Day 40 grow 1

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pictures' started by Vladimir B., Aug 18, 2016.

1. Vladimir B.

Vladimir B. Registered+

Today is day 40 since Betsy peaked her head above the ground. I know I have a long while to go yet, but I have to admit I am already starting to get excited. :) I think things are moving along well, or at least she seems healthy anyway. Some of you gave some advice the other day to up pot, so I did last weekend from a 3 to 5 gal. smartpot. It will be the 1st and last time a do that, what a pain in the keister. My wife and I flipped her over, pulled prodded and encouraged, but she was not moving. Ended up just having to cut the pot off. I don't think there was a bit of space that wasn't packed with fibrous bushy roots. Didn't even loose any dirt in the transplant so I guess that is good. Betsy has quickly over grown her new home too so she seems happy.

For day 40, I thought it would be a good time to set up the scrog. Although with as bushy as she's gotten, I don't know if it will be a proper scrog or more of a skeletal support. Either way, I figure it is still a good learning experience. I got a cheap motorcycle bungee net, made some side supports out of some bamboo stakes we had, and wallah, instant scrog net.
    Really enjoying my 1st ride and can't wait to see what day 80 will bring :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Dang!
    Images didn't post.

3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Drat! No new images in your media album either.
    <sigh>

4. Vladimir B.

Vladimir B. Registered+

I figured out that I could copy and paste right from dropbox. Images were a pain to add to albums since they are too big. I had to use the snipping tool in windows and save a smaller JPeg img.

I don't get why they aren't posting for you. I see them here on my screen.

EDIT:

All right my man, I uploaded the pics in album just for you. I do value your opinion :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

My opinion?
    Too busy droolin' on my keyboard.
    Brilliant job so far.
    I feel like a proud uncle.

Aloha,
    Uncle Weeze

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Vladimir B.

Vladimir B. Registered+

Thanks man. Coming from an experienced grower, I will consider that a big compliment. Betsy said she will be glad to have Uncle Weeze looking after her too. :)

So now that I have everything locked down and permanently in place, how do you think I should proceed? You can see that I still have some room around the screen. Do I want to veg until I completely fill up the space? Or would I want to flip the switch before I maxed it out so I could keep tucking for the first few weeks of the flower phase?

7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Your call, grower.

If it was my call, I'd flip her now. For 2 reasons.
    1. Tucking will fill out that space rapidly.
    and
    B. Impatience.
    Canardly wait. :D

Aloha,
    Weeze

8. Vladimir B.

Vladimir B. Registered+

Well I tried to lay out a rough game plan to keep myself patient before I started. Being hands on now is just a lot different than paper plans. I have to admit, I am starting to get that impatient itch o_O. I am just trying to give it my best effort for my first attempt at growing.

I had originally thought to make the switch around Sept. 19 figuring 2 months from transplant would be about right. But the way things look, I don't think I will need to wait that long. As it is now, she was transplanted to the 5gal pot a week ago and I gave her an under-canopy trim for airflow yesterday before I put the scrog in. Figured I better do it then since I would no longer be able to spin her around.
    Since she completely filled the 3 gal pot with roots in 26 days, I don't think she will take too long to fill out the 5 inches of soil that was added in the 5 gal pot. I was thinking a week or two for the roots and about a week to be happy with her hair cut.

So I dunno, I think will wait a week and see how we're looking. I am however super stoked to know that you would flip her now as that tells me a lot in and of itself. I think I can start getting excited to know that I will probably be switching sooner than later :Woot:
    Though since I won't be able to smoke anything until after the 1st week Dec., I don't think it really matters when I switch. Unless I can pull just a little sample by mid to late Oct. I will just be dry until Dec. But hey, it's been almost 20 years since my last foray with THC, so a little longer isn't going to kill me :banghead2:

As always, thanks for the input

9. demondo

demondo Registered

By
    What do you mean by "flip"?

10. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

He means go from veg, to flower.
    He gave then >12 hours of darkness.
    I'm guessing that they got flipped and subsequently harvested. at the end of 2016
    And, being a first grow, he was probably surprised when they tried to double their height. :D

Vlad was last on in April of 2017. :(

11. demondo

demondo Registered

Thanks Weezard. That's about where I am at and being a rank beginner I didnt catch the gist. You confirmed what I thought.

• Friendly Friendly x 1