cannabis.com veterans thread

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by sundance., Apr 21, 2015.

1. Justo

Justo Registered+

Hi guys hope you don’t mind me posting here but could do with some much needed knowledge.

This is my 1st grow and I think it seems ok.. It’s a Royal Jack Auto using cfl lighting. But lol ..... Could I have some advice please , my plant is developing some yellowish An light green leaves in parts and looking like starting to flower on top?? I have been using cfl’s at 8500k to grow with an 18/6 cycle and have some 6500k for flowering ‘which haven’t been used yet’. Question is does the plant in pics look ok as never grown before, the plant is around 8wks old An roughly 1ft tall...
    justo

Attached Files:

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

You left out useful information.
    What's the actual wattage of the cfl? :)

3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I don't know much about autoflowers. But that autoflower is in full flower.

4. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

I suspect that your plant is having a non mobile nutrient deficiency. To look into why that is happening, check for proper watering technique and pH before considering adding anything. Your plant is definitely in flowering mode, so it is time to change the lights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Justo

Justo Registered+

Wattage is 40w will get a ph kit an Check ‘prob should’ve done that at the start’??? Lights now changed but meant to put 2700k not 6500k , currently the plant has 4 of these around it, would’ve been 5 but ones just blown ... Should I keep the cycle of 18 on 6 off or reduce that now?? Thanks

6. emilya

18/6 is fine for autos... 40w is just barely enough. Your plant looks to me like you overwater and you give unadjusted tap water at a pH of 7. Yes, you should have considered that from the start... despite what others may tell you, pH is important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Yup, and tap water is not necessarily 7.0.
    Ours is 8.4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Justo

Justo Registered+

Hi thanks for your help, I have made the error of using tap water and roughly watered daily to every two days so will sort that straight away An check ph of ours.. I’ll prob add some more lighting too, but poss too late for this grow?? I bought a tester which does ph, light An moisture so have included pics, although it does say it does work well for artificial light lol..
    1st pic moisture
    2nd pic ph
    3rd my grow cupboard

Attached Files:

9. Justo

Justo Registered+

Just some pics of plant leaves too as they seem to be curling An going limp ????

Attached Files:

10. emilya

how often do you water?

11. Justo

Justo Registered+

About every 2 Days , did do daily before that though , I’ve had a look on sites an they say ph should be about 5.5-6 too, so I’m guessing mine is a little on the high?

12. emilya

yes it is a bit high, although that multi-meter that you just purchased is not going to be a very accurate measure, but in soil you do want to get into a range of around 6.3-6.8. For plants that are not thriving, watering every two days sounds excessive... by what means do you determine it is time to water?

13. Justo

Justo Registered+

Ive got a ph test kit on the way, complete with ph up An ph down so hopefully that’ll sort it. As for watering I’ve gen just felt the soil to see but suppose the lower down by roots would be wetter..

14. emilya

do a search on the lift method. It is my belief after our chat that you have 2 problems, the pH adjustment and overwatering. It is imperative to wait to water until ALL of the water is gone, all the way to the bottom. If you lift up the container you should not be able to feel ANY water weight, or you are watering too often. When you do water eventually, water with gusto, slowly adding more and more until the soil cant hold any more and the rest runs out the bottom. After that, wait, 2 days... 3 days... even a week if your roots are in that bad of shape, for the plant to seek out and use all of the water in the container. Once your roots are able to do this, your plant instead of drooping, will rise up toward the light and will be in full growth mode. You are killing your plants with kindness... or at least what you think is kindness. I wrote a nice piece on watering... you should read it. It is a sticky after all, so I must have said something good in there. Give it a try... let me know what you think.

15. Justo

Justo Registered+

Got the ph kit and you were right, that meter is not very accurate at all, in fact no where near lol.. So now it’s bang on ‘An will be on the next grow’ I read up on the lift method too and am more than happy with my watering techniques.. I think the plant is looking much better and have added a new pics, mainly to ask about the flowering and what stage I’m at, I have been told to wait for most of the white pistils to darken..

Attached Files:

16. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

She's got at least 2 weeks to go.
    The pistils will look shorter as the calyx swell.

Sniff her daily. When the scent changes, scope the trichs
    See any amber? Chop chop. :)

17. Justo

Justo Registered+

Hi just a further update of pics, hope you don’t mind me putting these up, I got a jewelers loupe An when zoomed in the trichomes seem to be more cloudy now and have read this is when ready????

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Chop chop. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. beachguy in thongs

beachguy in thongs Registered+

Holy Sheet, time travel is so cool. What year are in we in, now? Anybody still alive? I found out that only two different blood-lines populated India.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Wow, just like Mississippi. :p

Welcome back!

• Funny Funny x 1