Bubble Bags vs. Silk Screen for hash

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by DurbanStone, Dec 3, 2007.

1. DurbanStone

DurbanStone Registered+

What's your opinion?

2. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

It's the year 2007 and the cool kids use bubble bags... you want to be a cool kid too, don't you.

3. DurbanStone

DurbanStone Registered+

I am not a kid, so no. Does anyone have an actual agrument why one is better than the other?

4. Zcomp

Zcomp Registered+

I like the ease of the silk screen. I couldn't find bubble bags around here anyway. I'd have to order offline and then get it delivered. Being cool isn't my concern, getting caught is.
    Of course, if I were to make hash on a larger scale, I would probably look into the bags for constructive reasons.

5. DurbanStone

DurbanStone Registered+

That's what I was thinking. Did you make your own frame for your silk screen?
    I would only be using trim off an lbs every few months or so.

6. stinkyattic

Okay, then for practical reasons.
    Bubble bags rock for ease of use and efficient trich recovery off the plant material. You can process a good amount of trim relatively quickly.
    If you still have silk screens, go ahead and use them, but when they wear out, do yourself a favor and get a set of bags.

7. Zcomp

Zcomp Registered+

I ground up my trim into an appropriate size plastic cup(not disposable cups), then wrap the silk screen over the rim, secure it, then tip it upside down and shake(side to side not like a salt shaker) into a 3" deep non-stick 13"*9" pan(one with no blemishes).

I will get the bags when I want the highest quality for sure stinky. I would rather have the bags believe me. Just that I don't have convenient access yet. When I do, you can expect my rantings on this board to become a little more obscure. :stoned:

8. stinkyattic

Yes... I'll know you got into that 25u shit... hahahahaha!!!

9. Zcomp

Zcomp Registered+

Its cool stinky, I'm jealous of you, you clearly already have had the 25u.
    But then I just started smoking my own hash so I'm still very content with what I got. I can't stop examining it under my 100* micro.

10. DurbanStone

DurbanStone Registered+

Why do bubble bags have 10 bags, why not just 3?

11. BongLoser

BongLoser Registered+

@ Durban : For different qualities of hash or from a marketing perspective, more money, more replacements they have to buy then... well... you get the idea?

I personally use a silk screen because I find it easier for the small amount I make but if I was processing on a larger scale (ozs at a time) I would invest in bubble bags.

12. Opie Yutts

Opie Yutts Registered+

I thought bubble bags were basically made with silkscreen-type material. I was planning tentatively on making some bubble bags with silkscreen material. Now I am uncertain. Can this be done? Or do I need to look for a special bubble bag material?

Durban, some bubble bag sets have 3, some 5, some 7, some 10. Bigger numbers help to get all the trichomes. Of course for each number you will have that many different grades of hash.

13. rhizome

rhizome Registered+

OP= looked into fabbing up bags instead of buying- was going to cost more than the bags, by the time I had somebody do the sewing...

Sewing silk screen so that it won't tear is a bitch- 5 g of water is heavy...

We should chat off-board, but I can't rep you w/ an e-mail addy until I " spread some reputation around" - I have further input, on the dl.

Opie Yutts likes this.
  14. DurbanStone

DurbanStone Registered+

So the bubble bags come in a 3 set? I don't see the need for more than that, who wants 8 grades of hash? Two seem fine for me...

15. Zcomp

Zcomp Registered+

8 Grades is easy to deal with, 3 top grades for me and 5 bottom grades for everyone else.

16. Opie Yutts

Opie Yutts Registered+

17. Opie Yutts

Opie Yutts Registered+

rhizome, thank you very much for the interest. I repped you with my email address.

18. DurbanStone

DurbanStone Registered+

Thanks for the link.

Weird, it shows 8 bags, but describes 7...where the heck is the middle black!?
    Bah, forget what I wrote.

It looks like it would be hard to decide what to get.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  19. Hennessy1414

Hennessy1414 Registered+

if you were to get a simple silk screen how fine should the screen microns be? or how big should the screen holes be?:Rasta:

20. stinkyattic

Small enough to keep muskee-doos out.