PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Can BUD go BAD or EXPIRE?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by Adrenaline Rush, May 23, 2007.

1. Adrenaline Rush

Adrenaline Rush Registered+

Just a simple question....can bud go bad or expire?

I just found an 1/8 in my closet that I had lost about 9 months ago. I remember this was some really strong stuff. Nonetheless, I noticed the smell has, somewhat, gone away. The bud still looks like bud, only alot dryer (from the outside). The Buds are still intact and nicely compressed and when I split one of the buds, the inner part of the bud still looked fresh and crystalized. It still smells like herb, but alot less stronger than when it was fresh.

I'm just wondering if it's still safe to smoke. I actually smoked about half a bowl of it and it gave me a head change, but I'm not sure if I should smoke more of it.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. Psycho4Bud

Psycho4Bud The Modfather

VERY safe to smoke but may not have the kick that it did before. The only "bad" thing to watch out for is mold developing on the bud. Personally, I wouldn't smoke it if it did mold but to each his/her own.

The way it sounds though, I'd fire up what you got!:thumbsup:

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

3. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

P4B Speaks truth ,
    Unless it's moldy - fire in the hole . Old weed just turns to mummy dust when you break it up is all .
    Peace
    Crispi :jointsmile:

4. mrdevious

mrdevious Registered+

From what I've read, bud loses about 50% of it's THC after a year. But I was once out of weed, really desperate, and found an old roach that I knew was 1 1/2 years old because I recognized the filter as the first I'd ever bought. I smoked the thing, and got very high. So have at it:thumbsup:

5. WakingDream

WakingDream Registered+

Light and drying out are the worst factors. Light kills thc so bud kept in a dark place in a jar would do better then a baggie left in the open.

6. rebgirl420

rebgirl420 Registered+

Who lets weed sit around for more than ayear anyway? Im lucky if my 1/8 lasts more that 3 days!

7. LIP

LIP Banned

I smoked some of my cousins 6 month old bud last saturday night - and it was hardly anything and it got me fucked. As long as it's not moldy it'll be fine - and the smoke should be SMOOTH as fook!

8. green_gardenr

green_gardenr Registered+

rebgirl 420 seriously fucking smoke it up or do something else with your money haha