by daydreamering, Nov 13, 2010.

1. daydreamering

daydreamering Registered

Hi, I am 22 years old and have had Bi-Polar disorder type 2. I smoke marijuana pretty frequently. I live in Arizona where Prop 203 just passed legalizing the use of medical marijuana.

My question is would I qualify to get a medical recommendation for marijuana based on my diagnosis of Bi-Polar disorder type 2?

Please help me out and thanks for reading!

Daydreamer

2. budlover13

budlover13 Registered+

IDK about Arizona law, but from a medical standpoint, I saw a psychiatrist about 6 months ago for a severe bout of depression I was enduring. She actually told me that MMJ was probably the cause. I obviously questioned her diagnosis since I've been smoking cannabis for about 20 years now and the depression just came on this year. After she actually LISTENED to what I had to say, she agreed that something else was the trigger(losing my job and fighting health issues). She still insisted that MMJ was depressing me. I don't know what the prevalent opinion is in the psychiatric community, but this was my experience.

3. gypski

gypski Registered+

The measure will allow patients with diseases including cancer, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and any other "chronic or debilitating" disease that meets guidelines to buy more 2 1/2 ounces of marijuana every two weeks or grow plants. said Andrew Myers, campaign manager for the Arizona Medical Marijuana Policy Project. "Moving forward it's our responsibility to help implement a program that Arizona can be proud of."

According to this statement from this article. It sounds to me, if your bi-polarism is debilitating, you'd qualify if you can get a doctor to sign and have the medical history. Check Granny Storm Crows list. Its here on the forum. :thumbsup:

Arizona voters approve medical marijuana in nail-biter vote | Raw Story

4. BlazeLove108

BlazeLove108 Registered+

She maintains that position because part of her job is to lie to you to get you to take other drugs.

I have been off all the other stuff for a while now, and have never been happier.

5. budlover13

budlover13 Registered+

Same here. She put me on Seroquel and Effexor. I really WAS stoned. TOO stoned. Couldn't think clearly, was very moody(thought that was what they were supposed to help with!), and was having HORRIBLE nightmares. I medicate for fibro mainly, and I have gone from 11 prescriptions down to 4. NONE of which are narcotic.:jointsmile::thumbsup: