Brown Leafs

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by Growkid23, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Hey , could anyone help me out with this problem that keeps coming back. My plants seem to develop this dark brown at the tips it goes from from yellow around the 3 leaves and then the tips go dark brown , It is happening on my lower fan leafs and it looks like nute burn but I have been giving my plants the suggested dosage. I have recently bought a humidifer it is sweet , I am able to control my temp and humidity levels to the % I want them . Grrr it will not allow me to upload a picture at this time :(

2. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

sounds like the symptoms of magnesium deficiency... but with your vague description it could be several things. A picture would help a lot. Also tell us about your water and your soil and your container size. You will also find that you can easily upload a picture if you get it to no more than 2048 pixels at its widest... at least that works for me.
    sbr_2048.jpg

3. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Emilya that is a beautiful picture, nice work :) . I did upload a picture , it would not let me because i was not logged in.

4. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

here is a couple pictures of the lower fan leaves I picked . This is happening on all my plants.

Attached Files:

5. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Em what strain is that ?

6. emilya

that is Sugar Black Rose, just days from harvest.
    It is much more helpful to you, the plants and to us as diagnosticians if you leave the leaves on the plant. Your description this time and the pictures is pretty definitive though, it does sound like a magnesium deficiency. Usually the cause of this is improper pH adjustment of your incoming fluids, not the lack of magnesium... but if you are giving RO or Distilled water in soil without calmag+, this also oftentimes causes this deficiency. It is not that easy though... it could be that you are using some odd soil mix that is causing it too... so tell us a bit about your water and your soil before I lock down with this as my best guess.

7. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Ground Keepers Pride
    All purpose potting Soil 100% organic
    .25- .11-.14

I have been adding 5 ml of Cal mag per gallon with a ph of 6.5

8. emilya

hmm... that should be more than enough and at the proper pH. Let's see a shot of the entire plant... and how long has it been in this container?

9. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Hi Em , I have been barely home the last 2 days. I have put a humidifer in my tent and it has helped my humidity and temp stay constant . the brown leafs has been going on for awhile and it appears it is still happening . I have had the these plants in this pot for the last week.

Attached Files:

10. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

more pics

Attached Files:

11. emilya

is the problem isolated to that one lower fan leaf or is it in other areas too? Did that damaged leaf improve at all after you started giving calmag?

12. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

I have been giving the suggested dosage of Cal Mag 5 ml per gallon , I am seeing that one leaf has gotten really dark brown

13. emilya

one leaf is an anomaly... not a problem to be dealt with... keep doing what you are doing unless things get worse... i think you fixed it.

14. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

i might of found a source of my plant problem , over the time I have been experimenting with growing my local shop suggested to use this supplement in my feed call plantroids 2-1- 1 . I have had this same bottle for over a year now it has been sitting in a cool place . Today I feed my plants and noticed the liquid in this bottle to be chunky , i took a wiff and something was not right , I think it has gone bad and gonna take to my shop for more info. Think could be the reason why my plants are not growing healthy.

15. redtails

redtails Registered+

Yeah old nutrients can cause big problems. Good luck from here on out

• Agree Agree x 1