critical hog 12-1 under 12-1 light regime

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by shelton abbey, Aug 14, 2016.

1. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

and so it starts 10 girls down or up whatever way you wanna look at it :) gonna try and save a few bob on the electricity bill this time round by using this light method..12 hours on 5 1/2 off 1 on and 5 1/2 off so that's 13 hours of light for veg instead of the usual 18 on and 6 off ,some swear by it ,some not so much ,the plan for flowering is 10 hours on and 14 off some here will say im mad but it will if nothing else kill my curiosity about this lighting method ,,time will tell :doublethumbs:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. shelton abbey

1 week under the 400 watt went to 600 watt tonight all lookin ok :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

3. shelton abbey

[​IMG]
    bloody pic had never loaded.,here we are again

• Like Like x 1
  4. TLD420

TLD420 Registered+

Interested to compare these results with that of your other log. I am definitely interested in 12/1.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shelton abbey

2 weeks in ,,topped them tonight also went from 600 watts to the 1000 watts as some seemed to be getting a little tall,an lanky :mad: presumed it was from not gettin enough light,,, some certainly have better structure than others but we will see how they look in a week before gettin pissed about it ,,and of course there is 1 runt ,,always is huh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

What's your early observations on the new light schedule?

7. shelton abbey

I think it might be too early to say they seem to be happy enough but some have got very lanky/tall . But that might be down to lack of light although the first week they had 400 the second week 600 now on the third week there gettin 1k .
    Nervous about how long to leave them in veg seems im getting it wrong and getting stretchy plants by the time there done.amazing how much they change from the time you put them in flower and the time the stretch is fully over .as you can tell im no expert :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. shelton abbey

added the 600 watt light to the room today and spread out the girls i think ill be putting them into flower real soon ,,seein as previous grows have quadrupled in height it might be best ,ill try hold out till sunday though as that will be 3 weeks in veg,,,we'll see:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. shelton abbey

well 2 days on and there really liking the extra light so much so that iv'e changed the timers today 2 days shy of the 3 week mark ,,6 hours on and 18 off rather than what i had planned to do which was 10 on and 14 off,,if this light regime works well it really will save quite a bit of money :doublethumbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Damn that runt isn't even a runt it's a unt she's so small.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. shelton abbey

all good with the girls tonight ,,tomorrow 1 week in flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. shelton abbey

well 2 weeks in flower and the room is filling out nicely ,,they are just starting to show their feminine side :)
    which is about the same time as a 12/12 regime plant would be doing ,,so no great difference there .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. redtails

redtails Registered+

I like the stretch much better on this run! Very nicely spaced but still really bushy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shelton abbey

3 weeks in and most are fully starting to bud now ,done a nice bit of pruning on the underside of them tonight
    hope everyone is stayin safe out there :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. shelton abbey

Not much to report ..some more developed than others all still a little behind where I would prefer them to be tbh.but I've been here lots of times at this stage of grows before and realise a lot can happen in 5/6 weeks at least that's what I keep telling myself anyway .no pics this week as I'm between working phones at the moment ..stay safe all

16. shelton abbey

Well tonight I gave in and went 12/12 on the girls ..couldnt stand lookin at them lagging behind for the time frame they are at .tbh the best of the girls only looks like its three weeks in and now this is my only grow i can't afford this experiment to let me down financially. Sorry to anyone following that was expecting a full run and again no pics pH batt needs replacing .
    In future it will be back to normal lighting regime but in saying that the veg cycle seemed to work well so that part might warrant further investigation

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. shelton abbey

Coming into 6th week ...Well the girls seem to have improved.although they are still behind at the moment but time will tell how how much yield I will lose from this process[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  18. Johno D 88

Johno D 88 Registered+

Cant see the pictures

19. shelton abbey

20. shelton abbey