cannabis.com veterans thread

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by sundance., Apr 21, 2015.

1. Up In Smoke 420

Up In Smoke 420 Registered+

Hi everybody! Joined 13 years ago. That doesn't sound right.. Where are the other OG posters?

2. Justo

Justo Registered+

A little bit of help would be appreciated ..

Hi all after growing autos before I’m now on my first non auto. I’m using cfl’s after being quite successful before. Just wondering as an when I should be altering the lighting from 18/6 to 12/12 to stimulate the flowering stage and should I at this time change my color from 6500k to 2400k

Thanks guys

Attached Files:

3. Justo

Justo Registered+

Pics

Attached Files:

4. Justo

Justo Registered+

Pics

Attached Files:

5. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Hey Justo... you can send any plant to flower once it is mature, usually around 4 weeks. The real question is how big do you want it to be, ie, how much vertical space do you have, how much room do you have for large containers, etc. Once you go to flower you can expect your plant to double in height. That makes the decision early for me in a small 4x4 tent and I rarely let my plants veg taller than 24" or so, and I have a lot more leeway for a much larger plant in an open room with a tall ceiling or of course, outside. The answer to the color question is yes, of course.

6. Justo

Justo Registered+

That’s great thank you very much for you help, I’ll change my lamps

7. emilya

Things seem to have quieted down around here! The lack of spam is stunning, thank you whomever is making that happen. I was hoping that this would happen someday and we could get back to things. What has been happening since I fled the chaos? OldMac, you still around? Weeze, I saw you, hope all is well. WW, you still here? Greetings to StormCrow and Stinky and all the rest... did I mention that Missouri is legal now!
    ---Happy Emmie

• Like Like x 1
  8. Justo

Justo Registered+

Hi just a quickie my plants been on to 12/12 An lights changed for coming up to 3 weeks now but my plants leaves are now looking a bit yellow?? Of which I’m a bit concerned . I know some do go like that but is mine a bit too much??

Justo

Attached Files:

9. emilya

you feeding her calmag at 6.3 pH?

10. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

The lack of span is awesome, sadly, its going to take a long time to build up our membership again. I've noticed with the advent of weed legalizing across the nation, posts about how to pass a drug test has cratered. That's a good thing. I'd prefer to attract members that want to be members for the social benefits of posting on the forum. I've noticed also that growing questions are down a lot too, and I'm presuming that has a lot to do with people in legal states being able to find local support groups to help them better grow weed and maybe exchange seeds on top of ideas.

11. Justo

Justo Registered+

Hi I’ve just kept to using this

Attached Files:

12. emilya

get some calmag+ and follow the directions... it will fix you right up. It wont fix the damaged leaves, but they will get green again around the burnt spots... don't pull them, use them as your canary's in the coal mine to see that you have fixed the problem.

13. emilya

Yes, this place is dead compared to the other forum I am active on. Once you chase away members they rarely come back. People are still going to want to be secretive and not let the whole world know they are growing, even in legal states and forums will always be popular because of that, and because half the states are still not legal. Also, how many times have we seen the local idiot at the hydro store give someone awful advice? Real experts on the forums are always going to be needed, and in an environment where people refrain from arguing about every little bit of advice, people will learn and will recommend the forum to other newbies. When things devolve to the point that this board went to a year or so ago... who can blame them for leaving?

14. Justo

Justo Registered+

Thank you, I’ve ordered some so fingers crossed it’ll sort it out

15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

@Justo.
    Just my 2 cents, but that container is too small for that plant. Her feet hurt. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Justo

Justo Registered+

Got Val mag,Container changed as advised to a much much bigger one, hopefully she’ll be much happier now and flower away.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. emilya

good job!

18. irydyum

irydyum Registered+

March 4, 2007

With only a thousand posts, I probably have the least frequency for anyone over 10 years here. Quality over quantity I say :)

This community has taught me a lot about being humble, precise, and not parroting or regurgitating BS simply because it's "what I've heard". Experience based suggestions/observations only.

Cheers!
    Iry

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

This forum is more informational and camaraderie noways, although it's always been it's high point compared to other forums. With the rolling out of legalization over the years, there is continuing concrete developments, so the *hubris and false facts that were rampant a few years ago has mostly fallen to the wayside. Plus over the years, for this forum in particular, we only had a few members that had that sort of personality that trolled or invited people to troll against them.

*Hubris and false fact is a general statement about marijuana legalization articles from years ago, rather than specific to this forum or any other cannabis forum. More specifically, the sheer number of op-ed style articles being written with a thin veneer of authenticity, with dubious, if not outright false facts.

P.S I've been known to troll Emily on occasion, but rarely, on the topic of politics. :p

That being said, I've been pretty numb to Washington D.C. for months. Like a lot of people, it's just a waiting game for when Mueller releases his report. I must admit though, the last couple weeks have been pretty scintillating. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018 at 1:31 PM
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. emilya

Thanks Pupp, and yes, it has been excellent theater lately, but in the end, what are they going to do? They can't prove intent to use campaign money because if you remember, he was mostly self financed anyway. No one can prove which pocket he took the money out of and that somehow instead of using his own money he somehow used the little bit of campaign money that was coming in to pay off the ladies. Its an impossible thing to prove, and then for it to amount to anything, they would somehow have to convince the Senate to go along with an impeachment proceeding...
    Its all theater... its the thing that sells newspapers.
    I hope it all goes away soon. America is weary of this. Sadly, I think it is just going to get worse and we are going to see some of the most hateful politics ever witnessed in America, and we have had some doosies in the past. It is an interesting time to be alive, yes?

• Informative Informative x 1