Can I freeze brownies?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by lazydaisy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Registered

Hey all

I made some mean brownies a couple of days ago with canna-butter, and I have a few left... but me and my man won't get any evenings to ourselves for a good while.

Can I freeze them? Or will that make them less potent? Has anyone tried freezing either hash brownies or weed brownies? At the moment they are just sitting in the fridge, but they can't live there forever.

2. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot Registered+

It is safe to assume that freezing will not affect the THC in anyway. Indeed, I often put my ounce of weed in the freezer and go get a couple of grams when needed, no potency lost.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  3. Rabbit Lion

Rabbit Lion Registered+

yes you can. freezing is a good longterm method to preserve cannabis for a good couple months without potency loss.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Registered

That's great, thank you very much! :)

5. Dr. Bloor

Dr. Bloor Registered+

Lazy: I made some brownies several months ago and froze some. Had one the other night! Well the freezer did not affect them at all! Cheers

6. moody420

moody420 Registered+

You can absolutely freeze them! They will be waiting for you when you have a night to relax! :jointsmile:

7. RAINHAZE

RAINHAZE Banned

Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. rudy2010

rudy2010 Banned

Defiinitely freeze brownies, cookies, candy and other medibles to keep them fresh longer.

When freezing buds try to leave them just slightly wet so when you thaw them they don't come out crisp.
    :Rasta:

• Like Like x 1
  9. breezer101

breezer101 Registered

Don't freeze your weed

I have frozen lots and lots of weed to find out that I won't do it anymore. When I stored good dried well groomed buds in the freezer, they fell apart when I took them out. This leaves them usable only for bongs or vaporizors.

I have frozen cookies, cakes, food stuff I made from high grade bud to find out over time it loses it's potency. My personal experience is to eat it right out of the oven, and man do you ever catch a buzz off that one. But each passing day, even while sitting in a dark air tight container, it loses the effects. So now I make only what I am to consume within a few days.

• Like Like x 2
  10. pipesdaddy

pipesdaddy Registered+

Yes, freezing is definitely going to help in its preservation.

11. MightyBlaze

MightyBlaze Registered+

hell might take some of the taste out of it and make it easier to eat!! :)

12. OdetteDuclos

OdetteDuclos Registered

My mom always freezes brownies and cookies. She just slices them and puts them in a freezer bag -- no additional wrapping necessary. I, too, prefer frozen brownies. They're extra chewy! But my dad microwaves them.

13. MightyBlaze

MightyBlaze Registered+

you can do whatever you want buddy!