PAX2 Vaporizer

Deaths Per Year From Drugs In America

Discussion in 'Activism' started by LOC420, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LOC420

LOC420 Registered

Deaths Per Year From Drugs In America

ALL LEGAL DRUGS
    DEATHS

ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS
    DEATHS

PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
    DEATHS

TOBACCO
    DEATHS

ALCOHOL
    DEATHS

CAFFEINE
    DEATHS

HEROIN
    DEATHS

COCAINE
    DEATHS

ASPIRIN
    DEATHS

MARIJUANA
    DEATHS​

If you don't believe me then go do your own research.

2. Hempsouth

Hempsouth Registered+

Enough said...:thumbsup:

3. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Just looking at the numbers.......

Maybe we need a "War on prescription drugs"! :wtf:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thizz All Day

Thizz All Day Registered+

If you check the numbers of drug-related hospital visits, I believe marijuana comes... 2nd? After cocaine.

No point, just some information. As much as I love weed and blaze, I don't see how legalizing it would make anything better. Especially when their reasoning is pointless facts like the 1 you posted.

5. MasterKushy

MasterKushy Registered+

Funny you say that, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that with the increase in prescription drug use among teens, they are starting to incorporate some Above the Influence commercials about pills. But of course, the only ads I still see on TV are the ones lying about cannabis.

6. SirSmellyEwic

SirSmellyEwic Registered

this is probably accurate however, those 800k prescription drug deaths, at least not all of them should be listed underneath "legal" drugs... as most of those, i'd say bout 95% of those, they didn't have a prescription for it.

Again this is an argument that does nothing for your cause. If ur cause is personal freedom... if you only care about getting one particular drug legalized, then yes... it'll help... but perhaps not, because when using these numbers you are targeting an audience that believes pot is a gateway drug. whether it is or not doesn't matter... they believe if more ppl get a taste of pot, they'll think "oh my i wonder what the illegal ones are like?"

just because something is illegal doesn't mean people aren't gonna do it. In fact when alcohol was illegal, sales went thru the roof. that's a stronger argument for you. know your target audience. They want to minimize use of ALL intoxicants... and you'll never convince them that Pot is healthy. So really you need a new argument.

You're welcome.

7. SirSmellyEwic

SirSmellyEwic Registered

good thinking!:thumbsup:

8. ForgetClassC

ForgetClassC Registered+

Seems legalizing MJ would make it harder to get it for youths. I mean, when I used to get pot in highschool, I would go buy pot. When I would get alcohol, I would go get someone, and they would go get it. Why not add another step to it for the youths, just another checkpoint that they could be turned down at.

-C

9. palerider7777

palerider7777 Banned

even a gateway drug to asprin and caffeine? lmao

10. CannaChrist

CannaChrist Registered

I agree with sir smelly that these statistics do not help our cause.

I do find it very interesting. I believe it, But could you post a link to the source of this info. Some of us don't have endless days to search for it.