burns/amputations / phantom pain

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by xcrispi, Oct 18, 2006.

1. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

hey ,
    yep skin sucks , super thin , it'll take years for it to toughen up . always got blisters or something going on . wouldn't feel right anymore if i didn;'t atleast have 1 good size wound on me .
    do you have really bad sleep probs too ? :confused: nomore opaites here man , tired of oxycottin , ms cottin , vicodin , percocet etc.... i'd just as soon smoke a fatty n live an extra day or 2 . "pain is good' it lets me know i'm still alive !!! :D
    where you from new york ? your very blessed too man , i met a guy while in the burn unit that did exact same thing as yourself n he lost his right leg above the knee .
    peace

• Like Like x 1
  2. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

It's worth a shot....

Hi guys, considering the healing properties of cannabis, maybe using hemp oil might help your skin. Folks with kidney disease get a nasty skin condition called pruritus- dry, very itchy, skin. There is no cure for it, but an article claims that endocannabinoids cleared it up for some pruritus sufferers. http://www.acmed.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=207 Endocannabinoids and cannabinoids are closely chemically related, so if it were me, I'd give myself hemp oil rubdowns for a few weeks, just to see if there is any change. Internally, it's good for your heart, so you might want to take a tsp or two a day. If it doesn't work for your skin, it's still not a waste since it's good for your health! You can get hemp oil at any health food store or on line. I'm glad you fellows got together. :) It's a drag feeling alone. Now, mozzie on down to TY and meet some more friendly folks! http://www.treatingyourself.com :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

hey stormcrow ,
    peace man . more good input as always . i go thru like a jar of palmers coco butter based creme a week easy . co co butter oil seems to work a lil better but all my clothes end up a.f.u . lol . i'm gonna try hemp oil externally first n i'll give you a holler back n let u know how it works any dif. etc....
    G/B bro n much karma
    xcrispi

4. five0addict

five0addict Registered+

figured you were off opiates just wondering if they shot you with that phentnol. oh another one of my favorites was benadryll, sounds weird but it put me to sleep. i desperately tryed to sleep to pass time as fast as posible, i didnt have cable tv or nothin.
    really no sleep problems, sometimes takes long to fall asleep, but i work night shift so its tough anyway.
    im in cali, centeral coast. i was in fresno at the burn center there, it sucked ass. teaching hospital so theres always classes going on. i was talking about how its not worth it and telling them to pull the plug. they called in a class of phycyatrists, that was entertaining. im sure i scared every single one of those docs. there was absolutely nothing they could say to make me feel better and i made sure they knew it. i got too many stories ill shutup now! :eek:

never thought of hemp oil, but ive used everything in the isle and no go. theres this product called elta thats ok but its super greasy and makes me itchy.
    i need to get my perscription, right now im living check to check so is tough to save money.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  5. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Hey, Xcrispi, glad to help- oh, and it's sis, not bro! lol I will appreciate the feedback! Unlike much of the scientific community, I pay attention to those "anecdotal" stories- they are someone's personal experience and are as valid as a study, in my book.

6. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

Storm Crow = sorry sis :)
    anyone willing to help w/ their 2 c worth is much appreciated .
    i hope the other dudes willing to kik it bk n forth a lil , i found it to be of some help going to burn meetings while in hospital talking to others that have been there n done that . their input meant more than the hosp. shrinks talking book at ya etc... they've had me bk. for aftercare n took me to see other patients more than once so they can see anythings possible n give them words of encouragement .
    i know when i got home i had tons of questions that drs. basically couldn't answer because of the nill survival rate . i went deaf from experimental antibiotics too and didn't help w/ communication skills in the least . now fools bionic n shit . cochlear implant now n would love to help others in my position .
    peace n God Bless S/C :thumbsup:

7. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

hey 5-0 addict ,
    i dont ever remember any phentnol but then again i was in drug induced coma for the first 5 mos. when they brought me out of it those arabs had just slammed the plane into the trade cntr. so i.v. benedryl was at a premiun . sooooo many folks got burned n sooo many med supplies for n.y . i had a cuttie that worked in pharm. that would hiide liquid benedryl in my room for me so i always had it . oral benedryl not work nearly as well . i was so tired of itchin from healing man and it helped me sleep too .
    i too was in a teaching hosp. lol . every week meant a new band of med. srudents coming thru. ewwn n ahhhn at ya n shit .
    but lifes good .
    peace

8. Annabanana

Annabanana Registered

Yikes 3rd degree burns over 85% that has to be rough.
    I have a neurological condition called dystonia (it's in the same family as
    Parkinson's) and have had to take huge doses of narcotics, benzo's, garden variety muscle relaxers, etc. Muscle relaxers will definitely screw with your liver and opioid / tylenol combos aren't great for renal function. I started taking marinol (think pot in a pill) last spring and it works wonders.
    Only problem is I can't get it anymore b/c I live in a screwy state (AL).

9. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

10. Annabanana

Annabanana Registered

Thanks so much Storm Crow;) I've got a good bit of research printouts and other info. Being a nurse doesn't hurt either. I just don't have anyone that will write the script at this point and I'm having to rely on my family's ins and they blew a gasket when my mother snooped her way into the RX part of the website and found out that I was taking it. So for now it's all about finding some plants.

11. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

hey annabanana ,
    saw that you poped up on the im list , thats cool . feel free to hit me up n chat i'm always around .
    peace -n- god bless
    happy turkey day
    xcrispi

12. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

bump kottonmouthchris bout vape

13. surreys princess

surreys princess Registered+

*bump*

thread fixed for my bud crispi......you and the mrs take care x

14. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

:hippy: Surrey Rocks :hippy:

15. surreys princess

you bet your ass bro.... ;)

ask, and ye shall receive..... :D

16. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

She does rock but she has this way of popping up......:D

17. surreys princess

i know....

i am like a bad habit, eh?! or better yet, that leak in the faucet you keep swearing you fixed....

always love seeing you wh xx

18. Canuckofithaca

Canuckofithaca Registered+

i broke my neck last year, completely shattered one of the bones, and weed helps with the occasional pain and arthritis like no other

christ, arthritis at 16

19. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

christ....a BROKEN NECK at sixteen. Hope you are doing better. :jointsmile:

20. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

You and Lip both w/ the broken neck my friend .
    Arthritis here too after cooking all my joints . :D
    Pain is good , extreme pain is extremely good . :) Try some gloucosamine bro .
    Crispi :jointsmile: