Bubble Bags 'n' Buds

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by DirtyBlueGene, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

well crap.jpg

Was hoping it would be mo' easy.

free bird.jpg

TANSTAAFL.

Weeze

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Yeah, me too! The thing is after the evap I had so little material in there, not even 1/16th of an inch at the thickest points. Most of the pan only had a glazing of oil, therefore the difficulty in removal. From a 9"X 9" pan, after removing half the oil, I only got about 1.5 grams. It's a dark red colour too, no green. Next time I'm shakin' the shit outta that jar, see what happens. :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Sounds like a semi-success, just needs a lil' fine tuning, no?

I really like the concept. :)
    I'm gonna look around for a smaller sized sili-pan to try. Probably 2-3 oz in the freezer, been there a while.
    Thinkin' of doing a partial evap, in my glass pie plate, to decrease volume enough to transfer into the smaller silicone to finish it up.
    Maybe something the size of a muffin cup would produce a lil' canna-puck with enough thickness to be workable?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Good thinkin'!

Our local head shop has small silicone containers.
    I have oil in syringes.
    Now all I need is a round tuit to see what sticks to what.
    You lot will probably beat me to this, I don't go out much. :)

Aloha,
    Wee

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtyBlueGene

You might be right about the muffin cup, my wife has a silicone large muffin pan that makes six muffins at a time instead of twelve, so each cup is fairly big. I really feel that if there was enough oil in the pan to have some decent thickness, say 1/8th" or better, I could have lifted it out clean and quick.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Red eh was the silicone red too lol.
    Green colour is when it sits to long in the alcohol, green never as good as golden to brown so it's good it's not green just don't get the red.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DirtyBlueGene

I still have the rest of the mostly depleted weed to use to use up, and as I mentioned earlier I will shake it like hell to see if I can get more oil out of it than the first round. I don't really care if it creates a lesser quality oil by doing that, just hope to confirm that thicker (depth) oil will be stiffer oil and more easily removable. ;)

8. DirtyBlueGene

Indeed it was! Though when I say red I mean reddish brown. Now I'm gonna have to let some straight alcohol sit in the pan to ensure there was no colour transfer. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Oh forgot to say it's possible the alcohol leeched out all the dye and no more may come off so letting some sit in it now may be inconclusive.
    Hindsight is always 20/20

10. DirtyBlueGene

Not to worry. I put some alcohol in the other pan and covered the top with a square cookie tin lid, then left it in the porch for a day. I poured the alcohol back in a bottle and it was still perfectly clear, though I had lost some to evaporation. I dipped the bottom of a white t-shirt (not mine :D) in the alcohol and rubbed it on the bottom of the pan that I had used and no colour rubbed off on the shirt. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I'm glad there was no transfer.
    Have you got to try it out yet!?

It's so smooth going down but man it packs a punch on the exhale.

12. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Better safe than sorry. :)
    Probably best to avoid some of the "bargain" made in China pans, huh? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

o_O :D :rolleyes:

I got a silicone container as a freebie in some order that I placed, a while back.
    It's a small, round 2-piece that screws together, only about an inch across.
    I've never put raw oil in it, just little balls rolled in lecithin. For that it works quite well.

14. redtails

redtails Registered+

I keep my oil in glass vials myself, it's what I always get it in so I figured that's the best but never questioned it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DirtyBlueGene

I've only tried a bit so far, basically cleaned off my scraping tools on the outside of a joint I had already rolled. The joint was some potent Tangerine Dream, so I got pretty ripped. stoned2.gif

• Like Like x 1
  16. DirtyBlueGene

I'm trying that right now. I poured the jar into the pan I had used previously, where it should dissolve the scraps of oil left in the pan from the batch I made earlier. Just gonna let it sit there to evaporate and reduce the volume enough to fit the cup in the muffin pan. I guess it will take longer to evaporate due to less surface area but I'm in no hurry. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. DirtyBlueGene

After 24 hours evap in the pan I thought it would be time to pour into the muffin pan. I underestimated the volume big time, and had enough to fill two muffin cups right to the brim. After another 24 hours only 1/4" has evaporated. I can see this is gonna take awhile to evaporate all the iso. :rolleyes:

18. DirtyBlueGene

Well now, things didn't go as well as I had hoped, lol. Before I removed the muffin pan from the freezer I asked myself how I was gonna get the frozen material into the vial I had, because the vial only has a 1/4" throat, hmmm? Then I remembered what Shov had said about parchment paper earlier in the thread, so I thought I would cut some smaller sheets of said paper to hopefully quickly roll the frozen oil into a snake that could be dropped into the vial. However, when I pushed up the under side of the silicone muffin cup it kinda popped and some of the oil went flying about like broken glass shards because it was still too thin to hold together. Luckily most of those shards landed into the adjacent cups, so I could rescue them and place 'em on the parchment paper, others went on my pants, the fuckin' floor, my keyboard, et cetera. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I chose to remove the rest of the oil from both cups manually, which wasn't too bad at all because the diameter of the cups is much smaller than a pan. I returned to the parchment paper to remove what I had dumped on there earlier and much to my delight I found that the oil there, now completely liquid, came off that paper cleanly and completely. So...... next time I wanna make hash oil, I will test the parchment paper to see if it is resistant to iso and if so, just line a glass pan with parchment paper. If I had enough oil to make a decent thickness puck , it might have popped outta the muffin pan cleanly, but it was still too thin and shattered.

Ah well, I got 5.5 grams of oil, and more importantly..... learned something. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

It's that last line that earned a "winner" award. :)

Because we got to learn it the easy way.
    Mahalo,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 1
  20. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Appreciate the efforts and keeping us abreast of things, DBG!

As much as I love the stuff, I sure hate handling it. :D

• Like Like x 1