Can you Clone a Re-Veg plant ?

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by Buds Buddy, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I'm wondering if you can clone a re-vegged plant or if it's even worth doing it ? Will it lose a lot of potency if you do it ? I saved 1 - OG Fire & 1 - Pie face plant from my last grow & re-vegged them. They are doing very well with lots of leaves & branches. Took about 2 weeks before I seen growth but it's been almost 4 weeks now & they are doing very well. They will get moved from my seedling tent this weekend where they're under 24/0 light under T-5's to my LED Tent where they will go under 20/4 light under LED's until I'm ready to Flower.
    But I'm having a helluva time trying to buy seeds so I'm wondering if I could clone these 2 re-vegged plants & if it would be any good.
    I have a seed order on it's way …. but not so sure I'll get them. They've been stuck at ISC (international service center) USPS Los Angeles for 12 days already.
    Bought $188 in Bitcoin to order from another place 12 days ago; but you have to leave your money in Bitcoin for 14 days before you can spend it. In 12 days I lost $75 of the Bitcoin purchase as the value keeps dropping fast.
    I only have $113 left of my $188 as of today. WARNING: AVOID BITCOIN !!! (it's a rip off in my book)
    I found NO Info telling you exactly how it worked prior to purchasing after a week of searching for the info so I took a chance & regret it very much. Never Again !!!
    I'm concerned about my seed order because just last week I ordered 50 - Black 35mm film containers from China. Thought they'd be perfect for storing and labeling seeds. They went to ISC Chicago & have already been sent on there way to the next post office. These were only at ISC Chicago for 2 days. My seeds have been stuck at ISC L.A. for 12. Should I be worried ???
    Thanks for any comments on this. (If I get any) It seems there's only about 12 people on this site who are actually helpful. I guess the rest just read & don't post anything … who knows ???
    Weezard should be running this site as he is more helpful than anyone else. I can't thank him enough for all the help he's given me. I know it's not just me he helps as I try to read everything he posts because most of the time there's more info to learn in them. Weezard for President of Cannabis.com !!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

I have seen things sit in ISC (inside storage container) for a while... try to imagine how many small pieces of mail can fit into a freight container. Take a deep breath and cross your fingers... you will know when you get either your shipment or one of those funny letters from customs.
    Totally agree with you about bitcoin and the others... I am going to stay out of the speculative currency market.
    Regarding cloning a reveg... I don't see any reason why you couldn't. Each successive generation is going to be a little less in potency, but it would take 10 generations for you to be able to see the difference. I say clone them, and clone them often. Why pay for seeds when you don't have to? Get a couple of harvests in, and when you are ready for a change of taste, try out some new seeds.
    Lastly, Weeze for President! Glad he has been here for you! I don't know who is more resilient, our Wee' or that gecko on tv, but I would bet on our Weeze to come out ahead. Hat's off to you Nero, continuing to fiddle while Rome was burning... he should be President for life!
    M

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I just ordered seeds because I wanted to try out some Auto Flowers for the 1st time & also some Feminized Gorilla Glue, White Widow, Girl Scout Cookies & White Rhino. Figured I'd have me a variety for the next year or so. They say "Variety is the spice of life".

• Like Like x 2
  4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Mahalo for the good thoughts.

"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected." ---William Tecumseh Sherman

Also;
    Cloning auto-flowers?
    This, I gotta see. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Man. I feel bad about your bitcoin experience. I guess I got lucky in that I did my order just before the crash. And I didn’t see that coming. Sent you a message about that crypto crash a little while ago. I totally agree about abstaining from bitcoin for the now. And to all you bean vendors.... step up your game man. Get stateside, figure how to use USD or get left behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I'm not cloning Auto's. They are 2 plants From my last grow that I re-vegged that I will clone. That stuff was really good. I think I found my problem of why I was only getting 2 oz. off a plant. I was only flowering for 8 weeks & then harvesting. I kept 1 plant flowering longer just to see what happened. It flowered for 12 weeks & the buds are 2 - 3 x's the size of the ones from the other plants. I flushed it this week for harvest as it has about 60 - 70 % Red Hairs. Now to see how good it is after a 12 week flower cycle. Looking forward to see what the weight difference is too.

7. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Sounds like a sativa dominant... they generally take longer to finish out. Always harvest due to what you see the trichomes doing and you won't make the mistake of early harvesting again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I totally agree with you ! I ordered a digital microscope the other day. Suppose to be here Friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Rusty.jpg

Gotta love a 'scope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1