Conserving the good stuff

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by NIWIZ, Jan 21, 2017.

1. NIWIZ

NIWIZ Registered

Hi there,

I have a question that I was unable to find a solid answer to it. Long story short, here it is: I have a stash of around 300 grams of weed, and I am afraid that it is going bad (starting to get mold) even though I stored it in a cool, dry and dark place in a glass jar. So my question is, is there any unorthodox way to save my weed from going bad, i.e storing methods, or making it somehow consumable (like oil). Basically I want to be able to use it for longer (in any form) and not having to throw it away.

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Thanks

2. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

I hesitate to suggest anything, not knowing the extent of the contamination.
    Hopefully your letting it air-out. Must have been jarred too wet.

I do know of folks who have done a warm water/H2O2 rinse, before drying for an extraction.
    This was for a PM issue, with the bud still on branches and I'm unsure if it would work in your situation.

3. NIWIZ

NIWIZ Registered

Well, it's been jarred like that for 8+ months, but now the molding is just getting worse, and I think it won't last me longer than a month or two before it goes really bad and would have to throw it away :(... My buds are still on the branches too, and so is the good smell overall.

Can you please elaborate a bit the warm rinse process?

Appreciate your efforts mate!

4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

About a gallon of room temperature water.
    Add a pint of 3% H2O2.
    Immerse the buds, thrash them around.
    You can be quite rough as long as the water is not cold.
    Mind you, that's for fresh weed. If your buds are dry and brittle it is not recommended.
    I now rinse all my buds before drying. Takes off the pollen, dust, and critters, including their honeydew and mite poo.

Hashing would only recover half the resin.
    So, in your shoes, I'd use a solvent like Iso to extract all the golden goodness.
    With an 8 month cure, you will not need to decarb, so the oil will be smoke-able, and ingestible .

I'd do a small test run first. If the end product smells moldy, or "off", I'd discard it and try something else.

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard

• Like Like x 1
  5. NIWIZ

NIWIZ Registered

I will do a test and see how that goes. Thank you very much.