Chocolate Cheese x Blowfish (grown under electrical charge)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pictures' started by emilya, Dec 21, 2016.

1. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

1 watt. cement=current? No. I have no need to adjust the current flow, but I surmise that the conductivity of the soil affects that naturally as the size of the wet region shrinks and expands during after watering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

I typed current⚡

3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Voltage will vary with the strength of the sunlight
    And current will vary with soil resistance.
    That solar cell can put out 3 volts max., but you could use a couple AA penlight cells indoors.
    Anything under 6 volts should be fine.
    Get much higher that that and you risk heating the soil.

4. Buck Rogers420

All this is done with DC.Would AC work with a reastat to turn it down to 3 volts?⚡

5. emilya

from what we understand about what is going on here on a microscopic level, I do not believe that AC current would work. I also do not think that pulsating DC current would work as well as the steady, only when the lights are on, output from a single solar cell. I can not argue with my success... with a single solitary solar cell, absolutely better growth was achieved. It is incumbent on us now to figure out why that happened, not see how many imaginative ways we can find to zap a plant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

However, if all I had war an AC source, I'd just hang a bridge rectifier and a small filter capacitor on it.

And 3-to 6 volt dc wall warts can be had at the thrift store for pennies.
    Usb phone chargers are a very clean 5 volts DC.

Heck, 2 dimes and 2 pennies sandwiched with wet, salted, blotting paper or an aluminum and a copper wire jammed into a lemon will produce >1 volt for a long time.

But I agree with Emilya about AC.
    We want to keep the ions moving in one direction if we expect to affect the chemistry of growth.

Don't mean ya can't have a little fun with it.
    Playing, and observation are the best tools for figuring things out.
    So, have some fun and let us know what you observe.

7. Buck Rogers420

AC current is redundant. So is DC current. The great and powerful Weezard suggested batteries. I can't believe they would last to long. I was thinking more "set it and forget it".

8. Buck Rogers420

Looking around the shop,I found. a AC to DC converter box I'm. Going to use. New grow only a week old so I have to wait a while to tune in and turn on ✌

9. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

I like the original idea of using a tiny solar panel. Low voltage, low risk, powered by the existing light, no water vs electricity issues and not another device to plug in. Yep, I'll try that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Rogers420

What's next after ELECTRIC CHOCOLATE CHEESE BLOWFISH?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. emilya

You all might be overlooking the benefit found in turning this charge off during the night, or maybe you have not yet read the responses from the University Ag Professor who is working on this experiment with me. Just plugging it into the wall and forgetting it, I believe will not just be ineffective, but it could be harmful in the long term to your plants instead of helpful.
    It is our belief that more important than the clustering effect that the charge creates around the roots during the day, this charge goes away for half of the 24 hour period when the lights go out. This removal of the charge releases the clustered nutrient molecules and microlife to then do what they do best, having been clustered by the charge right to the areas that they need to be to be most effective. It is an increase in efficiency of this feeding process that we believe we are seeing, in the normal feeding cycle in the rhizosphere, caused by the electric charge. We can also see that this process artificially and dramatically increases the cation exchange rate of the soil, allowing more nutrients to be available to the plants at any given time. We think that our charge is simply adding to and increasing the effectiveness of what the roots normally do in the presence of sunlight, bringing the ionic charge from above down below, to help draw nutrients toward the roots via that static charge. Our little solar cell is simply adding to the natural process that was there all along, making it stronger and more effective, with a little creative wiring and a technological way to send the sun's energy right down to the root level.

12. Buck Rogers420

:pirate: very interesting. I will plug into light timer.

13. emilya

Based on the outstanding results of this experiment many things have been learned. We now know more about how the leaves and the roots and the fungi work together on an electrical level, and have seen that a simple solar cell can greatly enhance this process.
    I now consider adding this charge as a regular part of my growing cycle and will be enhancing every grow that I do from now on. This reusable and zero cost solution with the solar cells is a win-win and provides no downside. We have now engineered a nice little platform that can be installed as a plant is moved into flower, that not only holds the solar cell up at a very effective height, but also serves as an additional support for the large buds to come and an effective spacer to spread out the middle of each plant.
    I will be writing up the results of this experiment and will be working on a book describing what I have learned over my 6 or 7 years in this hobby, learning as I went. We are also considering developing a system that we can market and sell to replicate what we are doing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Might want to do a little reading.
    See what other have done with this, It's not a new Idea.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1985/04/09/science/electricity-may-play-role-in-plant-growth.html

We we're playing with this in the '60s using batteries.
    The current drain is so low that a penlight cell will last months.
    A D cell will last more than a year and pulsed DC through an unfiltered rectifier was slightly more effective than steady DC
    It was fun. Couple kids did school science projects with it in my class alone
    Had the results been more dramatic, I would still be doing it.
    So would most commercial greenhouses.

Yes, there is some value to it.
    I'm just sayin' it's not the next big thing. :)

The ion migration theory looks good to me.
    But I also see value in generating Oxygen gas in the root zone through hydrolysis.
    That's what I was using it for.

I'm not an, I think this is what will happen now lemme try to prove it, kine guy.
    I'm more of a, fool around for funzies and love it when something unexpected occurs kine. :)

Difference is.
    Now we can share what we learn with others all over the planet, almost instantly.
    I love the future. Us old farts helped build it. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

16. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

17. emilya

cool stuff! I will dig through it! thanks!

18. Buck Rogers420

This reminds me vary little of the time I was given electric wine at a party once :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. emilya

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Zack M

Zack M Registered

O nice .
    nice image of marijuana